Does Nicola Sturgeon's legacy rely on indyref2?

Started by GBNews, December 04, 2021, 01:00:12 PM

« previous - next »

Thomas

Quote from: News on December 04, 2021, 01:00:12 PM

Nicola Sturgeon still aims to deliver independence - but is her legacy as first minister secure even without it?

Source: Does Nicola Sturgeon's legacy rely on indyref2?
aye , it does.

An Fhirinn an aghaidh an t-Saoghail!

Borchester

Quote from: T00ts on December 04, 2021, 01:33:00 PM
Do they or is it like the rest of us where most don't really care as long as taxes don't cripple?

I imagine that the Scots idea of Scexit is pretty much the same as us with Brexit. They want to pay taxes direct to Holyrood rather than Westminster. The name of the game is independence, not a shilling on or off the income tax.

Algerie Francais !

T00ts

Quote from: Borchester on December 04, 2021, 01:27:36 PM
As far as I can see, a lot of Scots want independence but not Ms Sturgeon. Which is a bit tricky because if she delivers the first she may well be forgiven all things and be in power forever.

The trouble is that the Scots take their politics very seriously so it is hard to tell.
Do they or is it like the rest of us where most don't really care as long as taxes don't cripple?

Borchester

Quote from: T00ts on December 04, 2021, 01:05:44 PM
@Thomas, @morayloon - is it? I would think that she risks replacement. I had a feeling that she as a leader isn't all that popular although she does seem to have developed a Blair like Teflon coating.430

As far as I can see, a lot of Scots want independence but not Ms Sturgeon. Which is a bit tricky because if she delivers the first she may well be forgiven all things and be in power forever.

The trouble is that the Scots take their politics very seriously so it is hard to tell.
Algerie Francais !

T00ts

Quote from: News on December 04, 2021, 01:00:12 PM

Nicola Sturgeon still aims to deliver independence - but is her legacy as first minister secure even without it?

@Thomas, @morayloon - is it? I would think that she risks replacement. I had a feeling that she as a leader isn't all that popular although she does seem to have developed a Blair like Teflon coating.430

GBNews