So all members are equal are they?

Started by T00ts, October 14, 2019, 10:23:02 AM

« previous - next »

Streetwalker

Quote from: GerryT post_id=538 time=1571052868 user_id=61

After you've explained, can you answer this, how does the UK get an extension if say Luxembourg says no. Or how does the UK get a future trade deal if Slovenia says no.

Which is like part of the reason why we voted to leave .We shouldn't be deciding our future on the say so of  Xavier Bettel  and we don't get trade deals that suit the UK because of the considerations of the other 27 . Its also why it takes years and years and some to get trade deals with the EU  through the door .

WTO is looking more  like a good deal with every passing day

Borchester

Quote from: T00ts post_id=527 time=1571044982 user_id=54
We have heard lately that all EU members no matter their size or influence are equal. So why have Merkel and Macron had a cosy dinner together. Surely it wasn't to decide how the rest of the EU will vote on the Brexit arrangements? Of course not!

Probably because Macron likes older women and Merkel has given up. All Mutti wants is to secure her place in history as one of the founding mummies of the EU. She appears to have given up on being a politician and wants to be an elder stateswoman.

Nothing that the EU does really matters. The main question is how is Boris going to bamboozle Wurzel into a general election?
Algerie Francais !

Nick

Quote from: GerryT post_id=568 time=1571057692 user_id=61
Quote from: T00ts post_id=549 time=1571054048 user_id=54

Truth is a bit like beauty - only in the eyes of the beholder I fear!   :hattip  :roll:

They should have put that on the side of the big red bus, it makes as much sense as 350m a week for the NHS, another beautiful truth.

You mean like this pledge by the Tories?

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/health-44495598">https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/health-44495598

That's 385m a week, so for once Gerry you are right.
I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you.

Paulus de B

Well the country with the biggest "special" treatment is the UK, with opt outs and exceptions. The remaining 27 are equal if your talking about the council or commission.

But I'll go with your suggestion that France and Germany run the show, just explain how they make decisions then. So they can control the EU, or is this just a little more brexit nonsense.

After you've explained, can you answer this, how does the UK get an extension if say Luxembourg says no. Or how does the UK get a future trade deal if Slovenia says no.
Or Wallonia, don't forget Wallonia.  If you don't butter them Walloons up, you're in the ****! https://www.bbc.com/news/world-europe-37749236">https://www.bbc.com/news/world-europe-37749236

Nick

Well the country with the biggest "special" treatment is the UK, with opt outs and exceptions. The remaining 27 are equal if your talking about the council or commission.

But I'll go with your suggestion that France and Germany run the show, just explain how they make decisions then. So they can control the EU, or is this just a little more brexit nonsense.

It's called a 65 billion Euro deficit. Collectively the EU needs us more than we Need them.

It's easier for a buyer to find a new market than a seller, as I've said many times, there is nothing the EU sells that we can't buy elsewhere except brands like BMW or Champagne. But plenty of alternatives exist and those sellers will be desperate to sell to us and oh! that's France and Germany. Slovenia will be told to sling their hook if they undermine the EU's biggest trade partner (UK).
I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you.

T00ts

Quote from: GerryT post_id=568 time=1571057692 user_id=61

Truth is a bit like beauty - only in the eyes of the beholder I fear!   :hattip  :roll:

They should have put that on the side of the big red bus, it makes as much sense as 350m a week for the NHS, another beautiful truth.

It was never going to be an easy ride - on the bus or not - what will we do when all is settled? Still it might keep us going for a few years yet.

GerryT

Quote from: GerryT post_id=548 time=1571053891 user_id=61

Funny but true !

Cassie

Funny but true !

:hattip

T00ts

Quote from: T00ts post_id=539 time=1571053232 user_id=54

Oh you are funny!

Funny but true !

GerryT

Quote from: T00ts post_id=539 time=1571053232 user_id=54

Oh you are funny!

Funny but true !

T00ts

Oh you are funny!

GerryT

T00ts

Quote from: Cassie post_id=530 time=1571048831 user_id=57
They had a big party earlier this year to renew ties with Germany and France.  Most people know that Germany especially and France are the big players.  Even a BBC reporter discussing Brexit let is slip that nothing happens until Germany and France have decided it.

I believe it.

Cassie

They had a big party earlier this year to renew ties with Germany and France.  Most people know that Germany especially and France are the big players.  Even a BBC reporter discussing Brexit let is slip that nothing happens until Germany and France have decided it.

Streetwalker

All animals are equal ,but some animals are more equal than others .