Social Services fail again

Started by T00ts, December 14, 2021, 05:09:50 PM

« previous - next »

johnofgwent

Well, it seems we are about to be dragged into another case, in the street my daughter lives in. I suspect my other half may have a file on them already, but we shall see. Not sure how long it takes news like this to get out..... 
<t>In matters of taxation, Lord Clyde\'s summing up in the 1929 case Inland Revenue v Ayrshire Pullman Services is worth a glance.</t>

Streetwalker

Quote from: T00ts on December 15, 2021, 09:39:13 AM
Isn't this happening too much? Look at police actions over those poor girls groomed up North. Wasn't the same blind eye employed because of racism fears? There is a very real problem. Just saying 'lessons will be learned' is not going to cut it yet again. I read a comment yesterday from someone claiming to be in Social Services who said the focus of guidance even post Baby P and all the others is still to listen to the parents rather than look at the child. It beggars belief. Having said that in another case reported today several doctors ignored another small child covered in bruises, convinced that the injuries were natural. It seems that education has done away with common sense.
The problem is not listen to the parent rather than look at the child its looking at the parent , and if they are black , gay ,Muslim or Pikey the kid doesn't even get looked at properly .The relatives or extended family reporting abuse get filed at social services as troublemakers , racists or homophobes . Everything in fact is weighted in believing the parent .

Unless your a straight white couple , that story ends differently .   

T00ts

Quote from: Streetwalker on December 15, 2021, 09:24:47 AM
Looks like a clear case of social workers not wanting to be accused of discrimination being the primary goal rather than the protection of the child .
Too many people turned a blind eye but its not really a surprise ,Bradford (and they are not the only ones) have form in not protecting children at risk .
They should hang their heads in shame .
Isn't this happening too much? Look at police actions over those poor girls groomed up North. Wasn't the same blind eye employed because of racism fears? There is a very real problem. Just saying 'lessons will be learned' is not going to cut it yet again. I read a comment yesterday from someone claiming to be in Social Services who said the focus of guidance even post Baby P and all the others is still to listen to the parents rather than look at the child. It beggars belief. Having said that in another case reported today several doctors ignored another small child covered in bruises, convinced that the injuries were natural. It seems that education has done away with common sense.

Streetwalker

Quote from: T00ts on December 14, 2021, 05:09:50 PM
Again tears of combined sorrow and fury as news comes out of a little girl killed by her mother's girlfriend. Months of assaults and mental cruelty ending in her death at just 16 months. Yet social services visited several times and knew of the family, the last visit just a week or so before they killed her.

I know that many children are saved but there has to be something very wrong with this so called system. Is it the calibre of the people employed? Lack of basic common sense. Nil understanding of children or deceitful parents? What lessons are these people not learning. I despair.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-10293155/Mother-20-female-lover-28-guilty-death-16-month-old-daughter.html
Looks like a clear case of social workers not wanting to be accused of discrimination being the primary goal rather than the protection of the child .
Too many people turned a blind eye but its not really a surprise ,Bradford (and they are not the only ones) have form in not protecting children at risk .
They should hang their heads in shame .

Good old

Quote from: T00ts on December 14, 2021, 05:09:50 PM
Again tears of combined sorrow and fury as news comes out of a little girl killed by her mother's girlfriend. Months of assaults and mental cruelty ending in her death at just 16 months. Yet social services visited several times and knew of the family, the last visit just a week or so before they killed her.

I know that many children are saved but there has to be something very wrong with this so called system. Is it the calibre of the people employed? Lack of basic common sense. Nil understanding of children or deceitful parents? What lessons are these people not learning. I despair.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-10293155/Mother-20-female-lover-28-guilty-death-16-month-old-daughter.html

Concern is absolutely justified , we need the system and the people in it to work much better, considering what they are up against.
What are they up against though ? Well for start , it would be a help if the powers that be and have been for quiet some time now were to become far more concerned about how we find it so easy to keep producing the morons that can treat children, any children but particularly in many cases their own , in this barbaric way . 
It wouldn't matter how many social workers we employ some cases would slip through , but reducing those numbers by significant amounts in recent times does not help if it's merely policing the situation that concerns us.

T00ts

Again tears of combined sorrow and fury as news comes out of a little girl killed by her mother's girlfriend. Months of assaults and mental cruelty ending in her death at just 16 months. Yet social services visited several times and knew of the family, the last visit just a week or so before they killed her. 

I know that many children are saved but there has to be something very wrong with this so called system. Is it the calibre of the people employed? Lack of basic common sense. Nil understanding of children or deceitful parents?  What lessons are these people not learning. I despair.