The madness is reaching fever pitch

Started by Sheepy, December 05, 2021, 11:05:43 PM

« previous - next »

Nick

Quote from: papasmurf on December 06, 2021, 09:49:53 AM
Nick, tactical voting came close to getting rid of Iain Duncan Smith at the last general election.
You may laugh but all the Tory MPs in Cornwall are very vulnerable to being unseated by tactical voting.  Especially now "Get Brexit Done" has turned into being done by Brexit, plus the Tory Austerity and George Useless crapping on fishing and farming from a great height, with more damage going to happen from January 1st 2022.
So the answer is nothing then. The reason being, how bad the Tories are nobody wants Labour in. 
I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you.

papasmurf

Quote from: Nick on December 06, 2021, 09:41:49 AM
How's that going then? 😂
Nick, tactical voting came close to getting rid of Iain Duncan Smith at the last general election.
You may laugh but all the Tory MPs in Cornwall are very vulnerable to being unseated by tactical voting.  Especially now "Get Brexit Done" has turned into being done by Brexit, plus the Tory Austerity and George Useless crapping on fishing and farming from a great height, with more damage going to happen from January 1st 2022.
Nemini parco qui vivit in orbe

Nick

Quote from: papasmurf on December 06, 2021, 09:32:31 AM
I vote tactically to keep a Tory out, there aren't any cottage burners in Cornwall. (Yet.)
How's that going then? 😂 
I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you.

Streetwalker

Quote from: papasmurf on December 06, 2021, 09:14:50 AM
Tories are the worst of a bad bunch by a very long way.
The state of British politics aye , a who's worse than who argument .   Trouble is it takes a lot of cabbage to break into Westminster so we are stuck with what we have got .

How can we make our politicians more accountable ,how can we make them more honest ?  Is I suppose the question along with how do we stop people moving to populist parties ?

I would say the former will not happen until we do the latter .

papasmurf

Quote from: johnofgwent on December 06, 2021, 09:29:05 AM
When you vote labour and get Welsh Nationalist Cottage Burner you may understand better
I vote tactically to keep a Tory out, there aren't any cottage burners in Cornwall. (Yet.)

johnofgwent

Quote from: papasmurf on December 06, 2021, 08:06:19 AM
What amazes me is the number of people still willing to vote Tory.

When you vote labour and get Welsh Nationalist Cottage Burner you may understand better
<t>In matters of taxation, Lord Clyde\'s summing up in the 1929 case Inland Revenue v Ayrshire Pullman Services is worth a glance.</t>

johnofgwent

Quote from: papasmurf on December 06, 2021, 09:14:50 AM
Tories are the worst of a bad bunch by a very long way.
So you say. Endlessly. And in the minds of some, they probably are. But there's worse things out there than a Tory.
<t>In matters of taxation, Lord Clyde\'s summing up in the 1929 case Inland Revenue v Ayrshire Pullman Services is worth a glance.</t>

papasmurf

Quote from: Streetwalker on December 06, 2021, 09:09:31 AM
They are the best of a bad bunch and its not really amazing when you think of the current alternative .
Tories are the worst of a bad bunch by a very long way.

Streetwalker

Quote from: papasmurf on December 06, 2021, 08:06:19 AM
They are the best of a bad bunch and its not really amazing when you think of the current alternative .

papasmurf

Quote from: Sheepy on December 05, 2021, 11:05:43 PM

Politician's constant lies, while trying to find every excuse to insult the people who vote for them?

Sheepy

The loss of trust in politics in liberal democracies is damaging society (msn.com)
What are we comparing it with?
The constant psychological attacks on the public by politicians and the media?
Politician's constant lies, while trying to find every excuse to insult the people who vote for them? 
While doing nothing about anything they were voted in on?
How Liberal is a bunch of militant politician's and media removing every human right under false pretences? 
Just because I don't say anything, it doesn't mean I haven't noticed!