Empty dinghy in the Channel

Started by T00ts, November 24, 2021, 06:33:57 PM

« previous - next »

johnofgwent

Quote from: T00ts on November 24, 2021, 06:33:57 PM
So far about 25 bodies found and some survivors have been recovered but darkness is hampering the search. Will this persuade these guys not to chance it?

The large boats are now able to carry enough people to make the slavers a quarter of a million per dinghy.

On that basis until we drag a few boats back to Calais and drag the people smugglers onto the beach and machine gun them, I'd say, no, it won't. 
<t>In matters of taxation, Lord Clyde\'s summing up in the 1929 case Inland Revenue v Ayrshire Pullman Services is worth a glance.</t>

cromwell

Quote from: Borchester on November 24, 2021, 11:03:04 PM
Fair enough Ollie. How about this. At least thirty one people have died. They wanted a better life and died in the attempt. God rest their good souls.
Well as said we need to make it clear this is a bad idea nobody wants t see people dying but help where possible should be in their home nations.

Been watching news at ten where they have been running this much along Borkys they're coming here for a better life.

That's  great and understandable but we have problems of our own to solve.

I saw some woman ranting that people have been shipped straight to Scotland after landing or that camps are woeful.

Meanwhile this same channel has been running a long story about the awful conditions people are living in here in social housing.

Selfish but we need to look to our own first.
Energy....secure and affordable,not that hard is it?

Borchester

Quote from: cromwell on November 24, 2021, 10:51:22 PM
Bit much Borky where's yours in general.
Fair enough Ollie. How about this. At least thirty one people have died. They wanted a better life and died in the attempt. God rest their good souls.
Algerie Francais !

cromwell

And just watching Peston.

Forget climate change it's a migrant emergency and pantomime principal boy tells us we need greater cooperation with Europe.

cromwell

Quote from: Borchester on November 24, 2021, 09:48:24 PM
Then do it publicly, because so far I haven't seen any sign of any compassion from any board members. And the mortality bill is now 31, 5 of whom were women and 1 a child.
Bit much Borky where's yours in general.

T00ts

Quote from: Borchester on November 24, 2021, 09:48:24 PM
Then do it publicly, because so far I haven't seen any sign of any compassion from any board members. And the mortality bill is now 31, 5 of whom were women and 1 a child.
I believe we were warned against ostentatious shows of prayer. Any loss of life is awful especially when it is so pointless. They could have jus stayed still but someone had convinced them of their safety and the gold in our streets. It is them that will need ostentatious prayer.

Barry

Quote from: Borchester on November 24, 2021, 09:17:22 PM
I am still waiting for someone to say God rest their good souls, but I reckon you guys go to a different church to me.
You just did.
31 lives lost is a tragedy. A French tragedy this time. It could have been a mile off Hastings beach, but we have the RNLI, drones and patrols.
† The end is nigh †

Borchester

Quote from: T00ts on November 24, 2021, 09:22:04 PM
Already done but privately.

Algerie Francais !

T00ts

Quote from: Borchester on November 24, 2021, 09:17:22 PM
I am still waiting for someone to say God rest their good souls, but I reckon you guys go to a different church to me.
Already done but privately.

Borchester

Quote from: T00ts on November 24, 2021, 06:33:57 PM
So far about 25 bodies found and some survivors have been recovered but darkness is hampering the search. Will this persuade these guys not to chance it?

Algerie Francais !

Streetwalker

It was only a matter of time and Im surprised it has taken this long before one of the ribs didnt make it across . 

Will it stop others ? I doubt it very much ,thats up to our government 

T00ts

papasmurf

Nemini parco qui vivit in orbe

T00ts

Quote from: Sheepy on November 24, 2021, 07:18:05 PM
Take it from me, if you are waiting for me to be making excuses for the government when they have been told at least a hundred times to sort it out, you won't be getting any. The French were on the beach waving them off this morning, a bit late for all the bullshit now.
Blues and twos flashing but I guess only a couple country cops inside. How they would be expected to stop 40-50 determined to get on the water I really don't know.

Sheepy

Quote from: cromwell on November 24, 2021, 07:12:16 PM
Well when anyone dies it's sad,but even the liberal Danes have decided that Syria is safe now and erstwhile refugees mus return there.

The west needs to put in helpin situ wherever possible.
Take it from me, if you are waiting for me to be making excuses for the government when they have been told at least a hundred times to sort it out, you won't be getting any. The French were on the beach waving them off this morning, a bit late for all the bullshit now. 
Just because I don't say anything, it doesn't mean I haven't noticed!