Channel 4 tonight 19:30

Started by cromwell, December 17, 2021, 07:07:18 PM

« previous - next »

Nick

Quote from: papasmurf on December 20, 2021, 04:17:15 PM
I do know that and it is peanuts compared the amount of benefits, [highlight]it is also peanuts when compared to the mega tax evasion by the filthy rich and the very spurious tax avoidance.[/highlight] Which I why I can never understand why rabid right wingers and gobby pub professors get their underwear in a wedgie about it.
The Channel 4 program is available here:-

https://www.channel4.com/programmes/truth-about-disability-benefits-dispatches

I watched it and it had nothing to do with fraud, there were a few sad cases of the DWP contractors getting it wrong, but that is not the truth, it's just a tiny slice.

You have no proof about tax evasion, if you have it's your duty to go to the police. I look forward to seeing you in the news on the wrong end of a libel case, or are you going to use your lawyer who never loses? :)

The fact remaining £1.3bn is taken from the DWP by fraudulent claims every year, a figure you say is nothing. A figure that is £100 million more than the council budgets in the whole of Cornwall 2021. But don't worry about it, it's your mates that are taking it and not the filthy rich so it's OK with you.
I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you.

Nick

Quote from: srb7677 on December 20, 2021, 10:07:49 PMMy best friend currently works for the DWP processing Universal Credit claims

You expect that people just offer up names do you?
£1.3bn in fraud but you believe it is inconceivable that people actually know someone on the fiddle and that they speak about it? Did you come down in the last rain shower?
There was a massive bank job done, I think in Preston, they got caught cause they couldn't keep their gobs shut down the pub. Once the reward was advertised their mates down the pub soon started to sing.

We were talking about DLA not UC, I assume you don't have to prove you're actively looking for a job on DLA.

srb7677

It is always notable that those who are most insistent upon nearly every benefit cllaim being fraudulent almost never have any reliable evidence beyond two or three people they claim to know but of whose actual existence we are expected to take their words for. And such anecdotal persons always seem to have a penchent for boasting about their fraudulent claims to the very kind of people who would be certain to dob them in. ;D

I am sorry but this is most unconvincing, and tends to reek of manufactured or distorted anecdotes designed to support a desired bigotted assumption, in the absence of convincing evidence of course.

My best friend currently works for the DWP processing Universal Credit claims, and the criteria for eligibility are strictly enforced, and for those who work less than 16 hours a week proof of active jobseeking is required, with a sanctions regime imposed by government which staff have to follow in order to enforce compliance.
We are not all in the same boat. We are in the same storm. Some of us have yachts. Some of us have canoes. Some of us are drowning.

Nick

Quote from: papasmurf on December 20, 2021, 04:17:15 PM
I do know that and it is peanuts compared the amount of benefits, it is also peanuts when compared to the mega tax evasion by the filthy rich and the very spurious tax avoidance. Which I why I can never understand why rabid right wingers and gobby pub professors get their underwear in a wedgie about it.

It works out £1400 each based on 10% fraud and seeing as you say the percentage is minuscule they must be defrauding massive amounts.

So let's put it on record that Pappy is happy with people cheating £1.3bn out of the system. As someone who has never been paid a penny in benefits I'm not. 

papasmurf

Quote from: Nick on December 20, 2021, 03:17:13 PM
Benefit fraud in the U.K. at record level in 2021, up to £1.3bn, but you'd know that if you looked at the figures. I've never stated I know anything about DLA, but I know people who have been defrauding it for decades.

As for watching the CH 4 program, it was not available on Friday night, I will watch it tonight.
I do know that and it is peanuts compared the amount of benefits, it is also peanuts when compared to the mega tax evasion by the filthy rich and the very spurious tax avoidance. Which I why I can never understand why rabid right wingers and gobby pub professors get their underwear in a wedgie about it.

Nemini parco qui vivit in orbe

Nick

Quote from: papasmurf on December 20, 2021, 09:23:33 AM
My views are not proved wrong, you anecdotal ones just do not extrapolate to the national situation. Your personal experience of a trip to Cornwall did not reflect widely reported and evidenced actuality.
If you know people are defrauding the DWP you should report it, but not anonymously so the accused can sue you if you are wrong.
(You have already shown you know zero about DLA. Which is being replaced by PIP. Both of which are in work and out of work benefits.)
It is you who needs to provide evidence not anecdote. I assume you did not bother to watch the Channel 4 program.
Benefit fraud in the U.K. at record level in 2021, up to £1.3bn, but you'd know that if you looked at the figures. I've never stated I know anything about DLA, but I know people who have been defrauding it for decades. 

As for watching the CH 4 program, it was not available on Friday night, I will watch it tonight. 

papasmurf

Quote from: Borchester on December 20, 2021, 10:42:15 AMI suppose it is only a matter of time before the Roma start replacing their plastic cups with chip and pin readers
Personally I have never seen Roma begging. Shoplifting, thieving, pick pocketing, flogging off "gold" trinkets made out of brass, yes, but not begging.

Borchester

Quote from: cromwell on December 17, 2021, 11:33:49 PM
Maybe there is but figures show they are in a tiny minority,you knowing a handful of people does not constitute wholesale fraud.

The thing is Ollie, most of the figures are bollocks. I know this because I have helped to compile them. In that it is a problem (which it ain't), there are plenty of folk defrauding the system because they don't really want that much. I am about to load the electric chariot up with Thatcher's Gold and a few tenners and head for the allotment. I shall then set out the first and wave the second to attract the attention of a couple of layabouts who have been on the dole since Elizabeth I introduced her Poor Laws in 1601 (and who were probably mooching around the monasteries with their hands out a hundred years before) and let them supplement such largess as they receive from the DHS or whatever it is called these days.

Anyway, the bottom line is that neither are ever going to be brain surgeons, so they are not much lose to the economy, they don't cost much to maintain and if their dole was ever stopped it is a racing certainty that none of the money would come back to me.

In passing, I usually give all my change to the local beggars because I am wonderfully kindhearted and because the coins make holes in my pockets. But since this foolishness over the flu started I haven't had any because I have been using my card, so I suppose it is only a matter of time before the Roma start replacing their plastic cups with chip and pin readers
Algerie Francais !

papasmurf

Quote from: Nick on December 20, 2021, 09:13:26 AM
Frankly your personal views mean zero as they are proved wrong every time. From empty shelves and carnage in Cornwall to DLA.
Perhaps if one day you actually bring some evidence to the debate you might get some respect, until that day it's all just hot air.
My views are not proved wrong, you anecdotal ones just do not extrapolate to the national situation. Your personal experience of a trip to Cornwall did not reflect widely reported and evidenced actuality.
If you know people are defrauding the DWP you should report it, but not anonymously so the accused can sue you if you are wrong.
(You have already shown you know zero about DLA. Which is being replaced by PIP. Both of which are in work and out of work benefits.)
It is you who needs to provide evidence not anecdote. I assume you did not bother to watch the Channel 4 program.

Nick

Quote from: papasmurf on December 20, 2021, 07:12:46 AM
DLA is an in work benefit as well as an out of work benefit, so yet again Nick you are showing your ignorance. Frankly no-one who is a fraud will boast about it, because they will get reported with anyone who was within hearing when they stated it.
There are also frequent checks and retests.
I am beginning to think you are one of the Tory propaganda plants on social forums.
Frankly your personal views mean zero as they are proved wrong every time. From empty shelves and carnage in Cornwall to DLA. 
Perhaps if one day you actually bring some evidence to the debate you might get some respect, until that day it's all just hot air. 

papasmurf

Quote from: Nick on December 20, 2021, 06:04:38 AM
I've only ever know 3 people on DLA and all three of them were able to work, they openly admitted they were swinging the lead. The fraud runs into hundreds of millions, that isn't a few.
DLA is an in work benefit as well as an out of work benefit, so yet again Nick you are showing your ignorance. Frankly no-one who is a fraud will boast about it, because they will get reported with anyone who was within hearing when they stated it.
There are also frequent checks and retests.
I am beginning to think you are one of the Tory propaganda plants on social forums.

Nick

Quote from: papasmurf on December 19, 2021, 12:01:05 PM
You problem is Nick is you only THINK they are frauds, because you are in total ignorance of their personal circumstances.
People like you who assume out of ignorance of how the benefits system works that there are vast numbers of fraudulent disabled benefit claimants are a large part of the problem causing the hostile environment towards disabled people.
Frankly you ought to be ashamed of yourself.
Part of the problem with the introduction of Universal Credit is Iain Duncan Smith belied his own propaganda that that there were 1 million frauds on disability benefits and getting them into work would fund UC.
He had to admit that despite the hostile environment, that there were few frauds.
I've only ever know 3 people on DLA and all three of them were able to work, they openly admitted they were swinging the lead. The fraud runs into hundreds of millions, that isn't a few. 

papasmurf

Quote from: Nick on December 17, 2021, 08:59:13 PM
The truth that there are disabled people collecting this benefit or like some I know, haven't worked for 35 years and have a full gym membership!!

You problem is Nick is you only THINK they are frauds, because you are in total ignorance of their personal circumstances.
People like you who assume out of ignorance of how the benefits system works that there are vast numbers of fraudulent disabled benefit claimants are a large part of the problem causing the hostile environment towards disabled people.
Frankly you ought to be ashamed of yourself.
Part of the problem with the introduction of Universal Credit is Iain Duncan Smith belied his own propaganda that that there were 1 million frauds on disability benefits and getting them into work would fund UC.
He had to admit that despite the hostile environment, that there were few frauds.

cromwell

Quote from: Nick on December 18, 2021, 03:31:37 AM
Obviously it does, that's why it is fraud. If the figures showed the real extent of the fraud then it wouldn't exist as it would be closed down.
Conspiracy theory?
Show the proof.
Energy....secure and affordable,not that hard is it?

Nick

Quote from: cromwell on December 17, 2021, 11:33:49 PMMaybe there is but figures show they are in a tiny minority
Obviously it does, that's why it is fraud. If the figures showed the real extent of the fraud then it wouldn't exist as it would be closed down.