£8.99 !! When did that happen?

Started by Borchester, December 23, 2021, 11:46:55 PM

« previous - next »

Streetwalker

Quote from: Borchester on December 23, 2021, 11:46:55 PM
What I like to do every other day is to pop in Waterstone's, spend an hour or so reading their books and magazines and then go about my other business. And then every Christmas I think, well sod it, it is the season of good will and such, and buy a book.

So this year I latched onto the National Geographic, walked up to the counter thinking well, here goes £2 but bugger it, it is only once a year and the girl scanned it and said £8.99 and a Merry Christmas.

Merry Christmas I nearly said. Merry bloody Christmas! There are only 90 pages in the magazine. That works out at 10p a page. Two shillings a go!

I did not say anything. When the fox bites you smile. But I can tell you straight, I ain't buying another book next year.
Serves you right for being a tight bastard and using Waterstones as a library . Get yourself an annual subscription of NG  for about £30 , that's 50 bob a issue , you know it makes sense . 

cromwell

Made me smile,but I used to hate the barstewards from the council offices in smiths could never get near what I wanted to buy.
That and I knew out of their lunch hour they were just as annoying.
Energy....secure and affordable,not that hard is it?

Borchester

What I like to do every other day is to pop in Waterstone's, spend an hour or so reading their books and magazines and then go about my other business. And then every Christmas I think, well sod it, it is the season of good will and such, and buy a book.

So this year I latched onto the National Geographic, walked up to the counter thinking well, here goes £2 but bugger it, it is only once a year and the girl scanned it and said £8.99 and a Merry Christmas.

Merry Christmas I nearly said. Merry bloody Christmas! There are only 90 pages in the magazine. That works out at 10p a page. Two shillings a go!

I did not say anything. When the fox bites you smile. But I can tell you straight, I ain't buying another book next year.
Algerie Francais !