Count down to Christmas

Started by T00ts, December 04, 2021, 01:02:05 PM

« previous - next »

johnofgwent

Quote from: Streetwalker on December 13, 2021, 02:55:34 PM
Drinking club still normal ,  though it was a bit rammed on Saturday night for the cabaret Dancing Selhurst was rocking yesterday  , the lights are up and shining bright  front of house , tree up  . OK am I done ?

Time for a pre Christmas pint me thinks ;D
Aldi was somewhat crowded yesterday, but the pub has seen some of the christmas dinner parties cancel. Still plenty of drinkers. I think i wil ltake an effigy of the first wanker to the pub on christmas eve and burn it in the car park...
<t>In matters of taxation, Lord Clyde\'s summing up in the 1929 case Inland Revenue v Ayrshire Pullman Services is worth a glance.</t>

Streetwalker

Drinking club still normal ,  though it was a bit rammed on Saturday night for the cabaret Dancing Selhurst was rocking yesterday  , the lights are up and shining bright  front of house , tree up  . OK am I done ?

Time for a pre Christmas pint me thinks ;D

johnofgwent

Quote from: T00ts on December 13, 2021, 10:45:55 AM
This countdown was started to track the changes in the Government announcements over the days leading to Christmas. I am trying to avoid giving an opinion at all. There seem to be enough opinions already out there. :D
Oh I see. I was about to add the Jeremy Kyle Christmas list (twelve cans of lager, 11 DNA test kits, 10 teeth between them, etc etc etc)
<t>In matters of taxation, Lord Clyde\'s summing up in the 1929 case Inland Revenue v Ayrshire Pullman Services is worth a glance.</t>

T00ts

Quote from: Barry on December 13, 2021, 10:26:44 AM
I wondered why the countdown to Christmas was being polluted with establishment "adverts". I think we have a NWO shill amongst us. Perhaps Santa Claus is part of it and he will deliver a leaflet to every home in a 24 hour period. >:(
This countdown was started to track the changes in the Government announcements over the days leading to Christmas. I am trying to avoid giving an opinion at all. There seem to be enough opinions already out there. :D

Barry

I wondered why the countdown to Christmas was being polluted with establishment "adverts". I think we have a NWO shill amongst us. Perhaps Santa Claus is part of it and he will deliver a leaflet to every home in a 24 hour period. >:(
† The end is nigh †

Barry

Quote from: srb7677 on December 13, 2021, 09:04:58 AM
Countdown to Christmas.

For a second I didnt spot the u in the word countdown and thought it was another thread about Boris Johnson, lol
So you saw Contdown?

Great to see you getting in the spirit of the thread srb.
† The end is nigh †

srb7677

Countdown to Christmas.

For a second I didnt spot the u in the word countdown and thought it was another thread about Boris Johnson, lol
We are not all in the same boat. We are in the same storm. Some of us have yachts. Some of us have canoes. Some of us are drowning.

Thomas

Quote from: T00ts on December 11, 2021, 03:31:52 PM

England is moving to Plan B in response to the risks of the Omicron variant.

• Wear a face covering in most indoor public places and on public transport
  • Get tested and self-isolate if required
  • Work from home, if you can
  • Get vaccinated
  • Let fresh air in if you meet indoors. Meeting outdoors is safer
A lot of peoples christmas is going to be spoiled yet again this year down to various governments hysterical response to this latest mild outbreak of covid.

I sometimes actually wonder just what western leaders are gaining out of this continued fragmentations and division of society we see across europe and the western world.
An Fhirinn an aghaidh an t-Saoghail!

T00ts

England is moving to Plan B in response to the risks of the Omicron variant.

• Wear a face covering in most indoor public places and on public transport
  • Get tested and self-isolate if required
  • Work from home, if you can
  • Get vaccinated
  • Let fresh air in if you meet indoors. Meeting outdoors is safer

T00ts

Today travellers must have a Covid test beforehand. I thought this had been denied but there it is today.

Streetwalker

All the usual suspects in the club last night , wearing masks in Waitrose this morning  was about half and half .  No change from pre Omicron . 

T00ts

Just as Barry did as we approached the leaving date from the EU I thought it might be interesting to chart how the message from Government changes as Christmas approaches.

The message seems to be keep calm and carry on. The leisure sector reports mass cancellations. It has been reported by some that only 5 might be allowed to gather but different ministers seem to have gleaned different ideas even after they all attended the same meetings. Chinese whispers no doubt!