Moronic Variant (also known as Omicron) - First Found In Fully Vaccinated

Started by Scott777, November 27, 2021, 08:37:03 AM

« previous - next »

T00ts

Barry

† The end is nigh †

srb7677

One day - it could be next year or not for a century or even a millenium - but one day something will get loose with the transmissability of a common cold and the lethality of the medieval plague.

Were that to happen anytime soon, no health system in the world could even begin to cope. No mortuaries could cope, the crematoria and the gravesites could not cope. There would be people in your own street and neighbourhood dying left right and centre, the dead being picked up everyday. Many would die unnoticed alone at home, maybe not to be found for god knows how long. There would be mass funeral pyres and mass graves. Some of us on this forum would die. Other life threatening things like cancer would go untreated.. All of us, if we survived, would lose friends and relatives and workmates and neighbours. No lockdown could ever mitigate that.

There would be mass depopulation through mass death. Billions could die, perhaps 20 million in the UK alone. The psychological impact upon the survivors would be devastating. And all sorts of extremist political or religious nostrums could run willd. Economically property prices would collapse as we found ourselves with too many houses, labour shortages would be endemic.

Such a killer virus would see little distinction between colour or creed, gender or nationality, rich or poor. The prince in his palace, the billionaire in his mansion, the prime minister in Downing St would all be as vulnerable as the road sweeper or checkout worker or even the unemployed scrote selling weed. It wouldn't care if we'd spent a lifetime doing good works or spent it shafting people.

That is the worst case scenario that will one day happen. I just hope it does not happen in my lifetime. Imagine the fear and panic as people start dropping like flies. Imagine the images on the news. Humanity has faced this level of devastation before at the time of the black death. And this triggered a furore of religious extremism and fundamentalism as people sought answers and saviours. People believed it was the result of God's anger. They started burning people alive for the slightest digression from orthodoxy, in order to protect themselves as they saw it from the wrath of God. Anyone who for the smallest of reasons was seen as just a little bit dodgy was likely to become a victim as a wave of paranoia took hold. The witch burnings began and continued for centuries, as a paranoid religious mindset was borne out of fear.

Of course, were similar to happen today we'd have a much better understanding of what was happening and why, yet would we react any differently? The sort of shite so realidily believed on the internet suggests not. Fear would probably drive many of us into harbouring more extremist and entrenched versions of what we already believe, be that religious, political, or ideological. Fear would be accompanied by anger and a search for scapegoats. It could all get ugly pretty damned quick.

Let us hope that this nightmare scenario doesnt happen until long after anyone currently alive is gone. But it could start happening tomorrow. We just don't know and will never know until or unless we start to notice it happening.
We are not all in the same boat. We are in the same storm. Some of us have yachts. Some of us have canoes. Some of us are drowning.

Sheepy

Quote from: Sheepy on December 06, 2021, 10:12:30 PM
Billionaire club in bid to curb overpopulation | The Sunday Times (thetimes.co.uk)
Well, you know me, crazy conspiracy theorist. Oh, but wait.

Anyway, on the Brightside they are not obsessed with depopulation but merely philanthropists doing what is right. 
Just because I don't say anything, it doesn't mean I haven't noticed!

cromwell

Quote from: Barry on December 06, 2021, 10:40:37 PM
Omicron could be a cross between Delta and a common cold.

As per my Lem-Sip meme, get plenty of stocks in.

https://www.reuters.com/business/healthcare-pharmaceuticals/omicron-variant-may-have-picked-up-piece-common-cold-virus-2021-12-03/
Well if it just might turn in to nothing worse than a stinking cold in time that's great,nobody really dies of a bad cold now do they.
Energy....secure and affordable,not that hard is it?

Barry

† The end is nigh †

Sheepy

Barry

† The end is nigh †

Sheepy

Quote from: Barry on December 02, 2021, 10:23:03 AM
Particularly as not one person has been hospitalised with this mild variant, let alone died.
Now, where did I read that Omicron could be a Christmas present, as everyone can get it and become immune, with just a runny nose.
Mmmm well that sounds a lot more public spirited then lying to yourself and everyone else at the same time.

Barry

Quote from: Sheepy on December 02, 2021, 09:04:55 AM
Drug that could tackle Omicron variant approved by UK regulators (msn.com)
They must have done extensive testing then eh?
There seems a lot more people finally questioning your sanity, all over the place, as you only dreamed it up a few days ago how would you know it could stop 79% of hospitalisations and deaths of those at risk? that is correct you couldn't.
Particularly as not one person has been hospitalised with this mild variant, let alone died.
Now, where did I read that Omicron could be a Christmas present, as everyone can get it and become immune, with just a runny nose.
† The end is nigh †

Sheepy

Quote from: Barry on December 01, 2021, 12:54:36 PM
https://ground.news/article/sigh-of-relief-in-south-africa-as-omicron-variant-appears-to-be-super-mild-mutation-with-covid-death-rate-not-jumping

"The chicken korma of variants". ;D

Everyone should get it and up the herd immunity. Job done.
Drug that could tackle Omicron variant approved by UK regulators (msn.com)
They must have done extensive testing then eh?
There seems a lot more people finally questioning your sanity, all over the place, as you only dreamed it up a few days ago how would you know it could stop 79% of hospitalisations and deaths of those at risk? that is correct you couldn't.

Barry

† The end is nigh †

papasmurf

Quote from: Sheepy on December 01, 2021, 11:05:09 AM
All you have managed is a trolls paradise Smurphy by pure waffle, it still didn't stop us getting the real science out.
You don't know what real science is.
Nemini parco qui vivit in orbe

Sheepy

Quote from: papasmurf on December 01, 2021, 11:00:32 AM
Sheepy it is you who cannot read and don't have any critical abilities.
All you have managed is a trolls paradise Smurphy by pure waffle, it still didn't stop us getting the real science out.