Moronic Variant (also known as Omicron) - First Found In Fully Vaccinated

Started by Scott777, November 27, 2021, 08:37:03 AM

« previous - next »

Thomas

Quote from: papasmurf on November 27, 2021, 03:56:46 PM
To the live interview this morning no I don't have a link.
have to dismiss it then  as another of your "claims".
An Fhirinn an aghaidh an t-Saoghail!

papasmurf

Nemini parco qui vivit in orbe

Thomas

Quote from: papasmurf on November 27, 2021, 03:51:19 PM
No one has claimed it, only suggested it as a possibility by an African scientist doing the testing.
link?

papasmurf

Quote from: Scott777 on November 27, 2021, 02:21:20 PM
If it's not a media claim, then who claimed it?  Where did you read it?
No one has claimed it, only suggested it as a possibility by an African scientist doing the testing.

Thomas

Quote from: Scott777 on November 27, 2021, 02:29:45 PM
2 cases now confirmed by Bozo.  (And it's not cases of wine).
All getting a bit boring now int it ?

Humanity exists purely to serve the nhs , and we must all go straight into lockdown yet again.:P

Scott777

Those princes who have done great things have held good faith of little account, and have known how to craftily circumvent the intellect of men.  Niccolò Machiavelli.

Scott777

Quote from: papasmurf on November 27, 2021, 02:14:01 PM
It isn't a media claim. It is only being suggested as a possibility, further research necessary.

If it's not a media claim, then who claimed it?  Where did you read it?
Those princes who have done great things have held good faith of little account, and have known how to craftily circumvent the intellect of men.  Niccolò Machiavelli.

Scott777

Quote from: Barry on November 27, 2021, 12:30:07 PM
Actually, yes. Plus, the WHO said it is not prudent to vaccinate during a pandemic, because it encourages variants which bypass the vaccination.
Is that still on their website or was it removed when they changed the definition of herd immunity?
"The combination of high prevalence and high levels of vaccination creates the conditions in which an immune escape variant is most likely to emerge."
https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/sage-93-minutes-coronavirus-covid-19-response-7-july-2021/sage-93-minutes-coronavirus-covid-19-response-7-july-2021

T00ts

Quote from: Scott777 on November 27, 2021, 02:08:20 PM
If you read the statement from the Botswana guv, that media claim is false.
Apologies - I couldn't read it and then realised how to enlarge it. They do seem to say it is unfounded. It makes you wonder how the idea originated.

papasmurf

Quote from: Scott777 on November 27, 2021, 02:08:20 PM
It isn't a media claim. It is only being suggested as a possibility, further research necessary.

Scott777

Quote from: T00ts on November 27, 2021, 01:40:38 PM
but it has been suggested that this new variant has come from a person with HIV.

papasmurf

Quote from: T00ts on November 27, 2021, 01:40:38 PMit has been suggested that this new variant has come from a person with HIV. 
That had crossed my mind as a possibility.

T00ts

Actually, yes. Plus, the WHO said it is not prudent to vaccinate during a pandemic, because it encourages variants which bypass the vaccination.
Is that still on their website or was it removed when they changed the definition of herd immunity?
This just doesn't seem logical. Variants as far as I can find, develop at random, but it has been suggested that this new variant has come from a person with HIV. If the WHO have in fact said this it surely goes against everything that we have heard up to now.

Sheepy

Good point Barry, we wouldn't want it buried behind a lot of waffle.
Just because I don't say anything, it doesn't mean I haven't noticed!