Lord Frost walks out

Started by Streetwalker, December 18, 2021, 08:06:49 PM

« previous - next »

Sheepy

Quote from: HDQQ on December 19, 2021, 08:58:45 AM
What's the benefit to the UK of 'no deal'?

Nobody voted for 'no deal', it was never put to the vote. With each day that passes, Britain is getting weaker.

We've taken back control but now we're out of control.
In what way out of control Ducky? whose control are we missing out on? 
Just because I don't say anything, it doesn't mean I haven't noticed!

HDQQ

Quote from: HallowedBrexit on December 19, 2021, 08:35:05 AM
Surely what's needed now is no deal. Union Flag

This is what was voted for and this is what we need to make Britain a global superpower again. 

It's time to take back control.
What's the benefit to the UK of 'no deal'?

Nobody voted for 'no deal', it was never put to the vote. With each day that passes, Britain is getting weaker. It's more a question of whether Britain can hold itself together than becoming a global superpower again.

The control we've 'taken back' is control we had all along - but now we're out of control.
Formerly known as Hyperduck Quack Quack.
I might not be an expert but I do know enough to correct you when you're wrong!

Sheepy

Would this be the same Lord Frost who was put up as the great negotiator who found out you cannot negotiate with the EU as they are firm believers in their own carp?  
Just because I don't say anything, it doesn't mean I haven't noticed!

HDQQ

The last few days has seen the spotlight on Boris Johnson's future but this walk-out is more, it signals uncertainty over the future of the Conservative Party. Despite all the damage Johnson's done to our country by backing Brexit for reasons of personal ambition, he's seen as 'left-wing' by many Tories on the right of the party. The right-wing of the Tory Party must be pretty unpalatable to many moderate Tories, while the 'left' of the party, represented by Johnson, is characterised by boolsheet, incompetence and personal hypocrisy. A split in the parliamentary Conservative Party is at least on the radar now, especially with the apparent resurgence of the Lib Dems as mid-term protest refuge.

Of course, any potential split in the Tory Party will also play into the hands of the appalling Farage, whose Reform Party will be after the low-hanging fruit of the Tory Right.

Formerly known as Hyperduck Quack Quack.
I might not be an expert but I do know enough to correct you when you're wrong!

HallowedBrexit

Surely what's needed now is no deal. Union Flag

This is what was voted for and this is what we need to make Britain a global superpower again.

It's time to take back control.

Thomas

Lord Frost: Britain needs low taxes and no vaccine passports

We didn't leave the EU only to adopt the high-tax, high-regulation European model

Lord Frost, Boris Johnson's Brexit minister and one of his closest allies, has resigned in protest at the 'direction' of the government. He has been making his discomfiture clear for a while, most recently in this speech to the Centre for Policy Studies where he said he believed in low tax (Johnson is raising tax) and no vaccine passports (Johnson forced them through with Labour votes last week). Invoking Margaret Thatcher's Bruges speech he said – in a clear warning to the Prime Minister – 'We have not successfully rolled back the frontiers of the European Union from Britain with Brexit, only to import that European model after all this time'. Here is an extract from the speech:

https://www.spectator.co.uk/article/lord-frost-my-britain-is-country-with-no-mask-rules---and-no-vaccine-passports

An Fhirinn an aghaidh an t-Saoghail!

Thomas

Quote from: cromwell on December 18, 2021, 11:15:52 PM
Well funnily enough Borky a few years back on a predecessor to this I said we needed to beware of Russia they were on the rise and would ally once again with China.......only this time they would be the junior partner.

All to a lot of laughter and how Russia was just a broken down wreck with rusting outdated equipment humbled and reliant on the west.

I hope I'm wrong,but you call cliche all you like this could all go badly wrong.
Sorry cromwell , i have to agree with borkie , im not sure this is the time to trot out once again the fear of the putin bogeyman.

Our bestest bestest bestest friends in the whole wide world , sleep joe and his democrat party are the ones who have made a veiled threat to the uk over northern ireland  , not vlad putin.

Vlad putin isnt the one running around europe imposing the hated climate change philosophy and carbon taxes , forcing us all to wear face nappies and have mandatory jabs while taking away freedoms .

Putin isnt the one trying to drag the uk back into the eu , and siding with the eu on every measure.

Yours........

Vasily mactavish.

An Fhirinn an aghaidh an t-Saoghail!

Borchester

Quote from: cromwell on December 18, 2021, 11:15:52 PM
Well funnily enough Borky a few years back on a predecessor to this I said we needed to beware of Russia they were on the rise and would ally once again with China.......only this time they would be the junior partner.

All to a lot of laughter and how Russia was just a broken down wreck with rusting outdated equipment humbled and reliant on the west.

I hope I'm wrong,but you call cliche all you like this could all go badly wrong.

Well there you are Ollie. I dare say that even as we speak Vladimir Putin is oiling his mosin and dreaming of marching down Whitehall with snow on his boots, while Xi Pinjing is going to place an embargo on our Chinese fried rice supplies. That said, I think we should stick a pin in those matters and concentrate on the main problem i.e stopping any attempt to reverse Brexit, which is what appears to be worrying Lord Frost. And I imagine a lot of other posters.
Algerie Francais !

cromwell

Quote from: Borchester on December 18, 2021, 10:02:45 PM
No we ain't.

With all due respect, the only cliche Toots has missed out is don't look at the girls knees in church.

There is nothing new in a bit of the flu, taxes, debt, the threat of Russia and China, the middle East or even the poor little cow in an Iranian jail. The only novel feature is Brexit and if the next PM concentrates on Brexit rather than the fact that the sun might actually shine in Glasgow, then we will all be better off.
Well funnily enough Borky a few years back on a predecessor to this I said we needed to beware of Russia they were on the rise and would ally once again with China.......only this time they would be the junior partner.

All to a lot of laughter and how Russia was just a broken down wreck with rusting outdated equipment humbled and reliant on the west.

I hope I'm wrong,but you call cliche all you like this could all go badly wrong.

Energy....secure and affordable,not that hard is it?

johnofgwent

Quote from: Thomas on December 18, 2021, 08:24:44 PM
What is going on across the world at the minute. ?

Just a thought.

Here we have a minister in a government who, it seems, fundamentally disagrees with the prime minister over a matter of policy.

Now it used to be that a minister in that position would issue a declaration that they regretted they could no longer continue to serve in the cabinet, and their decision was accepted with outward regret.

Because any other outward course would bring down the whole house of cards.

So before I don a porton down suit and go shovelling
In the cesspit / midden, I seek to know ...

Is this in fact little more than such a resignation of a man of honour no longer able to accede to the collective decision
<t>In matters of taxation, Lord Clyde\'s summing up in the 1929 case Inland Revenue v Ayrshire Pullman Services is worth a glance.</t>

Borchester

Quote from: cromwell on December 18, 2021, 09:20:54 PM
Yes indeed,we are at a cross roads.

No we ain't.

With all due respect, the only cliche Toots has missed out is don't look at the girls knees in church.

There is nothing new in a bit of the flu, taxes, debt, the threat of Russia and China, the middle East or even the poor little cow in an Iranian jail. The only novel feature is Brexit and if the next PM concentrates on Brexit rather than the fact that the sun might actually shine in Glasgow, then we will all be better off.

Algerie Francais !

cromwell

Quote from: T00ts on December 18, 2021, 08:53:00 PM
Forget that I am a Conservative. I think this is one of the most serious political situations I can remember. Much as I have searched I still cannot see anyone with the stature anywhere - forget the political shade - who could take this country forward. We are in a state of flux on just about every front  from climate, Brexit, Covid, taxes, debt, the threat of Russia and China, the middle East even the poor woman held in Iran for so many years.

I see no obvious answer. One thing is for sure that this country has dillied and dallied over the past few years since the referendum, kicking every can it can to avoid upsetting anyone and taking control. We already have people on the streets regularly and as a nation we are totally out of control with no real sense of direction. It simply cannot be allowed to go on.

Into a void like this there could arise the very worst kind of leader.
Yes indeed,we are at a cross roads.
Energy....secure and affordable,not that hard is it?

Borchester

Quote from: Thomas on December 18, 2021, 08:36:31 PM

I see ruth davidson yet again  , no friend of bojo as we know and pro european is out attacking him once more , saying the tories want a more sober serious pm and that one more strike and hes out.

About the only thing Boris has on his side is the thought that Ruth Davidson ain't. F@@@ Bojo. I don't know what he is up to, but this is the third Christmas he has canceled. The UK needs a PM, not a frightened old woman running around with Nightnurse and Lemsip.
Algerie Francais !

T00ts

Forget that I am a Conservative. I think this is one of the most serious political situations I can remember. Much as I have searched I still cannot see anyone with the stature anywhere - forget the political shade - who could take this country forward. We are in a state of flux on just about every front  from climate, Brexit, Covid, taxes, debt, the threat of Russia and China, the middle East even the poor woman held in Iran for so many years.

I see no obvious answer. One thing is for sure that this country has dillied and dallied over the past few years since the referendum, kicking every can it can to avoid upsetting anyone and taking control. We already have people on the streets regularly and as a nation we are totally out of control with no real sense of direction. It simply cannot be allowed to go on.

Into a void like this there could arise the very worst kind of leader.