Moronic Variant (also known as Omicron) - First Found In Fully Vaccinated

Started by Scott777, November 27, 2021, 08:37:03 AM

« previous - next »

srb7677

Quote from: Barry on February 10, 2022, 10:50:08 AM
I've done my best to catch this Omicron cold, but have been unsuccessful. I reckon I must be immune.
I've been kissed, sneezed on and licked (ew!) and still as healthy as a man in his late 60s can be. How the heck do you catch it?
I think I had it before Christmas but mistook if for a cold at the time after a negative PCR test which I have since come to believe was a false negative. Try taking a job in retail, hospitality, or in a school, Barry, and you'll catch everything going around, lol
We are not all in the same boat. We are in the same storm. Some of us have yachts. Some of us have canoes. Some of us are drowning.

Scott777

Quote from: Barry on February 10, 2022, 10:50:08 AM
I've done my best to catch this Omicron cold, but have been unsuccessful. I reckon I must be immune.
I've been kissed, sneezed on and licked (ew!) and still as healthy as a man in his late 60s can be. How the heck do you catch it?

Are you sure you didn't have a sniffle?  A runny nose?  A headache?  😉 
Those princes who have done great things have held good faith of little account, and have known how to craftily circumvent the intellect of men.  Niccolò Machiavelli.

Barry

I've been kissed, sneezed on and licked (ew!) and still as healthy as a man in his late 60s can be. How the heck do you catch it?
† The end is nigh †

Thomas

An Fhirinn an aghaidh an t-Saoghail!

Sheepy

Quote from: Scott777 on January 14, 2022, 08:58:46 AM
"DOUBLE-JABBED Scots are now more likely to be admitted to hospital with Covid than the unvaccinated amid an increase in elderly people falling ill due to waning immunity."

Ooops, some 'weird' data, apparently, because the media cannot EVER believe it's the jab that causes illness, oh no, never.  Now they are saying if you are fully jabbed up to the hilt, your immunity is, errrr, waning, ahem.

https://www.heraldscotland.com/news/19843315.covid-scotland-case-rates-lowest-unvaccinated-double-jabbed-elderly-drive-rise-hospital-admissions/
As the real science said then, a ticking time bomb. Be lucky.
Just because I don't say anything, it doesn't mean I haven't noticed!

Barry

Quote from: Thomas on January 22, 2022, 02:29:50 PM
is that true what i have been reading on twitter , that someone did a freedom of information request and found only 17000 people have actually died in the uk from covid with no other underlying issues , and of those ,  4000 were under the age of 65?

People like dr Karl sikora have said the lockdowns and other covid measures have caused 50 000 people to go undiagnosed with cancer and subsequently died?
The ONS was asked to provide the numbers of deaths in the UK purely from Covid with no other underlying causes.

9,400 in 2020.
In 2021, just 7,971 deaths until the end of the third quarter.
Yes it is true. The other 100 odd thousand were already waiting for God.

What now needs to be investigated is excess deaths of young people currently being experienced.
Has anyone actually died OF Omicron yet? The ventilator figures have been falling to a long time low (now 664 compared to 857 on 1st Jan).

I'd love to get inside just one big hospital and be given access to patient notes and do some proper investigation. Like I said - it will all come out in the (white)wash. Bring on the public enquiry.
† The end is nigh †

Thomas

Quote from: Scott777 on January 22, 2022, 10:46:43 AM
Well, do we all accept the Moronic is not a big deal, yet?  Or do we still have to wait?  How long?

Another week?
Another month?
Another year?
Eternity?
is that true what i have been reading on twitter , that someone did a freedom of information request and found only 17000 people have actually died in the uk from covid with no other underlying issues , and of those ,  4000 were under the age of 65?

People like dr Karl sikora have said the lockdowns and other covid measures have caused 50 000 people to go undiagnosed with cancer and subsequently died?
An Fhirinn an aghaidh an t-Saoghail!

Scott777

Well, do we all accept the Moronic is not a big deal, yet?  Or do we still have to wait?  How long?

Another week?
Another month?
Another year?
Eternity?
Those princes who have done great things have held good faith of little account, and have known how to craftily circumvent the intellect of men.  Niccolò Machiavelli.

Barry

Quote from: Scott777 on January 14, 2022, 08:58:46 AM
"DOUBLE-JABBED Scots are now more likely to be admitted to hospital with Covid than the unvaccinated amid an increase in elderly people falling ill due to waning immunity."

Ooops, some 'weird' data, apparently, because the media cannot EVER believe it's the jab that causes illness, oh no, never.  Now they are saying if you are fully jabbed up to the hilt, your immunity is, errrr, waning, ahem.

https://www.heraldscotland.com/news/19843315.covid-scotland-case-rates-lowest-unvaccinated-double-jabbed-elderly-drive-rise-hospital-admissions/
One explanation is that vaccines are suppressing the immune system and people are therefore more likely to catch any virus.
† The end is nigh †

Scott777

Barry

Now here is an exercise in common sense.
Let's just posit for a moment that Omicron does not kill anyone. Or maybe 10 in a million.
Right, now in the last 2 weeks 2 million people tested positive for Omicron.
Will the hospital deaths go up? Yes, because so many will have died within 28 days of a +ve test.

So what if the test was to pick a random card from 52?
All those picking the Queen of hearts will have a positive marker placed on them. About 1% of the population die every year, so 10,000 a week - so 10000/52 (192) would die each week after picking the Queen of hearts.

If you look at today's figures and consider them carefully, especially the fall in people in ventilation beds, it becomes obvious what is happening. Follow https://twitter.com/statsjamie on Twitter and you might figure out even more for yourself.

https://coronavirus.data.gov.uk/
† The end is nigh †

Scott777

Quote from: srb7677 on January 11, 2022, 11:57:13 PM
I suspect Omicron is far more widespread than official figures suggest because it is being mistaken for a common cold, and I suspect even PCR tests are giving a lot of false negative results. I had what I assumed to be a cold before Christmas. I had a PCR test done which came up negative. Nevertheless, this supposed cold differed from others in the past. Firstly in terms of fatigue it totally wiped me out more than a cold normally does. I seriously struggled in work and had to take a day off sick in the end. And secondly, although I developed a cough it was gone in two days. With every other cold I have ever had the cough has always lingered for a couple of weeks. So I suspect I actually had covid.

I have a friend who works at a high level in the pharmaceutical industry. She has told me that lateral flow tests are very ineffective in spotting the omicron variant with a great many false negatives. Since such tests are the first port of call for most people, and they only go on to take a PCR test after a positive result, all those many who are getting false negatives from lateral flow tests are assuming they just have a cold. And are blissfully unaware that they are actually spreading covid to everyone around them.

Thus I think omicron is far more widespread now than official figures suggest and is in fact already endemic. But this also means that - at least for the fully vaccinated - it is no more serious than a common cold for most people so perhaps something we should not be worrying about too much. If what I had was covid, it was certainly nowhere near as bad as the actual flu, as opposed to colds. I have not had the flu since I was 25, but even as a fit young man at the time, I was virtually bedridden for two days with it.

As has been said for a long time, PCR is bollox.  If CT is too high, it comes up positive.  If it's too low, it comes up negative.  There is probably no level at which it actually tells you anything of value, just as Kary Mullis said.  I reckon you had the lurgy, just as I did, and loads of people did.

srb7677

Quote from: Barry on January 11, 2022, 09:21:33 PMOmicron appears to have rapidly risen to a peak and is now starting to reduce. Good.
I suspect Omicron is far more widespread than official figures suggest because it is being mistaken for a common cold, and I suspect even PCR tests are giving a lot of false negative results. I had what I assumed to be a cold before Christmas. I had a PCR test done which came up negative. Nevertheless, this supposed cold differed from others in the past. Firstly in terms of fatigue it totally wiped me out more than a cold normally does. I seriously struggled in work and had to take a day off sick in the end. And secondly, although I developed a cough it was gone in two days. With every other cold I have ever had the cough has always lingered for a couple of weeks. So I suspect I actually had covid.

I have a friend who works at a high level in the pharmaceutical industry. She has told me that lateral flow tests are very ineffective in spotting the omicron variant with a great many false negatives. Since such tests are the first port of call for most people, and they only go on to take a PCR test after a positive result, all those many who are getting false negatives from lateral flow tests are assuming they just have a cold. And are blissfully unaware that they are actually spreading covid to everyone around them.

Thus I think omicron is far more widespread now than official figures suggest and is in fact already endemic. But this also means that - at least for the fully vaccinated - it is no more serious than a common cold for most people so perhaps something we should not be worrying about too much. If what I had was covid, it was certainly nowhere near as bad as the actual flu, as opposed to colds. I have not had the flu since I was 25, but even as a fit young man at the time, I was virtually bedridden for two days with it.
We are not all in the same boat. We are in the same storm. Some of us have yachts. Some of us have canoes. Some of us are drowning.

Barry

Omicron appears to have rapidly risen to a peak and is now starting to reduce. Good.
† The end is nigh †

Sheepy

Quote from: Borchester on January 02, 2022, 03:38:20 PM
Same with Mrs B. The trouble is that none of the current bugs seem to match her new frock. Her ideal is for Covid 19 to come in the same size, but bigger. That way she can finish off the Christmas goodies without worrying about it ending up on her bum.

You are still luckier than many Borchester so smile and say yes dear, because you are not locked up in your own asylum like so many.
Just because I don't say anything, it doesn't mean I haven't noticed!