Labour Party elder statesman Baron (Wreck it and Run) Reid Warts & all

Started by Thomas, December 24, 2021, 04:45:28 PM

« previous - next »

Thomas

Quote from: cromwell on December 28, 2021, 11:43:58 AM
I'm not shooting anyone,I don't support labour anymore nor like Reid however as you well know regards Salmond and his tribulations this is trial by innuendo and rumour.
Salmond was tried in a scottish court and acquitted by a majority female jury on charges of sexual assault.  There is no comparison .

I take on board your point , but as i say , the rumours abour reid keep circulating like one mr saville , and have done for years. If you dont like the article , take it up with the author , dont shoot the messenger.

You yourself have many times tried tony blair , as have i , by innuendo and rumour over his time in power and his role in the iraq war. So you are no better than me in this regard.

As ever , it boils down to personal like and dislike cromwell  , and when ever the cap fits. So im not taking any lectures from you on innocence until proven guilty regarding the despicable lord reid.
An Fhirinn an aghaidh an t-Saoghail!

cromwell

Quote from: Thomas on December 28, 2021, 10:41:44 AM
Well we have well documented evidence of his behaviour in the commons cromwell , as a drunken lout. I think the article is being fair , as reid was well known  as some chain smoking drunken lecher who did leave a trail of destruction around him wherever he went.

Dont shoot the messenger cromwell as i always say.
I'm not shooting anyone,I don't support labour anymore nor like Reid however as you well know regards Salmond and his tribulations this is trial by innuendo and rumour.
Energy....secure and affordable,not that hard is it?

Thomas

Quote from: Good old on December 26, 2021, 10:40:36 AM
When is he ever? This is his trade mark. Regurgitate , any old piece of unsubstantiated tripe from any unsupported quarter that happens to support his crusade to impress anyone listening that Labour, is bad.
It's one thing giving source, but another giving truth.  Is any of this true?I suspect we will never know. And that applies to Thomas, as to any of us.
Thats rich comeing from you good old. You do the same with the tories , while turning a blind eye to labours past abysmal record .

Thomas

Quote from: cromwell on December 25, 2021, 11:42:36 PM
Having read all this a couple of times it is just a series of allegations and innuendo,is any of it true? no idea but you're  not really being fair here Thomas.
Well we have well documented evidence of his behaviour in the commons cromwell , as a drunken lout. I think the article is being fair , as reid was well known  as some chain smoking drunken lecher who did leave a trail of destruction around him wherever he went.

Dont shoot the messenger cromwell as i always say.

cromwell

Quote from: srb7677 on December 27, 2021, 09:48:58 PM
Reid is an establishmentarian arse jockey with nothing useful to say that is likely to be even slightly relevant. The media will love him.
He may be and all the other things but he's been charged with nowt and is at the moment subject to rumour.

srb7677

Reid is an establishmentarian arse jockey with nothing useful to say that is likely to be even slightly relevant. The media will love him.
We are not all in the same boat. We are in the same storm. Some of us have yachts. Some of us have canoes. Some of us are drowning.

Sheepy

Quote from: Good old on December 26, 2021, 12:21:32 PM
Agree to a degree . They are all power brokers, Only in a perfect world would any of them be otherwise. And that is our choice.
Fairness is lost if you go beyond , by posting a material source that has no proven basis in fact to denigrate the party you won't support. The theory seems to be ,if you can find a piece of unsupported propaganda, it makes your own ideas a reality.
Well maybe, but of course you are correct, in that power mongers they are, but no idea of how you regulate it in a fair and proper manner, they are just like a bunch of school kids in a playground. 
Just because I don't say anything, it doesn't mean I haven't noticed!

Good old

Quote from: Sheepy on December 26, 2021, 10:51:42 AM
Well in the name of fairness Labour are bad, so are the rest of them, everybody knows they are being given a choice of who is the worst. As for Mr Ben and his many hats who knows?

Agree to a degree . They are all power brokers, Only in a perfect world would any of them be otherwise. And that is our choice.
Fairness is lost if you go beyond , by posting a material source that has no proven basis in fact to denigrate the party you won't support. The theory seems to be ,if you can find a piece of unsupported propaganda, it makes your own ideas a reality.

Sheepy

Quote from: Good old on December 26, 2021, 10:40:36 AM
When is he ever? This is his trade mark. Regurgitate , any old piece of unsubstantiated tripe from any unsupported quarter that happens to support his crusade to impress anyone listening that Labour, is bad.
It's one thing giving source, but another giving truth.  Is any of this true?I suspect we will never know. And that applies to Thomas, as to any of us.

Well in the name of fairness Labour are bad, so are the rest of them, everybody knows they are being given a choice of who is the worst. As for Mr Ben and his many hats who knows? 
Just because I don't say anything, it doesn't mean I haven't noticed!

Good old

Quote from: cromwell on December 25, 2021, 11:42:36 PM
Having read all this a couple of times it is just a series of allegations and innuendo,is any of it true? no idea but you're  not really being fair here Thomas.

When is he ever? This is his trade mark. Regurgitate , any old piece of unsubstantiated tripe from any unsupported quarter that happens to support his crusade to impress anyone listening that Labour, is bad.
It's one thing giving source, but another giving truth.  Is any of this true?I suspect we will never know. And that applies to Thomas, as to any of us. 

johnofgwent

I'd actually forgotten who this git was. Tony Blair's Attack Rottweiler was a description I heard bandied about. I prefer to think of him as the oaf who was so fucking incompetent they had to split the greatest office of state into two, to cater for his inability to run it.
<t>In matters of taxation, Lord Clyde\'s summing up in the 1929 case Inland Revenue v Ayrshire Pullman Services is worth a glance.</t>

cromwell

srb7677

Quote from: Thomas on December 24, 2021, 04:45:28 PM
Baron John Reid – Labour MP – leader of the Monklands mafia – sex predator
Reid was a Cabinet Minister who led nine different departments and left a trail of destruction behind in each of them. It is no wonder he was known as "Wreck it and Run".
Baroness Dawn Primarolo, is a British Labour Party politician who was an MP from 1987 until 2015 when she stood down. She was nominated for a life peerage in 2015.
In May 2007 Cabinet Minister Reid, announced that he wouldn't stand against Gordon Brown for the party leadership and would be leaving the Cabinet.

At the time, rumours were circulating in Westminster that a tabloid was preparing to run a scandal story if he announced his candidacy.

The newspaper concerned was the Mail on Sunday, who ran the story alleging that Reid had been sexually harassing a fellow MP, Dawn Primarolo. An extract from the report stated:
"He is a drunken sex predator who, when he was Shadow Defence Secretary in 1994, was involved in a second incident, witnessed by several people.

Describing events, one witness said: "John came lurching up and said to Dawn, "I want to have sex with you, I want to f*** you, you want it as well."
Labour MP later Baroness Jean Corston who was present intervened and said to Reid: "You are a disgusting creature. Get away from her," adding, "That's it, I'm going to report you."

Another Labour insider said: "Dawn was on the verge of tears. She said Reid had been harassing her over a period of years and had propositioned her in the bar. It was very painful for her."
Reid was summoned by Labour leader, John Smith who read him the riot act, telling him to stop drinking and giving him a one time warning that he would be dismissed from the party if there was any further nonsense.

https://caltonjock.com/2021/12/21/labour-party-elder-statesman-baron-wreck-it-and-run-reid-warts-plenty-of-them/?utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=twitter

And yet in spite of all that he was a prominent figure in the New Labour government, and a block to any kind of meaningful change for the better. Fact is I struggle to even pretend to be surprised by these kind of revelations.
We are not all in the same boat. We are in the same storm. Some of us have yachts. Some of us have canoes. Some of us are drowning.

Thomas

Baron John Reid – Labour MP – leader of the Monklands mafia – sex predator
Reid was a Cabinet Minister who led nine different departments and left a trail of destruction behind in each of them. It is no wonder he was known as "Wreck it and Run".
Baroness Dawn Primarolo, is a British Labour Party politician who was an MP from 1987 until 2015 when she stood down. She was nominated for a life peerage in 2015.
In May 2007 Cabinet Minister Reid, announced that he wouldn't stand against Gordon Brown for the party leadership and would be leaving the Cabinet.

At the time, rumours were circulating in Westminster that a tabloid was preparing to run a scandal story if he announced his candidacy.

The newspaper concerned was the Mail on Sunday, who ran the story alleging that Reid had been sexually harassing a fellow MP, Dawn Primarolo. An extract from the report stated:
"He is a drunken sex predator who, when he was Shadow Defence Secretary in 1994, was involved in a second incident, witnessed by several people.

Describing events, one witness said: "John came lurching up and said to Dawn, "I want to have sex with you, I want to f*** you, you want it as well."
Labour MP later Baroness Jean Corston who was present intervened and said to Reid: "You are a disgusting creature. Get away from her," adding, "That's it, I'm going to report you."

Another Labour insider said: "Dawn was on the verge of tears. She said Reid had been harassing her over a period of years and had propositioned her in the bar. It was very painful for her."
Reid was summoned by Labour leader, John Smith who read him the riot act, telling him to stop drinking and giving him a one time warning that he would be dismissed from the party if there was any further nonsense.

https://caltonjock.com/2021/12/21/labour-party-elder-statesman-baron-wreck-it-and-run-reid-warts-plenty-of-them/?utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=twitter