liz truss to take over from lord frost as eu negotiator

Started by Thomas, December 19, 2021, 06:16:47 PM

« previous - next »

Thomas

Quote from: Good old on December 24, 2021, 09:53:05 AM
Turn the months into years. It never was that the EU didn't have faults. More to do with recognising what you swop it for, for what it was, and as we see is.
Rubbish. From what i have been told ,the english didnt want to swap the Eu for anything. They simply didnt want to be part of it , for better or worse.

It will sink in with your labour party eventually , otherwise they are going to be toast.

Two year or thereabouts till another UKGE , andi confidently predict brexit will play a large part in labour losing votes again.  Starmer cannot shake off his anti democratic remain baggage , which is a large problem when 55 % of your country england voted for brexit and most wont tolerate any sort of return .
An Fhirinn an aghaidh an t-Saoghail!

Good old

Quote from: Sheepy on December 23, 2021, 10:01:42 PM
Well not for me to say, but you have been told for a long while Boris has been on an exercise in eye and wool pulling. Some will call it caving in, while others have known for months.

Turn the months into years. It never was that the EU didn't have faults. More to do with recognising what you swop it for, for what it was, and as we see is. 

Borchester

Quote from: srb7677 on December 23, 2021, 10:44:37 PM
So Truss is replacing Frost. That is like replacing a chimpanzee with a baboon and expecting a better level of intellectual endeavour.
You don't need to be an intellectual to tell a Brussels bumboy to bugger off. And both chimpanzees and baboons are nasty bastards in a fight, which is the important bit.

I am not to sure on Truss. She was a remainer and therefore bears watching, but then they all do.
Algerie Francais !

srb7677

So Truss is replacing Frost. That is like replacing a chimpanzee with a baboon and expecting a better level of intellectual endeavour.
We are not all in the same boat. We are in the same storm. Some of us have yachts. Some of us have canoes. Some of us are drowning.

Sheepy

Well not for me to say, but you have been told for a long while Boris has been on an exercise in eye and wool pulling. Some will call it caving in, while others have known for months.
Just because I don't say anything, it doesn't mean I haven't noticed!

Barry

Quote from: T00ts on December 19, 2021, 06:29:40 PM
So does that mean that she stays as Foreign Sec as well? I came in halfway through the announcement but is this a case of BJ giving her as a potential leader, reign to prove herself or enabling her to shoot herself in the foot with the EU? Is this promoting her abilities or protecting himself?
I think the latter. The foreign secretary position is a big job in itself. To try to do the impossible over Northern Ireland and the like is going to end badly if she still has both briefs.
She's a Thatcherite, so not all bad, she's certainly in the running for the leadership, but my man in government says she hasn't really got what it takes.
If what it takes is lying, infidelity, and disloyal behaviour, that's probably a good thing.
† The end is nigh †

Thomas

Quote from: Streetwalker on December 19, 2021, 06:57:19 PM
Yes she stays as foreign secretary . She was on the front foot as trade secretary which has got her the job in trying to untangle the mess the conservatives have got themselves into with Brexit .

She is the first remainer to be given the task of leading talks with the EU . I dare say she will agree more with the EU the PM and Parliament, a deal is now more likely . It wont be Brexit though .
Cheers streetwalker i honestly didnt know 9or had forgotten) that truss was a remainer.

papasmurf

Liz (Un)Truss(tworthy) things are going from bad to worse.
Nemini parco qui vivit in orbe

T00ts

Quote from: Streetwalker on December 19, 2021, 07:11:44 PM
Well we had Theresa May as our last remainer PM , Truss is probably a better dancer
Dancing Dancing Dancing Dancing 

Streetwalker

Quote from: T00ts on December 19, 2021, 06:59:15 PM
Oh Gosh! I hadn't appreciated that she was a remainer. I was under the impression that they were all on the back benchers. I must look at her again. Future leader? Would that be wise before we are really out?
Well we had Theresa May as our last remainer PM , Truss is probably a better dancer 

T00ts

Quote from: Streetwalker on December 19, 2021, 06:57:19 PM
Yes she stays as foreign secretary . She was on the front foot as trade secretary which has got her the job in trying to untangle the mess the conservatives have got themselves into with Brexit .

She is the first remainer to be given the task of leading talks with the EU . I dare say she will agree more with the EU the PM and Parliament, a deal is now more likely . It wont be Brexit though .
Oh Gosh! I hadn't appreciated that she was a remainer. I was under the impression that they were all on the back benchers. I must look at her again. Future leader? Would that be wise before we are really out?

Streetwalker

Quote from: T00ts on December 19, 2021, 06:29:40 PM
So does that mean that she stays as Foreign Sec as well? I came in halfway through the announcement but is this a case of BJ giving her as a potential leader, reign to prove herself or enabling her to shoot herself in the foot with the EU? Is this promoting her abilities or protecting himself?
Yes she stays as foreign secretary . She was on the front foot as trade secretary which has got her the job in trying to untangle the mess the conservatives have got themselves into with Brexit .

She is the first remainer to be given the task of leading talks with the EU . I dare say she will agree more with the EU the PM and Parliament, a deal is now more likely . It wont be Brexit though .

T00ts

Thomas