Think Keir needs another rug.

Started by Nick, December 08, 2021, 12:28:09 PM

« previous - next »

srb7677

Quote from: T00ts on December 09, 2021, 06:38:32 PM
Why? Because they went to a private school?
Of course not. Talk about politically loaded straw men built on base assumptions about where I am coming from, disrespectfully attributing false motives to me. Where they were educated is not the issue, and not a point I have ever made in this thread or over this issue at all. So why attribute it to me? No the issue is not where they were educated, but the taint of corruption and dishonesty associated with them. And that is the same issue much of the public have with them.
We are not all in the same boat. We are in the same storm. Some of us have yachts. Some of us have canoes. Some of us are drowning.

Sheepy

Quote from: Good old on December 09, 2021, 07:29:42 PM
Right at this minute things are so bad with this government that any sane person must start to question them. Some on here think they are dumb but acceptable. Bad government can never be acceptable, no matter who is dishing it out. It's not as if it is just a matter of sleaze, there are shortages in all sectors, inflation not fully controlled , price rises in all types of fuel. Yes COVID, has not helped them. But neither is Brexit helping them and that is their baby.The irony of that is they got it ,but don't know how to handle it properly, so even their Brexit supporters are not that satisfied.
For a number of reasons Labour, would have to inherit a complete breakdown to shift the Tories, a coalition is on though, but I'm afraid it would have to have Tories, in it to be effective. The reason being the Tories always have the real control in or out of government.

Well it is all par for the course they lied their way in and now like always whichever party we get it is all coming on top. Chasing ones tail never seems to make much sense from here. But I guess that is what they all rely on.
Just because I don't say anything, it doesn't mean I haven't noticed!

Good old

Quote from: papasmurf on December 09, 2021, 07:02:23 PM
It would be a coalition with no Tories in it. I just want to be rid of the callous, incompetent crooks that are the Tories.

Right at this minute things are so bad with this government that any sane person must start to question them. Some on here think they are dumb but acceptable. Bad government can never be acceptable, no matter who is dishing it out. It's not as if it is just a matter of sleaze, there are shortages in all sectors, inflation not fully controlled , price rises in all types of fuel. Yes COVID, has not helped them. But neither is Brexit helping them and that is their baby.The irony of that is they got it ,but don't know how to handle it properly, so even their Brexit supporters are not that satisfied.
For a number of reasons Labour, would have to inherit a complete breakdown to shift the Tories, a coalition is on though, but I'm afraid it would have to have Tories, in it to be effective. The reason being the Tories always have the real control in or out of government.

Sheepy

Quote from: papasmurf on December 09, 2021, 07:09:27 PM
Full proportional representation would.
No such thing, every major policy could never be classed being as proportional. As we are all seeing.

T00ts

papasmurf

Quote from: T00ts on December 09, 2021, 07:06:47 PM
I haven't yet seen a system offered that will create a better Government. I would do away with Parties altogether.
Full proportional representation would.
Nemini parco qui vivit in orbe

T00ts

Quote from: papasmurf on December 09, 2021, 07:05:15 PM
Why? In the absence of full proportional representation, a coalition is the only way out of the ever deeper mess the Tories are getting the country into.
I haven't yet seen a system offered that will create a better Government. I would do away with Parties altogether.

papasmurf

Quote from: T00ts on December 09, 2021, 07:03:24 PM
Heaven help us!
Why? In the absence of full proportional representation, a coalition is the only way out of the ever deeper mess the Tories are getting the country into.

T00ts

Quote from: papasmurf on December 09, 2021, 07:02:23 PM
It would be a coalition with no Tories in it. I just want to be rid of the callous, incompetent crooks that are the Tories.
Heaven help us! 

papasmurf

Quote from: T00ts on December 09, 2021, 06:29:02 PM
I wish you were sorry. You never admit what you would replace them with. 

T00ts

Quote from: Good old on December 09, 2021, 06:58:37 PM
Thanks ,Toots, Who should  have L plates?
I only know because I made the same mistake - you're welcome.

Good old

Quote from: Good old on December 09, 2021, 06:46:59 PM
Dancing Dancing Dancing
It now appears in this evenings news that Jack Doyle, Boris,s head PR man was actually at this alleged "gathering, party,"  Oh,dear.  I only laugh, because I think I'm watching ,"yes minister,."

Edit - T00ts

Dancing  requires space between to keep dancing!

Thanks ,Toots, Who should  have L plates? 

Sheepy

As the place is one of the most surveilled places in the country, it would be very simple to show what the cameras saw and of who. It would be just as easy to say it never happened but not if it did. Because for sure plenty of people would know who arrived and went. Keeping that quiet might not so simple. Oh a bit like a populist.

Good old

Dancing Dancing Dancing
It now appears in this evenings news that Jack Doyle, Boris,s head PR man was actually at this alleged "gathering, party,"  Oh,dear.  I only laugh, because I think I'm watching ,"yes minister,." 

Edit - T00ts

Dancing  requires space between to keep dancing!

T00ts

Quote from: srb7677 on December 09, 2021, 06:34:19 PM
But public opinion is often a reflection of and reaction to what we see going on, and it looks ugly. You surely cannot pretend otherwise. Fact is both main party leaders are abject liars who have surrounded themselves with their accolytes. If the Tories want to avoid any risk of losing to New Labour revisited they need to get rid of Boris and some of those around him like Rees Mogg.
Why? Because they went to a private school?