Main Menu

On a personal level

Started by Barry, November 30, 2021, 07:57:58 PM

« previous - next »

Scott777

Quote from: srb7677 on December 01, 2021, 06:57:56 AM
The problem lies in their refusal to be jabbed. Mainly due to idiotic scare mongering from the usual suspects believing all sorts of shite on the internet. And that includes one or two on this forum.

Any care worker has a duty of care towards those they care for. This naturally and by right ought to include minimising the risk of passing on illnesses likely to kill them.

Bottom line is lives matter more than jobs.

It's not rocket science. Just stop listening to fools, conspiracy theorists and charlatans and get the bloody jab!
This, from someone who makes claims and won't back them up.  Try to use your brain, and look at the evidence.  The vaccine DOES NOT minimise the risk of passing on illness.  It's not rocket science.  Just stop listening to fools, propaganda and charlatans, and snap out of your psychosis.
Those princes who have done great things have held good faith of little account, and have known how to craftily circumvent the intellect of men.  Niccolò Machiavelli.

Scott777

Quote from: Nick on December 01, 2021, 12:06:26 AM
And I suspect many of them will lose as care homes will be required to follow guidelines issued from the government.

No, I'm afraid a 'guideline' is not above the law.
Those princes who have done great things have held good faith of little account, and have known how to craftily circumvent the intellect of men.  Niccolò Machiavelli.

papasmurf

Quote from: srb7677 on December 01, 2021, 06:57:56 AM

It's not rocket science. Just stop listening to fools, conspiracy theorists and charlatans and get the bloody jab!
Quite.
Nemini parco qui vivit in orbe

papasmurf

Quote from: Scott777 on November 30, 2021, 08:35:44 PM
Particularly as it is experimental.  You cannot coerce someone to take a medical experiment.  So then it would be unfair dismissal.
It isn't a medical experiment unless you are a tin foil hat wearing Faraday Cage dweller.

[color=var(--yt-spec-text-primary)]
talkRADIO
[/iurl][color=var(--yt-spec-text-secondary)][color=var(--yt-endpoint-color,var(--yt-spec-text-primary))]14 hours ago[/color][/color][/font][/size][/color]

[color=var(--yt-spec-text-primary)]Greece will make Covid vaccines mandatory for people aged 60 and over.
Anybody over the age of 60 that refuses to get a jab will be fined £85 a month.
[/color]

srb7677

Quote from: T00ts on November 30, 2021, 08:37:22 PM
What about Care Home Workers losing their jobs due to refusal to be jabbed?
The problem lies in their refusal to be jabbed. Mainly due to idiotic scare mongering from the usual suspects believing all sorts of shite on the internet. And that includes one or two on this forum.

Any care worker has a duty of care towards those they care for. This naturally and by right ought to include minimising the risk of passing on illnesses likely to kill them.

Bottom line is lives matter more than jobs.

We are not all in the same boat. We are in the same storm. Some of us have yachts. Some of us have canoes. Some of us are drowning.

Nick

Quote from: Scott777 on November 30, 2021, 10:18:56 PMI suspect many of them will be taking it to tribunal.
And I suspect many of them will lose as care homes will be required to follow guidelines issued from the government.
I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you.

johnofgwent

Quote from: Scott777 on November 30, 2021, 10:18:56 PM
I suspect many of them will be taking it to tribunal.  An employer needs to justify sacking people.  So, surely they would need to show that the employee was a health risk.  That won't be easy.  For a start, being unvaccinated has no bearing on whether you have any disease, so it falls apart right there.  But, as established, the evidence shows the vaccine does not protect anyone else.  I can't see any chance of justifying the sack.

My thoughts exactly.

The information provided to me was explicit "the vaccination does not provide a guarantee you will not be infected, and there is no evidence to suggest it materially affects the chance of you passing on the disease if you catch it"

I've never needed to wave this at anyone because my current employers make this clear themselves as part of their own company wide briefings on the virus and the jabs.
<t>In matters of taxation, Lord Clyde\'s summing up in the 1929 case Inland Revenue v Ayrshire Pullman Services is worth a glance.</t>

Scott777

I suspect many of them will be taking it to tribunal.  An employer needs to justify sacking people.  So, surely they would need to show that the employee was a health risk.  That won't be easy.  For a start, being unvaccinated has no bearing on whether you have any disease, so it falls apart right there.  But, as established, the evidence shows the vaccine does not protect anyone else.  I can't see any chance of justifying the sack.

johnofgwent

It will make an interesting tribunal decision.

Seriously

And at least one of the sources of Pox Bollix states categorically that having caught the pox increases the level of immunity and probably reduces the need for a booster.

Speaking personally, my arm hurts like F@@@ and has done permanently since the second jab. I am in possession of clinical proof the jabs caused thickening of my blood as evidenced by clinical tests designed to measure the degree to which my anticoagulant tablets are fucked over by excess green veg and other coagulants in my diet.

Anyone trying to get me to take a booster while my arm still hurts from the last jab is going to get it introduced into somewhere painful ....
<t>In matters of taxation, Lord Clyde\'s summing up in the 1929 case Inland Revenue v Ayrshire Pullman Services is worth a glance.</t>

Barry

Quote from: T00ts on November 30, 2021, 08:08:33 PM
Have you seen any research/evidence of the immunity duration of having had Covid and how that relates to immunity to any variants thus far?
Switzerland have just deemed that anyone who has had Covid is immune for at least 12 months, T00ts.
† The end is nigh †

T00ts

Quote from: Scott777 on November 30, 2021, 08:35:44 PM
Particularly as it is experimental.  You cannot coerce someone to take a medical experiment.  So then it would be unfair dismissal.

Scott777

Quote from: papasmurf on November 30, 2021, 08:16:49 PM
Really?
Particularly as it is experimental.  You cannot coerce someone to take a medical experiment.  So then it would be unfair dismissal.

Borchester

Quote from: Barry on November 30, 2021, 07:57:58 PM
I was chatting to an elderly lady, Meg, the other day and she wanted to know what she should do about her cleaner and home help Helen. Helen has been working for her for years and not only does a good job, but she has also become a friend.
However Helen won't get the jab.
Meg has had 3 jabs. Her elderly husband has had 3 jabs and a confirmed dose of the CV19.
How Meg didn't get it, I do not know.
Meg asked what she should do about Helen as she refused to get the jabs.

I left the ball in her court, saying it was up to her if she wanted to sack her employee and friend.

Later, I found out that Helen has had a confirmed case of CV19 so sees no point in having the jab.

Tell Meg to run around like a blue arsed fly. I have a couple of friends like her and I don't care if they have the jabs or mainline on Camberwell Carrots, I am pig sick of this Chink Pox
Algerie Francais !

papasmurf

Scott777

Quote from: Barry on November 30, 2021, 07:57:58 PM
I was chatting to an elderly lady, Meg, the other day and she wanted to know what she should do about her cleaner and home help Helen. Helen has been working for her for years and not only does a good job, but she has also become a friend.
However Helen won't get the jab.
Meg has had 3 jabs. Her elderly husband has had 3 jabs and a confirmed dose of the CV19.
How Meg didn't get it, I do not know.
Meg asked what she should do about Helen as she refused to get the jabs.

I left the ball in her court, saying it was up to her if she wanted to sack her employee and friend.

Later, I found out that Helen has had a confirmed case of CV19 so sees no point in having the jab.

What can you do except tell her the facts, that Helen's jab would not protect Meg, and that it's illegal to coerce someone to do it.  Then it's her decision.