Keir starmers tv address

Started by Thomas, December 14, 2021, 08:08:14 AM

« previous - next »

Good old

Quote from: Thomas on December 15, 2021, 07:27:00 AM

Boris and the toires dont own that flag , but whn they use it  , it looks normal and natural coming from a party that is unashamedly national. Labour on the other hand , have spent their existnce shouting down nationalism and frowning on patriotism , not to mention pissing on the british nationalists back on numerous occassions.

Clearly the torie are in trouble , but its very telling how labour are just as despised and not seen as the answer. You are a large part of the problem , not the solution.

Pretty broad assessment that , and not accurate as ever. Labour politicians were every bit as responsible for holding this country together against Hitler, and his Naz,s. In fact it was not just their support for Churchills, views, but their insistence that  there would be no capitulation, such as was being promoted in Tory quarters. That led to the adoption of Churchill, and his leadership in not accepting Hitlers demands, and fighting for this countries independence from anything he could offer.  So broad brush by  you as ever,at the expense of fact.

Thomas

Quote from: Nick on December 14, 2021, 11:58:57 AM
Boris delivered what 17.4 million people voted for, something Labour did their best to scupper. They're going to have to do a lot more than wave a flag and play Jerusalem, especially after Adonis's revelation.
Its no revelation though is it nick? No one thinks adonis or labour have changed their anti british pro european spots. Those 17.4 miilion need to do the same as the 45 % from 2014 in scotland. Hammer labour at every single election.

Starmers goons are running around telling scots to vote labour , to get rid of boris. When every scot knows that the snp are the ones margianlly second to the tories in every tory seat in the whole of scotland , where as labour are on a par with the liberals around 16% or less ,and barely above the greens  in fifth.

When labour were last in power , they smashed the disposable income of the vast majority of people in these islands , and pushed the cost of living through the roof. All pre pandemic , pre brexit and all the rest.

I dont know about you , but i am worse off in my pocket every time that party is in power. We all know it.
An Fhirinn an aghaidh an t-Saoghail!

Thomas

Quote from: Good old on December 14, 2021, 09:26:33 AM
There must be an awful lot of people with less than half a brain John, Boris, has been doing just that for years.
And surprise surprise wrapped himself in the Union flag to such a degree one would think he owned it.
And guess what he finds himself in No 10 spouting bullshit most of the time.
That flag represents HMS realm, Kier, represents HMs opposition, not opposition to the flag ,and Boris, doesn't own it.
As ever you evade the point , deliberately or otherwise.

Keir starmer looked shallow and false as hell. Its going to take more than one opinion poll and sitting under that flag to erase the stain of labours anti democratic , anti british antics .

No one is talking about his speech , all the focus was on the flag , and how moronic the labour leader looked.

You seriously think the public cant see through this shallow politicking?

Boris and the toires dont own that flag , but whn they use it  , it looks normal and natural coming from a party that is unashamedly national. Labour on the other hand , have spent their existnce shouting down nationalism and frowning on patriotism , not to mention pissing on the british nationalists back on numerous occassions.

Clearly the torie are in trouble , but its very telling how labour are just as despised and not seen as the answer. You are a large part of the problem , not the solution.

johnofgwent

Quote from: Good old on December 14, 2021, 03:50:45 PM
All very interesting John, but little  difference really. There are republicans hide in the Tory party. There could be a communist but extremely well disguised .  There are republicans in the Labour Party, and the odd committed communist.
Both parties have people who would not be fully loyal in certain given circumstances.That only reflects society in general.  But neither party is in fact not loyal . And that is what matters.

Ok

My problem, I think, is that Blair as well as Corbyn were known for republican sympathies and yet sat on the bloody privy council. As did Kim Howells the former Communist we know was found by the police shredding evidence for all he was worth after the killing of a certain taxi driver by pickets operating under his direction.

It doesn't really matter what the party say when the head of the outfit believes as they did.

And Blair's abuse of Perogative powers is legendary.
<t>In matters of taxation, Lord Clyde\'s summing up in the 1929 case Inland Revenue v Ayrshire Pullman Services is worth a glance.</t>

Good old

Quote from: johnofgwent on December 14, 2021, 03:08:41 PM
Well, yes, I often make the same point myself, that the original purpose of the Representation of The People Acts was to empower us as citizens to vote for members to go to Westminster and there govern or LOYALLY oppose said government to the best of their ability in line with their own best judgement and conscience in the name of their brittanic majesty ...

And Thatcher of course ROYALLY torpedoed herself right up the arse when she tried to take Clive Ponting to court for breach of the Official Secrets Acts when he gave details of which way a certain set of torpedoes were pointing NOT to an Australian rapist who neatly dodged justice by sitting in someone's embassy until the statute of limitations on the charges expired, but instead to the father of the house, long serving MP Tam Dalyell, who the courts decided - and in my opinion quite properly decided - had openly and honestly sworn the parliamentary oath of allegiance to her majesty to take his seat, receive his salary and serve his constituents, and was thus a suitably authorised individual under the section of the Official Secrets Acts in question to be a recipient of that information for the good of the realm.

The utter ballsup that Thatcher caused by trying to hang a charge of treason on Pontings shoulders was flushed away in a torrent of common sense and Thatcher was made to look a prize vindictive idiot.

And applying for clearance would never be the same again. It will be a cold day in hell before I ever need it again, so I feel quite justified in revealing the court verdict forced the authorities to demand all future applicants return a declaration that they were not now, nor had they ever been, a terrorist ! This was the only way, the MoD were told, they could act against treason and terrorism, to collect a signed declaration from OSA signees that they were not, so that when they were found to be such, they could be dragged to court for lying on the application form !!

But I digress, as I recollect those mirth ridden days, from the point

Which is that the labour party has long departed from that high moral ground.

They made three sworn republicans, one a f**king Communist party of Great Britain OFFICER, members of the f**king PRIVY Counsel......

All very interesting John, but little  difference really. There are republicans hide in the Tory party. There could be a communist but extremely well disguised .  There are republicans in the Labour Party, and the odd committed communist. 
Both parties have people who would not be fully loyal in certain given circumstances.That only reflects society in general.  But neither party is in fact not loyal . And that is what matters. 

johnofgwent

Quote from: Good old on December 14, 2021, 02:11:16 PM
That is so, but that red flag in Labour use has never been more than a Labour Party  flag.
The Tories if they have a flag don't use it at all often, no they prefer to parade behind the Union flag as if that is the Tory emblem. As I said the Labour Party head up HMs opposition , HMs opposition, they are just as loyal to HM and the flag of her realm as any one else that consistently wraps that flag around them. No harm in making that point now and again I think.

Well, yes, I often make the same point myself, that the original purpose of the Representation of The People Acts was to empower us as citizens to vote for members to go to Westminster and there govern or LOYALLY oppose said government to the best of their ability in line with their own best judgement and conscience in the name of their brittanic majesty ...

And Thatcher of course ROYALLY torpedoed herself right up the arse when she tried to take Clive Ponting to court for breach of the Official Secrets Acts when he gave details of which way a certain set of torpedoes were pointing NOT to an Australian rapist who neatly dodged justice by sitting in someone's embassy until the statute of limitations on the charges expired, but instead to the father of the house, long serving MP Tam Dalyell, who the courts decided - and in my opinion quite properly decided - had openly and honestly sworn the parliamentary oath of allegiance to her majesty to take his seat, receive his salary and serve his constituents, and was thus a suitably authorised individual under the section of the Official Secrets Acts in question to be a recipient of that information for the good of the realm.

The utter ballsup that Thatcher caused by trying to hang a charge of treason on Pontings shoulders was flushed away in a torrent of common sense and Thatcher was made to look a prize vindictive idiot.

And applying for clearance would never be the same again. It will be a cold day in hell before I ever need it again, so I feel quite justified in revealing the court verdict forced the authorities to demand all future applicants return a declaration that they were not now, nor had they ever been, a terrorist ! This was the only way, the MoD were told, they could act against treason and terrorism, to collect a signed declaration from OSA signees that they were not, so that when they were found to be such, they could be dragged to court for lying on the application form !!

But I digress, as I recollect those mirth ridden days, from the point

Which is that the labour party has long departed from that high moral ground.

They made three sworn republicans, one a fucking Communist party of Great Britain OFFICER, members of the fucking PRIVY Counsel......
<t>In matters of taxation, Lord Clyde\'s summing up in the 1929 case Inland Revenue v Ayrshire Pullman Services is worth a glance.</t>

Good old

Quote from: johnofgwent on December 14, 2021, 01:58:13 PM
Well, yes of course the Tories have used the flag for their own purposes since, well, forever. And who can forget the image of the Berk with the hair stuck on a zip line.....

But it's not a natural Labour party icon is it. Everyone knows their ideal flag colour is red .. Hell they even have a song about it....

That is so, but that red flag in Labour use has never been more than a Labour Party  flag.
The Tories if they have a flag don't use it at all often, no they prefer to parade behind the Union flag as if that is the Tory emblem. As I said the Labour Party head up HMs opposition , HMs opposition, they are just as loyal to HM and the flag of her realm as any one else that consistently wraps that flag around them. No harm in making that point now and again I think.

johnofgwent

There must be an awful lot of people with less than half a brain John, Boris, has been doing just that for years.
And surprise surprise wrapped himself in the Union flag to such a degree one would think he owned it.
That flag represents HMS realm, Kier, represents HMs opposition, not opposition to the flag ,and Boris, doesn't own it.

Well, yes of course the Tories have used the flag for their own purposes since, well, forever. And who can forget the image of the Berk with the hair stuck on a zip line.....

But it's not a natural Labour party icon is it. Everyone knows their ideal flag colour is red .. Hell they even have a song about it....

Good old

Quote from: Nick on December 14, 2021, 11:58:57 AM
Boris delivered what 17.4 million people voted for, something Labour did their best to scupper. They're going to have to do a lot more than wave a flag and play Jerusalem, especially after Adonis's revelation.

How long do you really think he can live on that dubious achievement. 16.2 mill didn't want Brexit and  only accepted they had to have it because that one issue was wrecking any possibility of service as normal.
As far as Boris,or his party are concerned, only making Brexit work will stop a movement of opinion swinging away from him having any credit for getting it .
As for Adonis, which of his many revelations do you want to draw attention to?

Nick

I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you.

Good old

Quote from: johnofgwent on December 14, 2021, 08:51:27 AM

In short, Starmer is saying anything he believes will get him votes and anyone with half a brain sees right through the spray paint.

The Union Flag must really piss him off

He would  much prefer a star of David for a start.

There must be an awful lot of people with less than half a brain John, Boris, has been doing just that for years. 

papasmurf

I am not happy with anyone who wraps themselves in the Union-Flag (I had to put a - or it turn into a smiley.) 
Nemini parco qui vivit in orbe

johnofgwent

I heard he was on TV and found some really interesting cobwebs in the living room to watch instead.

But I clicked your link to the guardian as Nd I agree the article from February does a rather good job.

In short, Starmer is saying anything he believes will get him votes and anyone with half a brain sees right through the spray paint.

The Union Flag must really piss him off

He would  much prefer a star of David for a start.

Thomas

I just watched a bit of starmers speech which was broadcast last night i believe . Interesting the response from the public across the interweb and the use of the union flag.

Chimes with what the guardian was reporting a  year ago.

Leak reveals Labour plan to focus on flag and patriotism to win back voters

Exclusive: leaked internal strategy presentation reveals plan to 'change the party's body language'
https://www.theguardian.com/politics/2021/feb/02/labour-urged-to-focus-on-flag-and-patriotism-to-win-voters-trust-leak-reveals

So yet again , labours big strategy is the re hash of the same strategy that has been failing them for the last 11 years out with the corbyn leadership.........trying to out tory the tories.

I cant believe the madness of this policy. Outwith the nub of the story about covid restrictions in england , its interesting the politics of using the union flag. Is there enough small c tory voters in England , who want to turn over brexit to make a difference and put starmer into office?

Im not sure.

Certainly he seems to be putting off a large part of the electroate , but of course its hard to tell just going by the daily gunk acorss the interweb and obviously opinion polls have moved more in his favour.

Certainly the labour goons across various sites seem to have crawled out the woodwork recently , and appear to be emboldened . Politics seems to have become interesting again.