Lord Frost walks out

Started by Streetwalker, December 18, 2021, 08:06:49 PM

« previous - next »

johnofgwent

A little something I tripped over ...

Looks like the Tories are picky about which Tory ministers they allow in their whinge groups 
<t>In matters of taxation, Lord Clyde\'s summing up in the 1929 case Inland Revenue v Ayrshire Pullman Services is worth a glance.</t>

Streetwalker

Quote from: Good old on December 20, 2021, 02:14:37 PM
Is'nt that what Nigel, actually hoped for when he established UKIP, as a possibly viable electoral proposition..
One or two burnt their boats and jumped. The rest I think have always been much more interested in taking the Tory party over. Where they and their true ideas could gain the most.
Indeed I think us Kippers at the time hoped  that those on the right of the Tory party would be true to their political beliefs ,leave the Tories and join the Party they would be more in tune with . Unfortunately we didn't take into consideration that a life time job in a safe seat was what interested them most and we had to plough on with inexperienced  people in charge .

The right of the tory party have made little inroads in recent years ,indeed its the social democrats who have called the tune . The right are pretenders , all talk and no trousers who had their chance and looked the other way . 

Never trust a Tory .  Not even the likes of Lord Frost  who has abandoned ship because he didn't like smell coming from the captains cabin 

Good old

Quote from: Streetwalker on December 19, 2021, 10:55:26 AM

So will the right wing of the party finally do what they should have done in the last century and break away from the Europhilic  social democrats that have led the party since the 1980's ?

I hope so ,the Tory party as we know it would be finished and I dont think there would be many tears over that from anyone but themselves .

Is'nt that what Nigel, actually hoped for when he established UKIP, as a possibly viable electoral proposition..
One or two burnt their boats and jumped. The rest I think have always been much more interested in taking the Tory party over. Where they and their true ideas could gain the most.

Borchester

Quote from: Streetwalker on December 19, 2021, 11:24:11 AM
Wishful thinking has proved a decent tactic in the past :D

I believe grassroots Tories would leave in numbers if there was a credible alternative

Even Nigel is beginning to look attractive.

Algerie Francais !

Barry

† The end is nigh †

Sheepy

Quote from: Streetwalker on December 19, 2021, 11:26:34 AM
No , what you have done is delayed our freedom of choice
The worst case of reverse psychology I have heard for a while, you don't allow your freedoms to be taken under the guise you are actually getting them back. You chose your path. At least be big enough and admit you were easily fooled. But I bet you don't even at this stage of proceedings.  
Just because I don't say anything, it doesn't mean I haven't noticed!

Streetwalker

Quote from: Sheepy on December 19, 2021, 11:07:19 AM
There are only two people on this board who have fought tooth and nail for your freedom of choice, whereas the rest of you were the lemmings.
No , what you have done is delayed our freedom of choice 

Streetwalker

Quote from: Barry on December 19, 2021, 11:03:29 AM
It would be wishful thinking. Those "rebels" who stood up for your freedoms at the recent vaccine pass and sack NHS workers vote, are the very people who you are describing as on the right of the Tory party. They are the ones who would get Brexit done.
They are in the minority. Only 100 of them out of 360.

The right wing, therefore, will get no such chance. The wets will take over and I see a very frustrating period ahead for true Tories, whatever they are these days.
Wishful thinking has proved a decent tactic in the past :D 

I believe grassroots Tories would leave in numbers if there was a credible alternative 

Sheepy

Quote from: cromwell on December 19, 2021, 11:10:26 AM
Award yourself a medal.
I have told you all before, nobody gets a medal, just the ability to rise above it, which most don't have. 

cromwell

Energy....secure and affordable,not that hard is it?

Sheepy

There are only two people on this board who have fought tooth and nail for your freedom of choice, whereas the rest of you were the lemmings. 

Barry

Quote from: Streetwalker on December 19, 2021, 10:55:26 AM
Nothing has really changed since ,the Tories have failed to get Brexit done .

So will the right wing of the party finally do what they should have done in the last century and break away from the Europhilic  social democrats that have led the party since the 1980's ?

I hope so ,the Tory party as we know it would be finished and I dont think there would be many tears over that from anyone but themselves .
It would be wishful thinking. Those "rebels" who stood up for your freedoms at the recent vaccine pass and sack NHS workers vote, are the very people who you are describing as on the right of the Tory party. They are the ones who would get Brexit done.
They are in the minority. Only 100 of them out of 360.

The right wing, therefore, will get no such chance. The wets will take over and I see a very frustrating period ahead for true Tories, whatever they are these days.
† The end is nigh †

Streetwalker

Quote from: HDQQ on December 19, 2021, 09:27:32 AM
It's the right-wingers who have politicised covid by taking a tough-guy stance and sneering at 'sissies' who approve of restrictions. They are the ones who've driven the anti-vaxxer movement - together with a few misguided left-wing conspiracy theorists and a cohort of big babies who are terrified of needles.

I am a Europhile and proud to be, so I don't have much time for Little Englanders and if I make them go puce in the face and puffing with rage it's like water off a duck's back.
I would agree that the right wing are those who are questioning restrictions placed on society . Liberty ,economic freedoms and  free trade are core beliefs that have been under attack from Government . 
Before the Vaccine I would have agreed that some restrictions were necessary but with it came freedom . Far from being anti vax the right welcome it . I personally dont know any right wingers (there are many) that have not been fully vaccinated  ,it should have taken the government out of making decisions for us and given  freedom of choice on the matter .

All the anti vax movement has done is given Government more control over us , that left wing thinking not right . 

Lord Frost may have been pushed over the edge by the proposed covid measures but I believe his main bone of contention is that he was not allowed to do his duty with regard Brexit . (invoking art 16)

David Davis on resigning in July 2018 after being put in a straightjacket  by Theresa May said he didn't believe he could get the Brexit people wanted and that we were giving away too much .

Nothing has really changed since ,the Tories have failed to get Brexit done .

Borchester

Quote from: cromwell on December 19, 2021, 10:20:04 AM
Yeah we should tell them to sod off but we are in a funny old situation where too many in the Westminster bubble wouldn't dream of saying that,they don't and did subscribe to brexit which is why we are where we are.

Britains got talent.......probably but in the political world it is well hidden.

It seems to be a strengthening of if the Tory right and I can't see that doing much good for Starmer or the Lib Dems. Evidence of this is Sajid Javid's suggestion that we need more Covid 19 regulations. Whatever happens, that lad always manages to be out of step and whatever direction he is going in, the rest of the party is heading somewhere else.
Algerie Francais !

Barry

I think there is a 2-1 majority in the house of commons to sidle back into Brussels grip.

However, they don't have to make too much noise, because a new way has been found to globalise which bypasses Brussels. Some people have seen this and are pretty worried about it.

Lord Frost can see that Northern Ireland needs to be extracted from the EU and Boris and the suits won't let him.

Boris also has the rumours about his mistresses to deal with over the dinner table, or whilst changing nappies. Carrie will be ex-wife before too long. Leopards and spots.
† The end is nigh †