Happy New Year

Started by cromwell, December 31, 2021, 11:43:31 PM

« previous - next »

srb7677

Quote from: Barry on January 01, 2022, 10:42:18 PM
Happy New Year one and all, enjoy your next trip round the sun.
I've started to notice that the nights are beginning to pull out. Roll on late spring and summer with the warm temperatures and light evenings. 
We are not all in the same boat. We are in the same storm. Some of us have yachts. Some of us have canoes. Some of us are drowning.

Sheepy

Quote from: Thomas on January 01, 2022, 01:51:37 PMFamous last words.
I am not saying a word maybe April then do the wishing.
Just because I don't say anything, it doesn't mean I haven't noticed!

Barry

Happy New Year one and all, enjoy your next trip round the sun.
† The end is nigh †

johnofgwent

It was an extremely subdued new year.

Ever since 2001 when my father in law died at hallowe'en we have gone to the pub in the village up the road, drunk ourselves stupid, crawled back to my mate's house about 400 yards away to crash in his spare room, after which I woud pick up the tab for a fry up for several of my mates to destroy the hangover the next morning, back at the same pub at noon on new year's day

This ritual has been buggered about these last few years but we had hopes of restarting it but Dickford the Bristol Party Animal royally f**ked that by destroying NYE in Wales

The only excitement was two somewhat drunk individuals nothing do do with our pub crashing the doors at 11:58 some bloke ranting something about some pictures on the phone of the tart he had in tow proving she'd been shagging someone other than the bloke now holding it, said tart launching at the bloke knocking several tables over, and the bloke's dad in tow taking a swing at our barman.

It's the sort of behaviour we often see in two pubs about half a mile away which is why i drink in the one i do and not them.
<t>In matters of taxation, Lord Clyde\'s summing up in the 1929 case Inland Revenue v Ayrshire Pullman Services is worth a glance.</t>

Borchester

Quote from: Thomas on January 01, 2022, 01:51:37 PM
happy new year. Lets hope its better than the last one. Famous last words.
Last year my wife cancelled an operation on her neck because it no longer hurt, my daughter got tenure at her university, my son admitted that business was so good that he was turning away trade and a good friend who has been moaning on since they invented hypochondria has once again grumbled his way into the New Year.

So..........
And A Happy New Year
To One And All !
Algerie Francais !

Thomas

happy new year. Lets hope its better than the last one. Famous last words.
An Fhirinn an aghaidh an t-Saoghail!

srb7677

May it be the year in which politicians stop lying and cheating, the year in which no one gets raped or murdered anymore, the year in which covid entirely disappears, the year in which everyong gets paid well for the jobs they do, and everyone gains a secure and affordable home. A year in which everyone in work prospers, and everyone who genuinely cannot work or who is retired is well looked after, a year where there is no war in the world, no torture, no crime, no need for prisons, no need for refugees, no one drowning in the Channel.

Sadly there is more chance of being invaded by aliens, or me winning the Euromillions jackpot and donating my entire fortune to the Tory party.
We are not all in the same boat. We are in the same storm. Some of us have yachts. Some of us have canoes. Some of us are drowning.

T00ts

Happy New Year to everyone!

:-*

srb7677

cromwell

Energy....secure and affordable,not that hard is it?