EU staff shortages.

Started by Nick, November 26, 2021, 12:13:24 PM

« previous - next »

Streetwalker

Quote from: Nick on November 26, 2021, 08:12:26 PM
Wages are the same if not higher than last year so why now the shortage if due to wages?
Maybe the tips are shite ;)

papasmurf

Quote from: Nick on November 26, 2021, 08:12:26 PM
Wages are the same if not higher than last year so why now the shortage if due to wages?
The very low unemployment rate on Gozo.
Nemini parco qui vivit in orbe

Nick

Quote from: papasmurf on November 26, 2021, 12:29:16 PM
Probably due to low wages. Tmum Mgarr seems too expensive for me.
I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you.

johnofgwent

Quote from: Nick on November 26, 2021, 12:13:24 PM
We are sitting in a restaurant on Gozo

Gozo ! Bloody hell that takes me back, we went there on a day trip from Malta in what had to be 1988 at the latest, lovely place then. Hot as hell in the heatwave mind. enjoy.
<t>In matters of taxation, Lord Clyde\'s summing up in the 1929 case Inland Revenue v Ayrshire Pullman Services is worth a glance.</t>

Nick

Quote from: Barry on November 26, 2021, 02:15:33 PM
How was the ferry crossing?
In October 1994 we were on Gozo during a record stormy and rainfall period and as we went back to Malta lightning was striking the sea around us. Lightning also struck the Toyota Hi-Ace van whilst we were in it parked up sheltering the storm as the roads were badly flash flooded. We had the in laws on board. I think God was aiming for the mother-in-law. ;)

Anyway, Malta is probably one small country where it works for them to be in the EU.
Pity it has had no effect on the corruption there. They seem to have the mafia in charge.
It was ok but yesterday the rain was off the scale, roads turned to rivers.

papasmurf

There is also very little unemployment on Gozo.

Barry

How was the ferry crossing?
In October 1994 we were on Gozo during a record stormy and rainfall period and as we went back to Malta lightning was striking the sea around us. Lightning also struck the Toyota Hi-Ace van whilst we were in it parked up sheltering the storm as the roads were badly flash flooded. We had the in laws on board. I think God was aiming for the mother-in-law. ;)

Anyway, Malta is probably one small country where it works for them to be in the EU.
Pity it has had no effect on the corruption there. They seem to have the mafia in charge.
† The end is nigh †

papasmurf

Quote from: Nick on November 26, 2021, 12:13:24 PM
The remainians are going to argue it of course but the fact remains the EU is struggling.
We are sitting in a restaurant on Gozo (Tmum Mgarr if anyone wants to fact check) and I asked the owner about staffing and he said "I wouldn't be here if I could get staff. Further down the rd it's the same story so how are you lot going to pin this on Brexit?

Probably due to low wages. Tmum Mgarr seems too expensive for me. 

Nick

The remainians are going to argue it of course but the fact remains the EU is struggling. 
We are sitting in a restaurant on Gozo (Tmum Mgarr if anyone wants to fact check) and I asked the owner about staffing and he said "I wouldn't be here if I could get staff. Further down the rd it's the same story so how are you lot going to pin this on Brexit?