Looks like Boris is on his way out

Started by Borchester, December 12, 2021, 07:36:15 PM

« previous - next »

Good old

Quote from: Thomas on December 12, 2021, 09:04:20 PM
Stop spinning. You made a clear dig at johnson ,and now are trying to expand your lame point to include everyone as though you are feeling sorry for all governments in an effort to gloss over your original point.

Another concentrated political attack by you labour supporters on johnson , and im setting the record straight.

Considering the thread is about replacing Johnson, because it asks who should have his job, there was little point in not giving him a  nudge. The fact is you have decided to completely misrepresent any point I make point. As you have done time and time again ,not just to me but everyone you ever disagree with. Johnson is a waste of space, I have said so since he ever got prominence several years back. There chew on that . I still don't know who should get his job, and the reason is , in football terms being passed that ball would be a hospital pass. Now at least if you must balls this thread up
you now have something genuine to chew on.
There you go you got me rattled.:) Expand the quote.

Thomas

Quote from: Good old on December 12, 2021, 09:00:55 PM
They were to a large degree, working with a bag over the head  as was the Welsh, your Scots people, none have a handle on the answers anywhere near 100%.
Stop spinning. You made a clear dig at johnson ,and now are trying to expand your lame point to include everyone as though you are feeling sorry for all governments in an effort to gloss over your original point.

Another concentrated political attack by you labour supporters on johnson , and im setting the record straight.

An Fhirinn an aghaidh an t-Saoghail!

Good old

Quote from: Thomas on December 12, 2021, 08:51:42 PM
truth. More people died  under the labour party control and dealing with covid in wales during the second wave compared to any other nation of the uk.

...and you tell us the conservative government was working with a bag over its head dealing with covid?

They were to a large degree, working with a bag over the head  as was the Welsh, your Scots people, none have a handle on the answers anywhere near 100%. They are blind to a lot of vital knowledge.  I was making an excuse for them if it was needed, I DONT BELIEVE THEY DO  but I feel they deserve that much. So get back in your box and stop crowding this worthwhile thread.

T00ts

You know I should think every government around the world is rueing the day that this is their time in power. It must be a complete nightmare. They are damned by Joe Public whichever way they turn. Those who are completely taken in by conspiracy theories that see this as some sort of reset of humanity, to those who simply don't want to die of it.

I have a feeling that unless BJ actually resigns and tells the grey suits he has had enough the Conservatives will find it hard to find anyone to take on the poisonous chalice. It's possible we are stuck with him for a while. Having said that I do feel that he is reckless enough to simply throw in the towel if he finds it all just too much. Whether his wife will take the same view will be interesting to see. Of course if he walks does that mean we are left with Raab? Heaven forbid!

Quote from: cromwell on December 12, 2021, 08:55:31 PM
Well I look around at all politicians,there's a dearth of talent (or well hidden Puke) I really don't see any credible leaders to take us where we need to be.

It's very frustrating and sad state of affairs.
My feeling exactly.

Thomas

Quote from: cromwell on December 12, 2021, 08:55:31 PM
Well I look around at all politicians,there's a dearth of talent (or well hidden Puke) I really don't see any credible leaders to take us where we need to be.

well cromwell , im not sure what you are expecting but one things for sure , as i keep saying  , whatever magic bullet you expect to appear and solve many issues , starmers labour wont solve them going by their performances.

Thomas

Starmers labour....worse performance dealing with covid than johnson and to rub salt in the wound you get dragged back into the EU. LMFAO.;D

cromwell

Energy....secure and affordable,not that hard is it?

Thomas

The second wave

When the Welsh  Labour Government were fully in control, Wales had a higher death toll than England

A good way to assess the Welsh Government's performance is to look at the second wave of the pandemic. Unlike the first wave, where there was significant ambiguity early on over whether it was the UK or Welsh Government who were making the big calls, the second wave was different.
Between August 2020 and March 2021, all of the big decisions on lockdown management were made by the Welsh Government.
This means that the success and failings of that period land squarely at the feet of Mark Drakeford, Vaughan Gething and co.
And the figures are really woeful.
The death rate relative to population (100k people) for Wales in the first wave was 79, slightly higher than Scotland on 77 but far lower than England's 87.
In the second wave, Wales' death rate was devastating 169 compared to the England's 144 and far, far higher than Scotland's 108.

https://www.walesonline.co.uk/news/politics/welsh-government-coronavirus-covid-mistakes-21107573

Thomas

Quote from: Good old on December 12, 2021, 08:49:53 PM
Sad.
truth. More people died  under the labour party control and dealing with covid in wales during the second wave compared to any other nation of the uk.

...and you tell us the conservative government was working with a bag over its head dealing with covid?

Good old

Quote from: Thomas on December 12, 2021, 08:47:19 PM
The utter hypocrisy from those labour party scum  regarding covid yet again laid bare for all to see.

Sad.

Thomas

The utter hypocrisy from those labour party scum  regarding covid yet again laid bare for all to see.

Thomas

By contrast, the Welsh government has come out of the pandemic relatively unscathed. And yet the questions and criticisms of how it dealt with COVID-19 are too many to list in full. They range from introducing lockdown restrictions too late, to spending huge sums on hospitals that were never used.

The truth is that – just like in Westminster – politicians in Wales don't like scrutiny. In fact, when the former Welsh health minister was asked questions about the pandemic by a colleague, he replied: "What the F@@@ is the matter with her?"

When the devastating inquiry into England's handling of the pandemic was published, the Labour Party was understandably keen to shout about it. But in Wales – where Labour is actually in power – there is no sense of irony about the party's own refusal to scrutinise.

https://www.opendemocracy.net/en/opendemocracyuk/the-welsh-government-is-escaping-scrutiny-over-covid-19/

Thomas

Quote from: Good old on December 12, 2021, 08:37:30 PM
After attacks on Labour past and present ,it would seem your main reason for posting is disrupting every subject with your constant drivel.
I was honestly responding to Toots. I was hardly going to say what a cracking bunch of boys and girls Boris, and his crew are.she knows that's not what I would think.  I didn't give her a name , because it might take a genius , and I have told you I don't see any politician to  be that. Blair, had his problems , and he payed a price. So should Boris.
You made a comment about boris handling of covid  , his "ethics " etc , and how the tory government in england were dealing with this pandemic with a bag over their heads because of him.

Yet the one country of the uk were keir starmers party are in charge of dealing with covid , Wales , has a higher death rate than scotland or northern ireland , and has performed abysmally compared to the rest in dealing with covid.

Welsh labour have faced little to no scrutiny , while johnson has been attakced at every turn.

Labour are the only alternative to johnsons tories in england , and if anyone is looking for competence , on the basis of what we are seeing in wales , dont look to labour to deliver it at westmisnter.

Good old

Quote from: Thomas on December 12, 2021, 08:39:49 PM
The Welsh government is escaping scrutiny over COVID-19

A landmark report showed Westminster's terrible mistakes in the pandemic. But Wales made its own mistakes, too

How history will judge the Welsh government remains to be seen. But one thing is certain: politicians in Cardiff have escaped with far less scrutiny and criticism about how they've handled the pandemic than their counterparts in Westminster

Yet the Welsh government insists it does not need its own Wales-specific inquiry. Instead, it intends to rely purely on a new UK-wide inquiry, which Drakeford claims will have "a proper Welsh dimension".

These issues include the death rate in Wales, which was higher than in Scotland or Northern Ireland. Since the start of the pandemic, there have been 189 COVID-19 deaths per 100,000 people in Wales, compared to 162 in Scotland and just 138 in Northern Ireland. This may be partly down to social and demographic reasons, but policy questions also need to be asked.

https://www.opendemocracy.net/en/opendemocracyuk/the-welsh-government-is-escaping-scrutiny-over-covid-19/

I did not critise the actual handling of COVID, just Johnson's involvement in the whole party situation,. Bog off Thomas , another extensive effort to make a point that doesn't exist. As said disruption is your business.

Thomas

Quote from: Good old on December 12, 2021, 08:18:58 PM
Agree Toots , it's a good hiding to nothing situation. I haven't supported much of what they  have done for eleven years or so. And I think the problems were there and building. But this COVID, thing has really completely screwed up their chances of getting on an even keel, It's Johnsons behaviour toward ethics and rules that diminish the fact that the government has been trying to balance the response to COVID, with a bag over their heads. And considering that haven't done to bad.
However it is that bad right now that it will take a very special talent to get out of the mess without just becoming another of its victims.
The Welsh government is escaping scrutiny over COVID-19

A landmark report showed Westminster's terrible mistakes in the pandemic. But Wales made its own mistakes, too

How history will judge the Welsh government remains to be seen. But one thing is certain: politicians in Cardiff have escaped with far less scrutiny and criticism about how they've handled the pandemic than their counterparts in Westminster

Yet the Welsh government insists it does not need its own Wales-specific inquiry. Instead, it intends to rely purely on a new UK-wide inquiry, which Drakeford claims will have "a proper Welsh dimension".

These issues include the death rate in Wales, which was higher than in Scotland or Northern Ireland. Since the start of the pandemic, there have been 189 COVID-19 deaths per 100,000 people in Wales, compared to 162 in Scotland and just 138 in Northern Ireland. This may be partly down to social and demographic reasons, but policy questions also need to be asked.