Sadly or triumphantly?

Started by Barry, December 18, 2021, 02:28:31 PM

« previous - next »

Barry

Quote from: johnofgwent on December 19, 2021, 12:30:04 PM
https://www.walesonline.co.uk/news/wales-news/double-murderer-died-covid-behind-22505376

Apparently it is a matter for serious review of procedure when a man who was imprisoned for murder, released on licence and then within weeks of release kills again in the same manner and for the same reason dies of Covid.

Why for f**ks sake. I call it a cause for celebration. And on Christmas Eve too. If that isnlt proof there is a god and a santa claus
Can't argue with that. Good riddance. If he had been hung in the first place, his second victim would still be around.
† The end is nigh †

johnofgwent

https://www.walesonline.co.uk/news/wales-news/double-murderer-died-covid-behind-22505376

Apparently it is a matter for serious review of procedure when a man who was imprisoned for murder, released on licence and then within weeks of release kills again in the same manner and for the same reason dies of Covid.

Why for fucks sake. I call it a cause for celebration. And on Christmas Eve too. If that isnlt proof there is a god and a santa claus
<t>In matters of taxation, Lord Clyde\'s summing up in the 1929 case Inland Revenue v Ayrshire Pullman Services is worth a glance.</t>

papasmurf

Quote from: Barry on December 18, 2021, 02:28:31 PM
For some time now, the authorities have been unable to say that someone has passed away, passed on, left the mortal coil, popped their clogs, gone to meet their maker, curled up their toes, fell off the perch or otherwise stopped breathing, without the use of the word SADLY.
Sadly died.
Sadly passed, etc.

I prefer carked it.
Nemini parco qui vivit in orbe

johnofgwent

Given the rather dodgy things I used to get up to, I used to say the first person who said "he died doing what he loved" was going to be disinherited.

<t>In matters of taxation, Lord Clyde\'s summing up in the 1929 case Inland Revenue v Ayrshire Pullman Services is worth a glance.</t>

Streetwalker

The Salvation Army used to bring the War Cry round the pub years ago , in it would be list of those ''Promoted to Heaven'' that week . As good a way to put it as any I guess . 

T00ts

Quote from: Barry on December 18, 2021, 02:28:31 PM
For some time now, the authorities have been unable to say that someone has passed away, passed on, left the mortal coil, popped their clogs, gone to meet their maker, curled up their toes, fell off the perch or otherwise stopped breathing, without the use of the word SADLY.
Sadly died.
Sadly passed, etc.

Now, I know I'm not the most eloquent poster on this forum and sometimes struggle to get what is in my head into print, so don't think I am being disrespectful, but when I pop my clogs, I won't have died sadly. I will have died triumphantly. That is based on my faith which says my days are numbered and when I'm gone I will be better off.

OK, back to the Police, ambulance, government, NHS who will sadly continue using SADLY.
I can see the reason for this. They think it gives them some semblance of respect and caring, although they personally probably couldn't give a flying one. It has become a literary ritual which they find necessary.

So, when I'm gone, have a party. A positive party looking ahead to the future, because it was always going to be this way.
For once we agree. I will be loathe to leave my family here particularly knowing the future they will face but goodness me I really look forward to seeing those who have gone before me. It will certainly be joyous. The sadness is for those left behind. Isn't that simply natural? 
Even with my outlook I grieved hard for my husband and admit it took many years before I could look forward. When I lost my parents it was devastating. It is a mark of respect for the lives they have lived, but for those who have gone on then there is a lot of joy with perhaps just a little sadness for those still here too. Separation from those we love is always hard no matter the circumstances.

Barry

Sadly died.
Sadly passed, etc.

Now, I know I'm not the most eloquent poster on this forum and sometimes struggle to get what is in my head into print, so don't think I am being disrespectful, but when I pop my clogs, I won't have died sadly. I will have died triumphantly. That is based on my faith which says my days are numbered and when I'm gone I will be better off.

OK, back to the Police, ambulance, government, NHS who will sadly continue using SADLY.
I can see the reason for this. They think it gives them some semblance of respect and caring, although they personally probably couldn't give a flying one. It has become a literary ritual which they find necessary.

So, when I'm gone, have a party. A positive party looking ahead to the future, because it was always going to be this way.
† The end is nigh †