PLAN B to fight Covid virus brought in from Friday

Started by Barry, December 08, 2021, 07:07:14 PM

« previous - next »

Streetwalker

Quote from: Scott777 on December 09, 2021, 11:19:03 AM
Thousands of care home staff were sacked.  They were not free to choose.  Boris is imposing vax passports for venues.  They will not be free to choose.  It's the slippery slope towards the Austrian example.
Of course they were free to choose , they chose not to protect themselves and more importantly those who they were supposed to be caring for often those who are the most vulnerable 
The clue is in the word 'care '.

Vax passports are a simple process of sending the code off the test kit to the NHS with a negative declaration . You get a text back in minutes . If you cant be bothered to partake in that simple process then stay at home .

The slippery slope toward the Austrian example as you put it will most certainly be where we end up if people keep reading conspiracy theories  on the internet and refuse to be vaccinated or  comply with other covid measures .

Scott777

Quote from: Streetwalker on December 09, 2021, 09:16:54 AM
This is the point that those complaining against the fight against COVID  that makes less sense to me than any other .

What freedoms have you lost ,  have we been put back in lockdown , have the pubs shut again , has the footy barred fans or the Trafalgar Theatre closed its doors for the last time ?

No ,

you have to slip a mask on when you get on a bus or go in Waitrose or maybe take a test before you go to an event in hope of keeping people safe .  Is that really too much to ask of a society that calls itself civilised ?

Thousands of care home staff were sacked.  They were not free to choose.  Boris is imposing vax passports for venues.  They will not be free to choose.  It's the slippery slope towards the Austrian example.
Those princes who have done great things have held good faith of little account, and have known how to craftily circumvent the intellect of men.  Niccolò Machiavelli.

Sheepy

Dunno, why do the establishment need to remove everything that shows the majority doesn't agree with them and it is only a small minority that do? 
Just because I don't say anything, it doesn't mean I haven't noticed!

Streetwalker

Quote from: Barry on December 08, 2021, 07:51:57 PM
Then your enthusiasm for these restrictions has truly skewed your judgment. I am truly worried for this country. I'm angry too, at the lies.
Remember the "irreversible" relaxation of restrictions?
Remember the 15 million jabs to freedom?

Freedom. my backside.
This is the point that those complaining against the fight against COVID  that makes less sense to me than any other . 

What freedoms have you lost ,  have we been put back in lockdown , have the pubs shut again , has the footy barred fans or the Trafalgar Theatre closed its doors for the last time ?

No ,

you have to slip a mask on when you get on a bus or go in Waitrose or maybe take a test before you go to an event in hope of keeping people safe .   Is that really too much to ask of a society that calls itself civilised ?

GBNews

Omicron: What are the new Plan B rules for England?

Covid rules are being strengthened in response to the Omicron variant

Source: Omicron: What are the new Plan B rules for England?

Barry

Quote from: Sheepy on December 08, 2021, 08:30:35 PM
This Moaning doctor gives shocking admission - YouTube
That's true, because 46.6 million have had the 2nd jab. There are about 67.5 million population.
The government count the population over 12 in their figures, as that is currently the minimum age for jabs.
Rumour is - it will be available to anyone over 5 before the month is out.
† The end is nigh †

Sheepy

We will insult your intelligence and get you finally using lies and propaganda, not if we get you first, close shaves I do believe are getting rife.

Sheepy

Sheepy

Scott777

Quote from: srb7677 on December 08, 2021, 08:03:48 PM
Personally I think the government is right to act far more quickly this time, whatever their motives. Most of the time they have been too slow to react in the past.

Okie dokie, so we will be doing this forever.  There will always be new viruses, and always have been.
Those princes who have done great things have held good faith of little account, and have known how to craftily circumvent the intellect of men.  Niccolò Machiavelli.

srb7677

Quote from: T00ts on December 08, 2021, 07:57:06 PM
We have criticised the Government in the past for acting too slowly and watched as cases rose. They don't know for sure yet just how bad this could get but now we are criticising them for acting too soon. What they have said is that more are being hospitalised let's look around the hospitals in our areas and check that out. If we continue slagging off the Government what will we end up with? We are going to be in a fine mess with no government at all.
Personally I think the government is right to act far more quickly this time, whatever their motives. Most of the time they have been too slow to react in the past.
We are not all in the same boat. We are in the same storm. Some of us have yachts. Some of us have canoes. Some of us are drowning.

T00ts

Quote from: Barry on December 08, 2021, 07:51:57 PM
Then your enthusiasm for these restrictions has truly skewed your judgment. I am truly worried for this country. I'm angry too, at the lies.

Freedom. my backside.
We have criticised the Government in the past for acting too slowly and watched as cases rose. They don't know for sure yet just how bad this could get but now we are criticising them for acting too soon. What they have said is that more are being hospitalised let's look around the hospitals in our areas and check that out. If we continue slagging off the Government what will we end up with? We are going to be in a fine mess with no government at all. 

Sheepy

Scott777

Quote from: T00ts on December 08, 2021, 07:44:35 PM
It's easy look at the graph. Why do you need an explanation?

I must be very stupid, but can't seem to see why the graph means we need new restrictions.  I see a line that has not much changed since August.  What do you see?

Barry

Quote from: T00ts on December 08, 2021, 07:38:57 PM
I don't see that as a lie look at the graph.

Freedom. my backside.
† The end is nigh †