A Salop in the face for Boris

Started by cromwell, December 17, 2021, 07:23:42 AM

« previous - next »

Good old

Quote from: cromwell on December 17, 2021, 08:21:11 AM
Yes indeed the fact Starmer couldn't capitalise on Tory woes shows the state the two party politics is in.

Where from here? God knows,Boris is toast labour are well labouring to make any headway and the Dims are dreaming of another breakthrough.

Meanwhile the electorate look to make the best of crimbo and see what the new year brings.
The sort of Tories that made that seat a Tory one for almost two hundred years , would never vote Labour. Yes the result could be seen as a condemnation of both main parties. But only one suffered an over 30% swing.
The moment it was realised the Libs could do this , a large number of the Labour vote were always going to do a ,Smurf, and back the Liberal up. That accounts for at least a percentage of loss in the Labour vote.
What this shows is the only real chance for shifting the Tories is a coalition of politics containing a small c.
Once more we see the potential for coalition being the biggest threat to the Tories, because Labour could never win a seat like Shropshire, but they could regain much of the traditional Labour areas, and marginals.
What this vote says most is people will not accept rank bad government from any quarter.
And no Thomas , I have not said only two party politics. I have said coalition, several times, and I am saying it again , that means more a broader range of parties involved.

Sheepy

Quote from: Thomas on December 17, 2021, 08:11:53 AM
outwith liberal and remainer la la land  , we all know it was a massive protest vote against the two main parties cromwell.

Hopefuly the remainers start crowing , it should serve to harden resolve to stay out of the eu at the next election.

.....but starmer......lmfao. Pm in wating they said. The country longs for a return to blairism they said.

Im sure good old will be along to spin a yarn any moment about why labour failed to capitalise on the tories bad fortune.;D

Keir starmer is the type who would take a penalty kick and balloon it over the bar while the goalie went for a piss.
They voted Westminster party I guess then, I never even bothered getting involved in all the hype. 
Just because I don't say anything, it doesn't mean I haven't noticed!

Thomas

Quote from: cromwell on December 17, 2021, 08:23:04 AM
Brilliant Thomas,Starmer going to merge with the greens.
lol , labour slogging it out same as scotland for fourth place with the greens.

am choking to hear good olds spin on the matter. Rememebr , he was crowing we had to stick with two party fptp politcs , and labour were the only alternative. Seems no one is listening.

Theres only so far" holding your nose to keep the opposition out race to the bottom" voting can take uk politics. the result of years of this type of voting is staring us all in the face with 650 clueless muppets benchwarmng seats in westmidden.
An Fhirinn an aghaidh an t-Saoghail!

Thomas

Quote from: cromwell on December 17, 2021, 08:21:11 AM
Yes indeed the fact Starmer couldn't capitalise on Tory woes shows the state the two party politics is in.

Where from here? God knows,Boris is toast labour are well labouring to make any headway and the Dims are dreaming of another breakthrough.

Meanwhile the electorate look to make the best of crimbo and see what the new year brings.
Yep dumb and dumber , and it seems the english are starting toget really pissed off with them , especially the talentless policyless excuse for an opposition that is basically arm in arm with this inept tory government on so many issues outwith brexit.

Keep voting against them and they will start getting the message.

cromwell

Energy....secure and affordable,not that hard is it?

cromwell

Thomas

Thomas

Quote from: cromwell on December 17, 2021, 08:07:43 AM
Yes brexit wars episode IV A New Hope

Young Jedim leader Ed Davey ( or is it Divvy) will see this as previous hopefuls did a return to the eu and princess von der liar.
outwith liberal and remainer la la land  , we all know it was a massive protest vote against the two main parties cromwell.

Hopefuly the remainers start crowing , it should serve to harden resolve to stay out of the eu at the next election.

.....but starmer......lmfao. Pm in wating they said. The country longs for a return to blairism they said.

Im sure good old will be along to spin a yarn any moment about why labour failed to capitalise on the tories bad fortune.;D

Keir starmer is the type who would take a penalty kick and balloon it over the bar while the goalie went for a piss.

cromwell

Yes brexit wars episode IV A New Hope

Young Jedim leader Ed Davey ( or is it Divvy) will see this as previous hopefuls did a return to the eu and princess von der liar.

Thomas

Quote from: Borchester on December 17, 2021, 07:33:01 AM
Blimey, that was a turn up for the books.

I thought that the Tories would get a hiding, but not a kicking such as this.

Bad news for Bojo, but at least it brings a certain level of interest back to UK politics
just saw this as i started a thread on the news section about it .

Both main parties took a kicking.

Thomas

North Shropshire: Helen Morgan tells Boris Johnson the Conservative party is 'over' and 'run on lies and bluster'

https://www.gbnews.uk/news/north-shropshire-helen-morgan-tells-boris-johnson-the-conservative-party-is-over-and-run-on-lies-and-bluster/184650

Interesting to see the tories have lost the north shropshire by election , a seat in englandshire they have held for over a 100 years i believe.

Quack quack will be pleased his liberals took it , and of course remainers will be crowing about rejoining.

Reading between the lines , it does seem to be a protest vote against both main parties , laughing labours vote dropped like a stone too going down by 9000 votes.

The english dont seem to be too happy with the main two parties , and once again the cosy fptp two party stitch up appears to be in tatters.

If this carries on , the next ukge will be a right dogs dinner.

Borchester

Quote from: cromwell on December 17, 2021, 07:23:42 AM
As the lib dims win the by election

https://www.bbc.com/news/live/uk-politics-59687316

Blimey, that was a turn up for the books.

I thought that the Tories would get a hiding, but not a kicking such as this.

Bad news for Bojo, but at least it brings a certain level of interest back to UK politics
Algerie Francais !

cromwell