Main Menu

Slow loading

Started by T00ts, December 26, 2021, 09:22:07 AM

« previous - next »

Borchester

Quote from: Nick on March 22, 2022, 05:59:24 AM
Strange!! Cause there are no animations on the posting pages, but thanks for your forensic analysis. If your not happy just let me know and I can soon delete your account.

Oops! Hit a nerve there.

I would just like to say that although everybody else moans and groans and complains about you behind your back, I don't. I don't. Well maybe not that often.:):)

Anyway, if that other board Pat is going on about is the one I think it is, he is talking through his nether regions. It is a sod to log on to and crashes for nothing.
Algerie Francais !

Nick

Quote from: patman post on March 21, 2022, 08:15:08 PM
Looking at the complaints about slowness, my two cents worth is that all the extras — especially the animation — is slowing the pol-tics.com experience for many...
Strange!! Cause there are no animations on the posting pages, but thanks for your forensic analysis. If your not happy just let me know and I can soon delete your account. 
I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you.

patman post

After 15 min, I am almost 100% certain that it's all the bells and whistles on here that are slowing things up.

Shame posters can't switch them off and see the difference for themselves...
On climate change — we're talking, we're beginning to act, but we're still not doing enough...

patman post

Looking at the complaints about slowness, my two cents worth is that all the extras — especially the animation — is slowing the pol-tics.com experience for many...
On climate change — we're talking, we're beginning to act, but we're still not doing enough...

patman post

Quote from: Borchester on March 21, 2022, 04:10:27 PM
IIt is probably because the don't have enough posters, so is Tail End Charlie baud width wise .

I don't know what the business model for this site is, but I reckon a few more folk clicking might not be a bad idea.
There seem to be few posters, and certainly few new posters.

Sticking my nose in, I'd suggest all the animated bells and whistles don't attract passing adults.

The sites I'm using these days are buzzing despite being plain...

T00ts

Quote from: Nick on March 21, 2022, 06:57:21 PM
You can tell if it's you or the servers by looking at the bottom of the page.
Well yes I know that but the numbers are a bit meaningless to someone like me. I turn on the computer and hope!  Dancing  Dancing Dancing

Nick

Quote from: T00ts on March 21, 2022, 09:56:27 AM
Is everyone experience painfully slow loading today again?
You can tell if it's you or the servers by looking at the bottom of the page. 

Borchester

I
Quote from: T00ts on March 21, 2022, 03:38:55 PM
I'm treating it like a magical mystery tour. One minute I am wading through sludge in wellies going no-where fast then next I am back in trainers and it's at speed again. I have rebooted, cleared cookies etc but it's def not me.
It is probably because the don't have enough posters, so is Tail End Charlie baud width wise .

I don't know what the business model for this site is, but I reckon a few more folk clicking might not be a bad idea.
Algerie Francais !

T00ts

Quote from: Borchester on March 21, 2022, 03:02:42 PM
Not with me it ain't.

Happily, I am not going anywhere
I'm treating it like a magical mystery tour. One minute I am wading through sludge in wellies going no-where fast then next I am back in trainers and it's at speed again. I have rebooted, cleared cookies etc but it's def not me.

Borchester

Quote from: T00ts on March 21, 2022, 10:07:32 AM
Ok suddenly it is back to normal.
Not with me it ain't.

Happily, I am not going anywhere
Algerie Francais !

cromwell

Yes I was
Energy....secure and affordable,not that hard is it?

T00ts

Ok suddenly it is back to normal.

T00ts

Nick

I've added the load times for each page to the bottom of the forum. If you see longer load times please screenshot this and I'll send it the the host as this is not a code issue. 

Good old

Quote from: T00ts on February 02, 2022, 11:25:13 AM
Everything seems up to speed today for me.
Me to Toots, alls well that ends in this case.