Post election what are you happy about

Started by cromwell, December 18, 2019, 11:53:20 AM

« previous - next »

Baron von Lotsov

At least Grieve didn't vote for some other politically correct bullshit form or marriage, like many of the heroes we are seeing. (Child heroes you understand).
<t>Hong Kingdom: addicted to democrazy opium from Brit</t>

Major Sinic

I am happy with pretty much all the outcomes since the 12th December. In particular the political slaughter of Labour and the Liberal Democrats, and the just desserts for Swinson and Corbyn and the turncoats like Soubry and Grieve.

Now that the combined dirty tricks departments of the opposition have been neutralised I very much hope that Boris and his cabinet don't let down those of us who voted for a real Brexit down and that he keeps his promises to represent the whole nation, both those who gave their votes and those who lent them. He has the opportunity to forge a strong and fair government and provided he does I believe we can look forward to a decade or more of growing prosperity which will benefit both the wealth creators and those who obtain work thanks to the inventors, tradesmen, entrepreneurs and others who create the wealth.

johnofgwent

I have just recently realised a measure not much talked about by the news channels but there in the speech is the dismantling of Cleggs odious fixed term parliament's act which more than anything else is responsible for us not being out of the EU today.

Measures are being brought in to dismantle this, and for that, tonight I'm gonna party like it's 1983

AGAIN
<t>In matters of taxation, Lord Clyde\'s summing up in the 1929 case Inland Revenue v Ayrshire Pullman Services is worth a glance.</t>

Churchill

The electorate thought the opposite if not Corbyn would now be in number 10 he is not, Boris and the Tories are the best of a bad bunch at least most of them are patriots and believe in a strong nation.

Time will tell how well or bad they manage things from now at least the Commons is back up and running after over 3 years being stagnant, the fly in the ointment is now the EU not our own Government, they need to get that out of the way to concentrate on the issues in the UK
<r><COLOR color=\"#4000FF\">>After years of waiting at long last on our way out of the EU <E>]</e></COLOR></r>

Ciaphas

I still believe Brexit and a Conservative government are bad for the country but at least Labour got a much needed kick up the arse and Mr Johnson will 100% own what I believe to be a clusterfuck of a next five years.

No blaming Labour or diassociating himself from his parties track record this time, it's all on him and the Conservatives.

It's a win-win for me. Either the Conservatives F@@@ up so badly they are out of government for a generation or they pull off a miracle and I somehow end up better off.

Churchill

One day the Camel Jockeys will get Bliar swiftly moving on, I am happy that Boris has now a stronger hand than May had when trying to deal with the EU, and has put the ball firmly in their Court if no reasonable amicable deal can be reached with the EU by December 2020 it means you have left us no choice but No Deal.
<r><COLOR color=\"#4000FF\">>After years of waiting at long last on our way out of the EU <E>]</e></COLOR></r>

T00ts

I confess that the hair on the back of my neck stands up each time he appears on TV. Me - the one who is taught to forgive - I am ashamed of myself. That is why I half jestingly pleaded for a law of silence. Having said that, surely the fact that ex PMs have had an exalted in depth knowledge of the country and it's secrets etc , their involvement in politics while no longer sitting as an elected MP should be curtailed. I can see a strong argument for a ban. Mrs May has managed to keep quiet while having every right as a back bencher to make comment but Brown, Blair and Major have had their tongues wagging all over the media just to add to the confusion.

cromwell

Quote from: Nick post_id=10542 time=1576674446 user_id=73
😂

Now he points at Labours failure to back Brexit as the reason for their demise. The man that fought tooth and nail to block it. 😖

An accomplished liar whose bending (the truth) skills would put Uri Gellers act to shame.
Energy....secure and affordable,not that hard is it?

Nick

Quote from: cromwell post_id=10541 time=1576674143 user_id=48
The one that has amassed around £60 million and believes in his own foundation and divinity

😂

Now he points at Labours failure to back Brexit as the reason for their demise. The man that fought tooth and nail to block it. 😖
I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you.

cromwell

Quote from: Nick post_id=10539 time=1576673983 user_id=73
Which part of has been doesn't Tony Blair understand?

The one that has amassed around £60 million and believes in his own foundation and divinity

Nick

Quote from: T00ts post_id=10531 time=1576671816 user_id=54
I wonder if BJ could get a law passed to shut him and all past PMs up in future.

Which part of has been doesn't Tony Blair understand?
I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you.

cromwell

Quote from: T00ts post_id=10531 time=1576671816 user_id=54
I wonder if BJ could get a law passed to shut him and all past PMs up in future.

Sadly not T00ts because we live in land of free speech,however they should all realise that their pontificating only carries as much weight as ours.....probably less as most are proven liars and we are not.

T00ts

Quote from: cromwell post_id=10524 time=1576670000 user_id=48
That we (hopefully) have heard the last of that dreary dirge "Oh Jeremy Corbyn" mind numbing,a bit like this

However though Worzel is consigned to the dustbin of history I have a feeling Aunt Sally is going to replace him,and talking of dustbin of history and it being pantomime season I see Aladdin's nemesis Jafar in the shape of Bliar is pontificating again,he should really realise he's behind us (and not in a helpful sense) and the further the better and shut his mouth and the falsehoods from it.

cromwell

That we (hopefully) have heard the last of that dreary dirge "Oh Jeremy Corbyn" mind numbing,a bit like this

However though Worzel is consigned to the dustbin of history I have a feeling Aunt Sally is going to replace him,and talking of dustbin of history and it being pantomime season I see Aladdin's nemesis Jafar in the shape of Bliar is pontificating again,he should really realise he's behind us (and not in a helpful sense) and the further the better and shut his mouth and the falsehoods from it.