PLAN B to fight Covid virus brought in from Friday

Started by Barry, December 08, 2021, 07:07:14 PM

« previous - next »

Barry

Quote from: cromwell on December 09, 2021, 08:13:31 PM
All sorts of conditions are attached to various jobs,those conditions of employment change from time to time,that's life.
I have huge admiration for those that were willing to lose their jobs on a matter of principle. Would I have done the same? I don't know.

I do wonder whether they will be able to sue in coming years. I do hope so. No one should be forced to take an experimental jab. Nobody at all.

Meanwhile the fact remains no one has been hospitalised because of Omicron. People will, as the virus spreads, be hospitalised with Omicron, because they will have an accident, or some other medical emergency, unrelated to the fact they have provided a positive test.
Much like the majority of patients in hospital with positive tests. They entered the hospital for reasons unrelated to their infection.

Before you ask, anyone, do your own research - you never believe what I post.
† The end is nigh †

srb7677

Quote from: cromwell on December 09, 2021, 08:13:31 PM
All sorts of conditions are attached to various jobs,those conditions of employment change from time to time,that's life.
Indeed. And such changes can often be made necessary by new circumstances. The arrival of a new virus is an obvious example.

That being vaccinated against it never used to be a condition of employment is quite obviously due to the fact that until a couple of years ago it didn't exist in the human race. Now it does.
We are not all in the same boat. We are in the same storm. Some of us have yachts. Some of us have canoes. Some of us are drowning.

cromwell

Quote from: Scott777 on December 09, 2021, 06:49:58 PM
Fair enough, maybe not sacked yet, but threatened with it.  Again, you are deflecting.  We are not discussing the safety of the jab.  You seem to misunderstand what free choice is.  Being threatened with dismissal if you don't want the jab is not a free choice, any more than if I hold a gun to your head and demand your money.  Are you going to justify it, or not?
Energy....secure and affordable,not that hard is it?

Sheepy

Not that I was actually expecting an answer, because most of you are part of that very small minority and it speaks for itself.
Just because I don't say anything, it doesn't mean I haven't noticed!

Barry

Quote from: Streetwalker on December 09, 2021, 06:14:07 PM
They were not sacked , they chose not to adhere to the conditions of employment .

Their conditions were changed, that has to be unfair.

QuoteAll drugs are  dangerous to some extent , 18000 deaths a year from taking asprin ?  Daily aspirin 'cuts bowel and stomach cancer deaths' - BBC News

Hey look, a squirrel! ;D
† The end is nigh †

T00ts

Quote from: Scott777 on December 09, 2021, 06:49:58 PM
Fair enough, maybe not sacked yet, but threatened with it.  Again, you are deflecting.  We are not discussing the safety of the jab.  You seem to misunderstand what free choice is.  Being threatened with dismissal if you don't want the jab is not a free choice, any more than if I hold a gun to your head and demand your money.  Are you going to justify it, or not?
The choice they have been given is take a jab to be able to care for the vulnerable or find new employment. That seems free enough to me. What they haven't said is sit down while we tie you to the chair. 

papasmurf

Quote from: Streetwalker on December 09, 2021, 06:41:45 PM
Thats OK I didnt realise it was an old report . The point stands though that drugs given the OK have side effects and yes when better come along we go with that .
But as you point out papa the lives saved exceed by a migraine the lives lost , as has been the case with most medicine
I  should have declared an interest, I was on low dose aspirin for many years BUT I had an in depth conversation with my GP at the time going into the risks  because I have from time to time spontaneous hemorrhaging in muscles and joints. (I stopped taking aspirin a few years ago due to developments in medication.
Nemini parco qui vivit in orbe

Scott777

They were not sacked , they chose not to adhere to the conditions of employment .

All drugs are  dangerous to some extent , 18000 deaths a year from taking asprin ?  Daily aspirin 'cuts bowel and stomach cancer deaths' - BBC News

Those princes who have done great things have held good faith of little account, and have known how to craftily circumvent the intellect of men.  Niccolò Machiavelli.

Borchester

Quote from: Streetwalker on December 09, 2021, 09:16:54 AM
This is the point that those complaining against the fight against COVID  that makes less sense to me than any other .

What freedoms have you lost ,  have we been put back in lockdown , have the pubs shut again , has the footy barred fans or the Trafalgar Theatre closed its doors for the last time ?

No ,

you have to slip a mask on when you get on a bus or go in Waitrose or maybe take a test before you go to an event in hope of keeping people safe .  Is that really too much to ask of a society that calls itself civilised ?

Well, two out of three.

I don't mind going through the motions, even if I think most of the anti bug precautions are a load of balls. It is like gentlemen walking on the outside. I am left handed so it doesn't free my sword hand, but the ladies like that sort of thing so I am happy to go through the motions.

Except in Waitrose. Not bad folk but a bit pretentious and can do with the occasional kick up the arse.
Algerie Francais !

Streetwalker

Quote from: papasmurf on December 09, 2021, 06:18:11 PM
Against 122000 lives saved.  That link is from 2014. Enteric coated low dose aspirin has been recommended for years since then because it reduces the risk of bleeds.
Thats OK I didnt realise it was an old report . The point stands though that drugs given the OK have side effects and yes when better come along we go with that . 
But as you point out papa the lives saved exceed by a migraine the lives lost , as has been the case with most medicine 

Scott777

Quote from: srb7677 on December 09, 2021, 05:15:11 PM
The vaccines have saved far more people than they have killed. 

I shall not even bother to read the rest of your comment, until you back up your claim with evidence.
Those princes who have done great things have held good faith of little account, and have known how to craftily circumvent the intellect of men.  Niccolò Machiavelli.

papasmurf

All drugs are  dangerous to some extent , 18000 deaths a year from taking asprin ?  Daily aspirin 'cuts bowel and stomach cancer deaths' - BBC News

Against 122000 lives saved.  That link is from 2014. Enteric coated low dose aspirin has been recommended for years since then because it reduces the risk of bleeds.
Nemini parco qui vivit in orbe

Streetwalker

Quote from: Scott777 on December 09, 2021, 02:07:25 PM
Complete nonsense.  You are really clutching at straws with this persistent lie that vaccines protect anyone else other than yourself.  You are dodging the point, by switching from the issue of choice, to whether vaccines are good or bad.  It's only your opinion that vaccines are good.  It is mine that they are dangerous.  You haven't justified the sacking of care workers at all.

All drugs are  dangerous to some extent , 18000 deaths a year from taking asprin ?  Daily aspirin 'cuts bowel and stomach cancer deaths' - BBC News

srb7677

Quote from: Scott777 on December 09, 2021, 02:07:25 PM
Complete nonsense.  You are really clutching at straws with this persistent lie that vaccines protect anyone else other than yourself.  You are dodging the point, by switching from the issue of choice, to whether vaccines are good or bad.  It's only your opinion that vaccines are good.  It is mine that they are dangerous.  You haven't justified the sacking of care workers at all.
The vaccines have saved far more people than they have killed. Or do you think that the vast majority of us who have chosen to get vaccinated are idiots?

As for care workers, the clue is in the name. Especially when they are caring for highly vulnerable people. It ought to be a mandatory requirement that goes with the territory that they take every reasonable step to protect those in their care. That includes being vaccinated against anything that could kill those in their care.

FFS, it is not that difficult. A simple jab is all that is required. No biggie at all. I have been getting the flu jab every year for nearly two decades now. It is a lot less hassle and a lot less uncomfortable than the average trip to the dentist.
We are not all in the same boat. We are in the same storm. Some of us have yachts. Some of us have canoes. Some of us are drowning.

Scott777

Quote from: Streetwalker on December 09, 2021, 11:41:29 AM
Of course they were free to choose , they chose not to protect themselves and more importantly those who they were supposed to be caring for often those who are the most vulnerable
The clue is in the word 'care '.

Vax passports are a simple process of sending the code off the test kit to the NHS with a negative declaration . You get a text back in minutes . If you can't be bothered to partake in that simple process then stay at home .

The slippery slope toward the Austrian example as you put it will most certainly be where we end up if people keep reading conspiracy theories  on the internet and refuse to be vaccinated or  comply with other covid measures .