Justify this.

Started by Nick, December 26, 2021, 09:11:29 PM

« previous - next »

cromwell

Quote from: Nick on December 28, 2021, 09:53:27 PM
I am 100% sure there is no God, the science just doesn't support it, and I've never had anything in my life I can contribute to a higher being.
It's only when people I know have joined religious groups that they say they have felt God, mainly due to the group pointing out and attributing everyday events to God.
No higher being would allow the atrocities of today to happen and there is no justification that you can bring to the table. 
As said Nick my family are religious,except my dad who explained why it was all cobblers.

Ive read a lot of historical stuff and what stuck with me was a rabbi faced with auschwitz who said "there is no god " so you get told it's down to people freely making bad choices,there's always an excuse.

Energy....secure and affordable,not that hard is it?

T00ts

Quote from: Nick on December 28, 2021, 09:53:27 PM
I am 100% sure there is no God, the science just doesn't support it, and I've never had anything in my life I can contribute to a higher being.
It's only when people I know have joined religious groups that they say they have felt God, mainly due to the group pointing out and attributing everyday events to God.
No higher being would allow the atrocities of today to happen and there is no justification that you can bring to the table. 
And there you have the problem because I can say that I am 100% sure that God exists. I have had numerous experiences that have proved this to me - and actually so have you but you haven't wanted to pick up on them. By denying God you must also deny Satan as the source of all evil too. We are in a terrific battle which is steadily getting worse and we need as many as can and will to join the fight.

Nick

Quote from: T00ts on December 27, 2021, 08:34:57 PM
It's not as simple as that. I believe we are here to learn. I think of God not only as a loving father but also a great teacher who wants us to reach our full potential. If he  was a sports coach he would set tasks and once mastered he would set the next higher. We accept that as part of any earthly training even though our muscles will hurt doing it, but we see the goal. If this earth was physically and mentally pain free it would be lovely of course, but what would mankind learn and what is the goal to life? Where would be the incentive to find answers?
Isn't it often adversity that drives innovation? Isn't it often adversity which makes people look for something more than this secular world provides? Do we use our knowledge for the good of people all over the planet or just to take advantage. Isn't there something we should be learning?

Is it possible that God is giving us every opportunity to turn to Him be it wars, pestilence, earthquakes etc. Perhaps we need to start listening.
I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you.

T00ts

Quote from: Barry on December 28, 2021, 09:11:02 PM
Yes, it has occurred to me, but that is just something to muse.
Oh yes I agree but it might explain the capacity to change from what was perfection while in the Garden of Eden to a human form susceptible to disease etc. I mean the OT is pretty thorough with the record of length of life in those times. So old age was OLD. Diseases presumably had to develop alongside everything else. Perhaps viruses have mutated down through the ages! 

Barry

Yes, it has occurred to me, but that is just something to muse. 
† The end is nigh †

T00ts

Quote from: Barry on December 28, 2021, 09:03:33 PM
As far as I know, there was no death or illness until the fall of man.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fall_of_man
Well yes everything changed as they ate the apple. God warned them that they would die if they ate the fruit and of course if they were going to fulfil His command and multiply death would need to be part of the package. Has it occurred to you the possibility that their physical makeup actually changed then? Eg cells would have to die and be renewed.

PS I really struggle with the 'accepted' fall of man doctrine. It just doesn't seem logical.

Barry

Quote from: cromwell on December 27, 2021, 01:19:06 PM
How are diseases a failure of man.
As far as I know, there was no death or illness until the fall of man.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fall_of_man
† The end is nigh †

T00ts

Quote from: cromwell on December 28, 2021, 08:29:31 PM
Nice swerve,I annoy the hell out of a lot of my family who are religious by such observations,though they just usually depart.......with the hump.
LOL I thought it really witty! Although God is probably quite annoyed by the mess we have made of the health care around the world! My understanding is that He wants us all treated the same.

cromwell

Quote from: T00ts on December 28, 2021, 08:20:00 PM
;D ;D ;D ;D
Nice swerve,I annoy the hell out of a lot of my family who are religious by such observations,though they just usually depart.......with the hump.

T00ts

Quote from: cromwell on December 28, 2021, 06:52:49 PM
That doesn't compute with believing in private care then does it?
;D ;D ;D ;D 

cromwell

Quote from: T00ts on December 27, 2021, 01:33:01 PM
Some are. But my point would be that there are those suffering all over the world where the cures/remedies are known. Do we do enough to share that knowledge? I just believe that God hopes that we will become much more understanding and generous.
That doesn't compute with believing in private care then does it?

T00ts

Quote from: cromwell on December 27, 2021, 06:46:17 PM
Some are you say

So the rest are down to god.
It's not as simple as that. I believe we are here to learn. I think of God not only as a loving father but also a great teacher who wants us to reach our full potential. If he  was a sports coach he would set tasks and once mastered he would set the next higher. We accept that as part of any earthly training even though our muscles will hurt doing it, but we see the goal. If this earth was physically and mentally pain free it would be lovely of course, but what would mankind learn and what is the goal to life? Where would be the incentive to find answers? 
Isn't it often adversity that drives innovation? Isn't it often adversity which makes people look for something more than this secular world provides? Do we use our knowledge for the good of people all over the planet or just to take advantage. Isn't there something we should be learning?

Is it possible that God is giving us every opportunity to turn to Him be it wars, pestilence, earthquakes etc. Perhaps we need to start listening. 

cromwell

Quote from: T00ts on December 27, 2021, 01:33:01 PM
Some are. But my point would be that there are those suffering all over the world where the cures/remedies are known. Do we do enough to share that knowledge? I just believe that God hopes that we will become much more understanding and generous.
Some are you say

So the rest are down to god.

T00ts

Quote from: cromwell on December 27, 2021, 01:19:06 PM

cromwell

Quote from: T00ts on December 27, 2021, 10:38:54 AM
Isn't it us who should take the blame? What happens in the world that is not ultimately a failing of man?