Moronic Variant (also known as Omicron) - First Found In Fully Vaccinated

Started by Scott777, November 27, 2021, 08:37:03 AM

« previous - next »

Thomas

1.  Surgical mask / cloth face mask studies
Community and Close Contact Exposures Associated with COVID-19 Among Symptomatic Adults ≥18 Years in 11 Outpatient Health Care Facilities — United States, July 2020
The US Centre for Disease Control performed a study which showed that 85 percent of those who contracted Covid-19 during July 2020 were mask wearers. Just 3.9 percent of the study participants never wore a mask.
Original: https://www.cdc.gov/mmwr/volumes/69/wr/pdfs/mm6936a5-H.pdf
Erratum. correction: https://www.cdc.gov/mmwr/volumes/69/wr/mm6938a7.htm?s_cid=mm6938a7_w https://www.theblaze.com/op-ed/horowitz-cdc-study-covid-masks

An Fhirinn an aghaidh an t-Saoghail!

Thomas

Quote from: papasmurf on December 12, 2021, 09:48:38 AM
Thomas you really should do some research before referencing that website.

LifeSiteNews is a Canadian Catholic far-right anti-abortion advocacy website and news publication. LifeSiteNews has published misleading information and conspiracy theories, and in 2021, was banned from some social media platforms for spreading COVID-19 misinformation.
as barry said up the thread and on others , all you ever do is demand links and then shoot the messenger.

The effectiveness of masks have repeatedly been called into question by many over the last two years , even governments were doing it in the early stages so what are you talking about?

Scotland has been stricter on maks than england for the last two years , yet it hasnt stopped the spread of covid  , and cases of omicron are rising rapidly in many countries where mask wearing has been compulsory for far longer and much stricter than in your nation.

papasmurf

Quote from: Thomas on December 12, 2021, 09:46:19 AM

https://www.lifesitenews.com/news/47-studies-confirm-inefectiveness-of-masks-for-covid-and-32-more-confirm-their-negative-health-effects/
Thomas you really should do some research before referencing that website.

LifeSiteNews is a Canadian Catholic far-right anti-abortion advocacy website and news publication. LifeSiteNews has published misleading information and conspiracy theories, and in 2021, was banned from some social media platforms for spreading COVID-19 misinformation.
Nemini parco qui vivit in orbe

Thomas

47 studies confirm ineffectiveness of masks for COVID and 32 more confirm their negative health effects

Young children being forced to wear masks is of particular concern.

There has been an international flood of lies about mask wearing in order to justify the bizarre and disturbing situation we have today of almost everyone wearing masks in many regions, inside and outside healthcare facilities, in schools with children of all ages, during sports events, in churches, in grocery stores and all commercial facilities, while driving and walking, and long after peak infection has passed.

It has also continued long after it was discovered that Covid was not nearly as dangerous as we were led to believe, that many of the mitigation policies caused serious damage of all kinds, including many deaths, and long after prevention and treatment protocols were discovered and used with great success, and the very best ones often criminally suppressed by government and health authorities.

https://www.lifesitenews.com/news/47-studies-confirm-inefectiveness-of-masks-for-covid-and-32-more-confirm-their-negative-health-effects/

Thomas

Belgian court rules enforcing Covid vaccine pass is illegal

A court has ruled a Covid pass in a region of Belgium is unlawful and has fined the district more than £4,000 per day until it stops enforcing it. 

In the judgement, the Covid Safe Ticket (CST) in Wallonia was called disproportionate and the court suggested it could breach European law, the Brussels Times reported
Since November, the CST has been mandatory in the Walloon Region and the whole of Belgium.
People who want to eat in a restaurant or go to the theatre must present a Covid pass, showing vaccination, a negative test, or recent recovery.

https://metro.co.uk/2021/12/03/belgian-court-rules-enforcing-covid-vaccine-pass-is-illegal-15709046/

Thomas

Quote from: srb7677 on December 12, 2021, 08:45:28 AM
Indeed. The evidence coming in from omicron so far seems to be suggesting three things.

Firstly that it is far more transmissable than the earlier variants.

Secondly, that the vaccines appear to be less effective against it, though the different percentages being given related to that and to the supposed efficacy of booster jabs are confusing and clearly suggest that they do not yet know the full facts here yet.

But thirdly - and this appears to be the saving grace which makes the previous two points much less of a worry - is that the evidence thus far seems to be suggesting that omicron is a substantially milder version of the virus in terms of illness, with far fewer hospitalisations and deaths.

Im other words, it could well be something we are all going to get at some point, and when we do we might feel a bit shit for a few days but we'll get over it. A bit like a cold really.

However, it is early days and we do need several more weeks of data both from here and around the world for all this to be confirmed, so it is right to be cautious in the meantime. People working from home when they can for a while and wearing masks in indoor locations are sensible precautions. I don't think on the evidence thus far that fuller lockdowns will be necessary. And to be honest, now that the extent to which those making the rules have been showing blatant contempt for them has been revealed, most of us would make our own decisions now and ignore instructions from the government anyway.

I for example am going to my mums on Christmas day and I don't give a flying feck what the government has to say about it.
Fair post steve , and good for you going to your mums.

papasmurf

Quote from: srb7677 on December 12, 2021, 08:45:28 AM

I for example am going to my mums on Christmas day and I don't give a flying feck what the government has to say about it.
My wife and I will be doing what we have done for the last 37 years, a picnic on the beach or out on the cliff top by the lifeboat station, depending on weather and tide. Or a quiet Christmas dinner at home. 

srb7677

Quote from: Barry on December 11, 2021, 10:08:09 PMThe latest variant technical briefing suggests that Omicron continues to grow rapidly in all regions of England as measured by confirmed cases and S gene target failure (SGTF). None of the cases to date is known to have been hospitalised or died.
Indeed. The evidence coming in from omicron so far seems to be suggesting three things.

Firstly that it is far more transmissable than the earlier variants.

Secondly, that the vaccines appear to be less effective against it, though the different percentages being given related to that and to the supposed efficacy of booster jabs are confusing and clearly suggest that they do not yet know the full facts here yet.

But thirdly - and this appears to be the saving grace which makes the previous two points much less of a worry - is that the evidence thus far seems to be suggesting that omicron is a substantially milder version of the virus in terms of illness, with far fewer hospitalisations and deaths.

Im other words, it could well be something we are all going to get at some point, and when we do we might feel a bit shit for a few days but we'll get over it. A bit like a cold really.

However, it is early days and we do need several more weeks of data both from here and around the world for all this to be confirmed, so it is right to be cautious in the meantime. People working from home when they can for a while and wearing masks in indoor locations are sensible precautions. I don't think on the evidence thus far that fuller lockdowns will be necessary. And to be honest, now that the extent to which those making the rules have been showing blatant contempt for them has been revealed, most of us would make our own decisions now and ignore instructions from the government anyway.

We are not all in the same boat. We are in the same storm. Some of us have yachts. Some of us have canoes. Some of us are drowning.

papasmurf

Quote from: Barry on December 11, 2021, 10:09:31 PM
Your falsehoods on this forum are getting quite tiresome. Especially as you keep accusing others of posting dangerous lies.
There is insufficient data (yet) on Omicron for ANYONE to make an informed comment backed up with actuarial data.
That will take several weeks.
Some people (anti-vaxxers,) persistently post dangerous lies.

Borchester

Quote from: Barry on December 11, 2021, 10:09:31 PM
Your falsehoods on this forum are getting quite tiresome. Especially as you keep accusing others of posting dangerous lies.

To be fair, no one takes much notice of Pappy, so his posts are never dangerous
Algerie Francais !

Barry

Quote from: papasmurf on December 11, 2021, 03:51:42 PM
It isn't known, no data yet and there won't be for several weeks.
† The end is nigh †

Barry

Quote from: papasmurf on December 11, 2021, 03:01:06 PM
That is not known.
Yes it is.
If you believe the government here:

https://www.gov.uk/government/news/covid-19-variants-identified-in-the-uk

and I quote:

The latest variant technical briefing suggests that Omicron continues to grow rapidly in all regions of England as measured by confirmed cases and S gene target failure (SGTF). [highlight]None of the cases to date is known to have been hospitalised or died.[/highlight]
† The end is nigh †

Scott777

Quote from: Barry on December 11, 2021, 02:49:32 PM
Omicron sends about 0% of cases to hospital and kills 0%.

But Barry, it's somewhere between 0% and 0%, so it could be closer to 0% or nearly 0%, which is scary, and we all need to do EVERYTHING POSSIBLE to be safe.  🤣
Those princes who have done great things have held good faith of little account, and have known how to craftily circumvent the intellect of men.  Niccolò Machiavelli.

Thomas

Quote from: papasmurf on December 11, 2021, 03:51:42 PM
It isn't known, no data yet and there won't be for several weeks.
There is clear data out there just now from south africa and other sources. No one has died , and very few if any hospitalised.

There was an outbreak of the current variant in paisley where i have family , one of the local schools was closed down in mass panic , many members of my family , all double and some triple jabbed had it , and the worst symptom anyone had was my cousin who had a runny nose.

The vast majority had little to no symptoms , certainly nothing worse than what a common cold would give.

You cant keep demanding the world pauses and hides under beds while scientists spend eternity analysing data endlessley. Its not going away pappy ,the jag isnt stopping it and you need to deal with it quick.

The government cant give you immortality pills you know.

papasmurf