Rumours of my wife and I's death were much exaggerated.

Started by papasmurf, December 08, 2021, 09:48:34 AM

« previous - next »

srb7677

Quote from: HDQQ on December 08, 2021, 10:59:50 PM
We know of people locally who have recently had a 'very nasty cold' that is definitely not covid-19 (tested negative) but has some similar symptoms.
The problem is that colds do have some similar symptoms to less severe forms of covid. So if you catch a cold you are supposed to get tested just in case. I must admit that I had a cold about a year ago. The symptoms were exactly the same as every other cold I had ever had. Work colleagues who had had the same thing had gotten themselves tested and been covid negative, so I was certain it was just a cold. I didn;t get a test and just worked through it as I have always done.
We are not all in the same boat. We are in the same storm. Some of us have yachts. Some of us have canoes. Some of us are drowning.

HDQQ

We know of people locally who have recently had a 'very nasty cold' that is definitely not covid-19 (tested negative) but has some similar symptoms.
Formerly known as Hyperduck Quack Quack.
I might not be an expert but I do know enough to correct you when you're wrong!

papasmurf

Quote from: Borchester on December 08, 2021, 10:55:52 AM
I am glad you are on the mend.
To quote Over The Garden Gate, (Sir Bernard Miles.) I am better than what I was, but I am not as good  as I was before I was as bad as what I am now.
Nemini parco qui vivit in orbe

Borchester

Quote from: papasmurf on December 08, 2021, 09:48:34 AM
Last week my wife caught something nasty and I got it 24 hours later, we both tested negative for Covid. We both got to the stage we expected a knock on the door and 14 monks and two stretchers to be there.
We both recovered after 48 hours. Still no idea what it was, no rise in blood pressure, temperature, resting heart rate.  Oximeter reading OK, and peak flow meter normal for this time of year.
( A kind person did some shopping for us.)

I am glad you are on the mend.
Algerie Francais !

Barry

I'm on the Strepsils at the moment. Wonderful. Nice with my afternoon sherry.
† The end is nigh †

papasmurf

Quote from: Barry on December 08, 2021, 10:43:04 AM
Did the Lem-Sip help?
Never use it, the class A on prescription we both have to hand did. (As did the hot water, Rum, Cassis, honey and lemon mixture.)

Barry

† The end is nigh †

papasmurf

Last week my wife caught something nasty and I got it 24 hours later, we both tested negative for Covid. We both got to the stage we expected a knock on the door and 14 monks and two stretchers to be there.
We both recovered after 48 hours. Still no idea what it was, no rise in blood pressure, temperature, resting heart rate.  Oximeter reading OK, and peak flow meter normal for this time of year.
( A kind person did some shopping for us.)