Return of Tony Blair?

Started by T00ts, December 19, 2021, 12:44:34 PM

« previous - next »

T00ts

It would be a massive betrayal after so many years trying to recover from Tony's last reign, but we have to remember that Brown got in the way for a bit to be followed by Cameron who tried to be Blair's clone in some ways. As said above Blair has been pulling strings ever since Westminster applauded his departure - although I bet he didn't see it that way. 

I just wonder what is on Tony's Santa list of requests and if keys to No 10 are included. After all he has hoped for President of the EU and failed, World leader and failed, Peer of the realm and failed perhaps he feels another crack at PM would be enough for, at the very least, a Peerage next time, but better still UK President. Him becoming PM again might just finish the poor Queen off.

cromwell

Quote from: Good old on December 19, 2021, 01:14:37 PM
Calm , Toots, Highly unlikely story ,by the Mail hoping to generate some resistance to the Chesham, N Shropshire desire ,for any port in a storm. A play on their natural fear of the man that cleared up the last mess the Tories made. Not likely though , every dog has its day, and he had his.
Dog? Nah Bush's bitch,mega liar and fell over himself to be no2 in his posse resulting in an unnecessary war resulting in the deaths of thousands and building a hatred of this country by a Stone Age religion.

Yeah he had his day and it was a bad one all round.
Energy....secure and affordable,not that hard is it?

Sheepy

When did he leave? he has been an advisor to Tory politicians American Presidents and has proteges in power in New Zealand and several other countries, he has the Pope eating out of his hand and as well as destroying the biggest part of the Middle East was also an advisor to what was left. He makes Vlad look like small potatoes. 
Just because I don't say anything, it doesn't mean I haven't noticed!

Good old

Quote from: T00ts on December 19, 2021, 12:44:34 PM
I have just read an article proclaiming that Tony Blair in all his statesman like glory may well be standing in the wings ready to make a comeback.

It is true that he has been much more quiet lately and known for his behind the scenes dealing would it be possible to see the rise again of this answer to so many Labour dreams? Just as the Conservatives are cheerfully careering into a brick wall of their own making in a bid to join those of the opposition in the rubble, is dear Tony hoping, Messiah like, to rise again?

I made a comment earlier that in the void created in Westminster by inadequate, unopposed mediocrity on all sides there could be a highly unsuitable leader suddenly in No10.

Calm , Toots, Highly unlikely story ,by the Mail hoping to generate some resistance to the Chesham, N Shropshire desire ,for any port in a storm. A play on their natural fear of the man that cleared up the last mess the Tories made. Not likely though , every dog has its day, and he had his. 

cromwell

Quote from: DeppityDawg on December 19, 2021, 12:48:20 PM
Cromwell will be so excited when he sees this ;D
No he bloody well won't,despite it being Christmas I wish he would retreat in to the cellar of his bloody foundation and stfu.

Nowt but anything other than a smug,oily,self righteous,self serving arse.
Energy....secure and affordable,not that hard is it?

T00ts

Quote from: papasmurf on December 19, 2021, 12:48:28 PM
There already is an unstable leader in No 10.

Is the article you mention in the Daily Heil by Peter Hitchens?
I don't know where Tony Blair would get other than a small voter base.
It is but it reminded me of something that I have thought for while.

HallowedBrexit

I have just read an article proclaiming that Tony Blair in all his statesman like glory may well be standing in the wings ready to make a comeback.

It is true that he has been much more quiet lately and known for his behind the scenes dealing would it be possible to see the rise again of this answer to so many Labour dreams? Just as the Conservatives are cheerfully careering into a brick wall of their own making in a bid to join those of the opposition in the rubble, is dear Tony hoping, Messiah like, to rise again?

I made a comment earlier that in the void created in Westminster by inadequate, unopposed mediocrity on all sides there could be a highly unsuitable leader suddenly in No10.
Great post T00ts.

Here is the article in full: https://www.dailymail.co.uk/debate/article-10324663/PETER-HITCHENS-return-Tony-Blair-really-nightmare-Christmas.html

It's good to get more content from the Mail and the Express in here. Both papers are seriously undervalued.

papasmurf

There already is an unstable leader in No 10.

Is the article you mention in the Daily Heil by Peter Hitchens?
I don't know where Tony Blair would get other than a small voter base.
Nemini parco qui vivit in orbe

DeppityDawg

Cromwell will be so excited when he sees this ;D

T00ts