Tory councillor to pay 'substantial' damages to Jeremy Corbyn

Started by papasmurf, November 27, 2021, 09:11:25 AM

« previous - next »

srb7677

Quote from: T00ts on November 27, 2021, 09:20:07 AM
Yes and so he should. I just wonder which charity Corbyn has decided to send whatever the payment is.
I have never met the man but know people who have.

By all accounts he is utterly dedicated to the people of his own constituency and has long been a good consituency MP  on their behalf.

I suspect he will probably give the money to some local charity that does good work for the people of his constituency..

But whomever he gives it too, it will probably become public knowledge in the fullness of time.
We are not all in the same boat. We are in the same storm. Some of us have yachts. Some of us have canoes. Some of us are drowning.

Thomas

Quote from: Borchester on November 27, 2021, 02:54:21 PM

Dunno, but if there is an East Riding charity dedicated to giving arseholes a good kicking then that might not be a bad idea.
:D
An Fhirinn an aghaidh an t-Saoghail!

Borchester

Yes and so he should. I just wonder which charity Corbyn has decided to send whatever the payment is.
Dunno

Dunno, but if there is an East Riding charity dedicated to giving arseholes a good kicking then that might not be a bad idea.
Algerie Francais !

papasmurf

Personally when I receive out of court settlement damages I donate them to Shelter Box.
Nemini parco qui vivit in orbe

T00ts

papasmurf

I am only posting this because no-one else has:-

https://news.sky.com/story/tory-councillor-to-pay-substantial-damages-to-jeremy-corbyn-over-doctored-photo-of-ex-labour-leader-at-scene-of-liverpool-terror-attack-12476493

Tuesday 23 November 2021 17:22, UK

A Conservative councillor will pay "substantial" damages and legal costs to Jeremy Corbyn for tweeting a doctored photograph of the former Labour leader at the scene of the Liverpool terrorist attack.

Paul Nickerson, a councillor on East Riding of Yorkshire Council, apologised and has taken "full responsibility" for the tweet, which showed Mr Corbyn laying a poppy wreath at the burning taxi outside Liverpool Women's Hospital.

Mr Corbyn said his lawyer brought legal proceedings for libel against Mr Nickerson and they have now come to an agreement but the amount the councillor has agreed to pay has not been revealed.

In his official apology, Mr Nickerson said the fake photo gave "the completely untrue impression that Jeremy Corbyn supports terrorist violence including suicide bombings".

Advertisement

"Without any hesitation, I wholly accept he does not," he added in a statement he tweeted out on Tuesday.

Nemini parco qui vivit in orbe