Moronic Variant (also known as Omicron) - First Found In Fully Vaccinated

Started by Scott777, November 27, 2021, 08:37:03 AM

« previous - next »

Barry

Quote from: Scott777 on December 14, 2021, 02:21:01 PM
1st 'Omicron death' reported.  Oh, but don't expect them to tell you why they died, whether they had any jabs, how old they were, etc.  No, no, no, we must not know that, cos it's all Omicron's fault.
It was a lie. Northampton General Hospital have confirmed that it was a lie.

https://www.northamptonchron.co.uk/health/coronavirus/response-issued-after-claim-that-first-omicron-death-in-uk-happened-in-northampton-3501629

NGH still have my tonsils somewhere. ;)
† The end is nigh †

Sheepy

I don't know about that, but one thing for sure, a few Psychiatrists are going to be very busy. 
Just because I don't say anything, it doesn't mean I haven't noticed!

Barry

There's evidence which is looking like Omicron has flashed in the pan. Cases already plateauing. Both Delta and Omicron now on the way down.
The usual 11- 12 day lag between infections and hospitalizations seemed to have been extended to 17 days by ISage because there was no peak in hospitalisations after 11 days. Talk about move the goalposts.
Will they now believe the African doctors, about it being little more than a cold?

Good news. This might be the beginning of the end. 
† The end is nigh †

Scott777

Quote from: srb7677 on December 20, 2021, 11:25:59 AM
I have some more grist to the mill for anti-vaxxers and covid emergency denialists.

One of my best friends is a wealthy lady who works high up in the pharmaceuticles industry and knows her stuff. And she has told me that lateral flow tests which most people are relying on for the all clear cannot even detect the omicron variant. Someone who works for the NHS has also told me that in many people this variant can manifest as mild cold symptoms.

The likelihood is that there are many people wandering round thinking they have a mild cold having gotten a negative lft result when in fact they are actually spreading omicron. Fortunately the symptoms appear to be very unworrying for most of us but it will of course take it's toll of the more vulnerable. And for reasons as yet not at all understood some people get much more seriously ill from it compared to the rest of us.

But the fact that lateral flow tests cannot detect omicron which is rapidly becoming the dominant variant, yet most people are relying on a negative result from such tests for the all clear, is surely a biggie as far as facts go?

Why is this not being made more widely known? I smell a rat somewhere. I suspect that a much more transmissable but much milder variant is being seen as a positive, it's spread in some measure welcomed as a way of generating herd immunity. And lft tests are serving no other purpose than to keep people calm but giving them false reassurances.

Now who's starting to sound like a conspiracy theorist?  😎  Well, I'm glad you can smell the rat that has been stinking the place out, since March 2020.  Better late than never.

The LFT doesn't bother me; many of us have known that neither the LFT nor the PCR are fit for purpose.  Putting that aside, what is the agenda?  Maybe you are right, it's about herd immunity.  However, that was the original claim, which they switched to lockdown.  The agenda always was mass vaccination and digital ID.  Maybe they are giving up, or maybe they are waiting a bit longer, then will change the testing, giving a huge 'wave' of 'cases', and back with the ID plan.
Those princes who have done great things have held good faith of little account, and have known how to craftily circumvent the intellect of men.  Niccolò Machiavelli.

papasmurf

Quote from: srb7677 on December 20, 2021, 11:25:59 AM

The likelihood is that there are many people wandering round thinking they have a mild cold 
My wife and I are recovering from a 2nd bout of a nasty head cold, (there is a lot of it about in the village,) we had both got to the please shoot me stage and expecting a knock on the door and there to be 14 monks and two stretchers to take us away.
However both of us had no raised temperature, no raised heart rate, blood pressure normal and lung flow meter readings within normal parameters. Just as a precaution my wife took a lateral flow test, and it turned out to be negative.
I would prefer to see some peer reviewed evidence that Lateral Flow Tests don't pick up  Omicron, I don't believe anecdotal evidence.

I've heard LFTs don't detect the omicron variant, is that right?
This isn't true. Although the omicron variant has more than 30 mutations, the antibodies used in LFTs can still bind to the viral proteins. "Initial laboratory validation... has determined similar sensitivity to detect omicron compared to delta," the UK Health Security Agency said last week. Nevertheless, some people will get false negative results because the test's sensitivity is relatively low.

Read more: https://www.newscientist.com/article/2302118-how-reliable-are-covid-19-lateral-flow-tests-for-detecting-omicron/#ixzz7Faf2Utkb

Nemini parco qui vivit in orbe

srb7677

I have some more grist to the mill for anti-vaxxers and covid emergency denialists.

One of my best friends is a wealthy lady who works high up in the pharmaceuticles industry and knows her stuff. And she has told me that lateral flow tests which most people are relying on for the all clear cannot even detect the omicron variant. Someone who works for the NHS has also told me that in many people this variant can manifest as mild cold symptoms.

The likelihood is that there are many people wandering round thinking they have a mild cold having gotten a negative lft result when in fact they are actually spreading omicron. Fortunately the symptoms appear to be very unworrying for most of us but it will of course take it's toll of the more vulnerable. And for reasons as yet not at all understood some people get much more seriously ill from it compared to the rest of us.

But the fact that lateral flow tests cannot detect omicron which is rapidly becoming the dominant variant, yet most people are relying on a negative result from such tests for the all clear, is surely a biggie as far as facts go?

Why is this not being made more widely known? I smell a rat somewhere. I suspect that a much more transmissable but much milder variant is being seen as a positive, it's spread in some measure welcomed as a way of generating herd immunity. And lft tests are serving no other purpose than to keep people calm but giving them false reassurances.
We are not all in the same boat. We are in the same storm. Some of us have yachts. Some of us have canoes. Some of us are drowning.

Barry

3 weeks to flatten the curve.
15 million jabs to freedom (is it each?)
Get your booster to save Christmas.

Still believe them?

New variant, new variant. Panic, panic, panic.
Deaths still falling.
More than 50% of jabbed have already had 3. Where does this end?

Happy Christmas :-* Do lots of hugging and kissing. You know in your heart it makes not a scrap of difference. Liars are in charge.
† The end is nigh †

Sheepy

Right so you will ignore us if we do a Christmas lockdown, how about Barry's January one?
Covid lockdown: Government 'drawing up plans for 2-week lockdown after Christmas' (msn.com)
We will have everyone back on full hysterical mode by then. 

Barry

And on a lighter note,
According to Chris witless, everyone will have had it by Christmas.

† The end is nigh †

Barry

Quote from: Sheepy on December 15, 2021, 05:28:22 PM
It has gone in three days from a few cases now it is a worst pandemic even worse than original covid. Absolute madness.
So, when does a variant become so weak it is not SARS or Covid-19 any more? Answers on a postcard to Susan Michie, the zero covid commie.
† The end is nigh †

Sheepy

Quote from: Barry on December 15, 2021, 01:40:19 PM
Another episode of the Johnson and Whitty show scheduled for 5pm today.
My heart sinks. :'(

It has gone in three days from a few cases now it is a worst pandemic even worse than original covid. Absolute madness.

Barry

Another episode of the Johnson and Whitty show scheduled for 5pm today.
My heart sinks. :'(
† The end is nigh †

Scott777

Quote from: Barry on December 14, 2021, 11:12:38 PM
Here's more info on the very convenient Omicron death, Scott.

https://dailysceptic.org/2021/12/14/first-omicron-death-shrouded-in-mystery-due-to-government-secrecy-experts-claim/

Sorry there's not much more, patient confidentiality, nudge nudge, wink wink.

It's astonishing.  They want to hide his vaccination status, but we should all carry a pass to show our vaccination status, and if we have a medical exemption from masks, we should have a badge on display.  🤢
Those princes who have done great things have held good faith of little account, and have known how to craftily circumvent the intellect of men.  Niccolò Machiavelli.

Barry

Quote from: Scott777 on December 14, 2021, 02:21:01 PM
1st 'Omicron death' reported.  Oh, but don't expect them to tell you why they died, whether they had any jabs, how old they were, etc.  No, no, no, we must not know that, cos it's all Omicron's fault.
Here's more info on the very convenient Omicron death, Scott.

https://dailysceptic.org/2021/12/14/first-omicron-death-shrouded-in-mystery-due-to-government-secrecy-experts-claim/

Sorry there's not much more, patient confidentiality, nudge nudge, wink wink.
† The end is nigh †