Covid: Met reviews Labour MPs' complaint over No 10 party

Started by Borchester, December 05, 2021, 11:41:48 AM

« previous - next »

Sheepy

Just because I don't say anything, it doesn't mean I haven't noticed!

Good old

Quote from: Streetwalker on December 08, 2021, 09:27:55 AM

Laws are made for the obedience of fools and the guidance of wise men

(Never trust a 
It would seem that Boris, runs his ship with that quote very much in mind. Any responsible political might see that as a truth, but would move heaven and earth to prevent it being considered a good reason for the common man to ignore the law guided by wise men. Not for the first time since taking power , Boris, and his close followers appear to undermine the law, possibly ignore the law. This in a state that stands firmly on the rule of law this has to be considered foolish in the extreme. 

Streetwalker

Quote from: Sheepy on December 08, 2021, 09:37:32 AM
Mrs blue rinse will savage you; she is a believer. Although I can see the amusing side, when they even call their own voters and any opposition morons as well. But on the Brightside, Barry said they were laughing at everyone anyway and held his family Christmas and I just carried on anyway. Beats ending up a drooling lunatic listening to this lot of cult followers. I survived the pox with using my own immunity and could still raise a smile at a bunch of headless chickens.
Or maybe the wisest move is to pretend to be a fool 

Sheepy

Quote from: Streetwalker on December 08, 2021, 09:27:55 AM

(Never trust a tory )

Although I can see the amusing side, when they even call their own voters and any opposition morons as well. But on the Brightside, Barry said they were laughing at everyone anyway and held his family Christmas and I just carried on anyway. Beats ending up a drooling lunatic listening to this lot of cult followers. I survived the pox with using my own immunity and could still raise a smile at a bunch of headless chickens.

Mod edit
Cromwell

Streetwalker

(Never trust a tory )

Sheepy

Sheepy

Quote from: Barry on December 06, 2021, 01:07:59 PM
Wouldn't it be better to cancel their passports after they have left the country? ;D
Remember those old type films with Terry Thomas? I had a vision then of them sneaking out of the country on some tramp steamer before the old bill feel their collars. Not that the whole place is just an old comedy of course.

papasmurf

Breaking news:-

More at link:-

https://www.itv.com/news/2021-12-07/no-10-staff-joke-in-leaked-recording-about-christmas-party-they-later-denied
Tuesday 7 December 2021, 7:09pm
Downing Street staff shown joking in leaked recording about Christmas party they later denied
Senior Downing Street staff joked about holding a Christmas party in Number 10 just four days after the event is alleged to have taken place last December, a recording leaked to ITV News has revealed.
Staff can be heard laughing and making references to "cheese and wine", while Boris Johnson's then spokesperson Allegra Stratton remarked there was "definitely no social distancing."

The recording is of a rehearsal on December 22 for Downing Street's proposed daily TV media briefings, which Ms Stratton was set to front before they were later abandoned.

Staff in the 9 Downing Street press room pose mock questions to help with her preparation.

Ed Oldfield, adviser to the prime minister, asks: "I've just seen reports on Twitter that there was a Downing Street Christmas party on Friday night, do you recognise those reports?"

"I went home", replies Ms Stratton, laughing, before composing herself, telling colleagues to "hold on", as she appears to consider what her answer should be.
"Umm, errr, ahhhh," are the noises she makes as she looks around the room, apparently stuck for words.

https://youtu.be/4Ofkm48nv_k

Nemini parco qui vivit in orbe

Barry

Wouldn't it be better to cancel their passports after they have left the country? ;D
† The end is nigh †

cromwell

Quote from: Streetwalker on December 06, 2021, 12:24:40 PM
Marching powder  found in all the bogs (shock ,horror) . Not really a revelation ,I would guess they would find the same results in most City offices .

Will whoever it is moaning about the Party at No 10 be the first in line for a drugs test ?
Well they're threatening no passport or driving licence,but I guess that'll only apply to plebs whereas universally applied would be a good move.
Energy....secure and affordable,not that hard is it?

Sheepy

Well, the amusing side of that the bunch of hypocrites, have been given at least a year to clean their act up, like Barry says you can bet it will be swept under the carpet yet again. How did we know, well maybe we know many things we don't necessarily say much about? 

Streetwalker

Marching powder  found in all the bogs (shock ,horror) . Not really a revelation ,I would guess they would find the same results in most City offices .

Will whoever it is moaning about the Party at No 10 be the first in line for a drugs test ?

HDQQ

This Tory government is hardly a responsible government. Its attitude has been to make promises that stall criticism and then go back on those promises as soon as the coast is clear. The one triumph of theirs has been the vaccination programme, but then there has been more than a degree of self-interest in doing that as we're all at risk.

On the Downing St. Christmas parties last year - they were blatant hypocrisy - one rule for us, another for the plebs, my query is a legal one. Can someone be prosecuted for a historic offence which would no longer be a crime because of a change in the law? I mean, the Chrismas party would no longer be illegal. Unwise and irresponsible, yes, but not illegal.
Formerly known as Hyperduck Quack Quack.
I might not be an expert but I do know enough to correct you when you're wrong!

papasmurf

Perhaps they should put the sniffer dogs into 10 Downing Street:-

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-59539589

Parliament drug use claims to be raised with police this week
By Justin Parkinson
Political reporter, BBC News

Published4 hours ago

House of Commons Speaker Sir Lindsay Hoyle has promised to raise allegations of drug use in Parliament with the Metropolitan Police this week.

He described a report in the Sunday Times that traces of cocaine had been found in several lavatory areas as "deeply concerning".
Sir Lindsay told the BBC that those who "flout the law" should face punishment.
His decision comes as the government is expected on Monday to pledge £700m over three years to tackle problem drug use.
This will include putting more emphasis on recovery from addiction, and less on prosecuting people caught with illegal substances.

The Sunday Time reports all but one of 12 lavatory areas in Parliament that were tested showed traces of cocaine, adding the House of Commons Commission - responsible for the running of the Palace of Westminster - was considering allowing the use of sniffer dogs to detect users.
Sir Lindsay told the BBC: "The accounts of drug misuse in Parliament given to the Sunday Times are deeply concerning, and I will be raising them as a priority with the Metropolitan Police next week. I expect to see full and effective enforcement of the law.

Nemini parco qui vivit in orbe

johnofgwent

Quote from: Borchester on December 05, 2021, 11:41:48 AM
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-59532066

Jesus Christ, what a bunch of dreary prigs.

Look at the photo of the Labour party's front bench. They look like they are getting ready for a night out mugging in Harlesden.

Every time I read a story about the Tories being caught with their hands in the till I think well, at least they aren't Starmer's sad mates.

Hey, the BBC must have pulled that. It gives an error
<t>In matters of taxation, Lord Clyde\'s summing up in the 1929 case Inland Revenue v Ayrshire Pullman Services is worth a glance.</t>