Honours?

Started by cromwell, December 31, 2021, 11:50:30 PM

« previous - next »

Sheepy

Anyway, to keep you on the ball because I know you will be wandering all over the place, Julian Assange is facing 125 years in jail for exposing T Bliars crimes and he is getting the highest level of knighthood. As well Assange is already having his health and life destroyed for telling the truth. Which might well have been turned at a later date that the establishment has put countless millions of lives in danger and that was actually Assange's fault. Mmmmm
Just because I don't say anything, it doesn't mean I haven't noticed!

Sheepy

Quote from: johnofgwent on January 02, 2022, 12:12:24 PM
I'm beginning to like this poll crap.

I went to have a look at the page today

Just now, in fact

And as I watch, the counter increments like some insane cash register, as you wait, the numbers spun up. Almost 200,000 on one of them now.
We will see, it isn't a made up one like on MSM it is a real one of actually how people feel about it all. 

johnofgwent

I'm beginning to like this poll crap.

I went to have a look at the page today

Just now, in fact

And as I watch, the counter increments like some insane cash register, as you wait, the numbers spun up. Almost 200,000 on one of them now.
<t>In matters of taxation, Lord Clyde\'s summing up in the 1929 case Inland Revenue v Ayrshire Pullman Services is worth a glance.</t>

Sheepy

Quote from: srb7677 on January 01, 2022, 08:23:18 PM
A large number signing would itself make it newsworthy, with the media having to acknowledge public discontent. As often with such petitions I sign in the hope of enough others doing so to make it newsworthy. Most of the time I am disappointed in that but it only takes seconds so worth a punt.
More than 10,000 sign petition calling for Tony Blair to lose knighthood (msn.com)
It's a bit like a steam train, you warm it slowly and build it up to full heat and power. 

johnofgwent

Quote from: srb7677 on January 01, 2022, 08:23:18 PM
A large number signing would itself make it newsworthy, with the media having to acknowledge public discontent. As often with such petitions I sign in the hope of enough others doing so to make it newsworthy. Most of the time I am disappointed in that but it only takes seconds so worth a punt.

fair point. I shall sign both after the three millionth signatre appears
<t>In matters of taxation, Lord Clyde\'s summing up in the 1929 case Inland Revenue v Ayrshire Pullman Services is worth a glance.</t>

srb7677

Quote from: johnofgwent on January 01, 2022, 08:17:21 PM
If they were actually on the parliamentary website, duplicaton would never have been allowed.

I consdered signing, but the powers that be will never do it, so i see no point adding my name and thus declaring myself a hopeless optimist.
We are not all in the same boat. We are in the same storm. Some of us have yachts. Some of us have canoes. Some of us are drowning.

johnofgwent

Quote from: srb7677 on January 01, 2022, 05:21:43 PM
Thanks. Two seperate petitions on the same subject on the same site, which is senseless. The one I posted a link to currently has over 2500 signatures and is worth backing. Nicks one has a bit less less than 2500. Woold make sense for both to be merged. I will sign his as well anyway.

If they were actually on the parliamentary website, duplicaton would never have been allowed.

I consdered signing, but the powers that be will never do it, so i see no point adding my name and thus declaring myself a hopeless optimist.

cromwell

Quote from: johnofgwent on January 01, 2022, 08:14:23 PM
I do not think it does. Wikipedia says it is an order of chivalry above a baronetcy and superseded only by the award of the VC or GC for civilian courage

A baronetcy does not of itself bring a peerage and the entitlement to a seat, neither does a VC.

That said, lots of the names of current Companions / Ladies are indeed peers.

Looking on the bright side, https://www.britannica.com/topic/The-Most-Noble-Order-of-the-Garter Thirty Six former menbers of the order have been dismissed from it, and some beheaded. There is, therefore, hope.
:) :)
Energy....secure and affordable,not that hard is it?

johnofgwent

Quote from: T00ts on January 01, 2022, 12:57:56 PM
Does anyone know if Blair's Knight of the Garter gives him a seat in the Lords?
I do not think it does. Wikipedia says it is an order of chivalry above a baronetcy and superseded only by the award of the VC or GC for civilian courage

A baronetcy does not of itself bring a peerage and the entitlement to a seat, neither does a VC.

That said, lots of the names of current Companions / Ladies are indeed peers.

Looking on the bright side, https://www.britannica.com/topic/The-Most-Noble-Order-of-the-Garter Thirty Six former menbers of the order have been dismissed from it, and some beheaded. There is, therefore, hope.

srb7677

Quote from: cromwell on January 01, 2022, 05:00:44 PM
It doesn't Nicks say this And yours says thisThey should be merged to be effective

Thanks. Two seperate petitions on the same subject on the same site, which is senseless. The one I posted a link to currently has over 2500 signatures and is worth backing. Nicks one has a bit less less than 2500. Woold make sense for both to be merged. I will sign his as well anyway.
We are not all in the same boat. We are in the same storm. Some of us have yachts. Some of us have canoes. Some of us are drowning.

cromwell

Oh blimey too many on the go

Tony Blair to be stripped of his newly announced knighthood.
Tony Blair is to receive a knighthood from the Queen as announced in the 2022 New Year's Honours list.... Read more

90 signed of 100 goal

Revoke Tony Blair's Knighthood
There is not one thing that Tony Blair has done for this country that he deserves a knighthood for.He cost the lives of countless human lives both British and foreig... Read more

63 signed of 100 goal

Stop Tony Blair from being knighted
Tony Blair took the UK into a needless war which cost hundreds of British lives plus millions of lives of civilians over a 20 year period which resulted in the dest... Read more

96 signed of 100 goal

Sir war criminal
I think it's fairly simple, tony blair is not fit to be a 'sir'    

19 signed of 100 goal

To Strip Tony Blair of His Knighthood
Last night we found out that The Queen had knighted Tony Blair. I feel this is an absolute disgrace given everything that man has done to this nation from uncontrolled ... Read more

2,499 signed of 2,500 goal

Strip Tony Blair of the title of Knight Companion of the Most Noble Order of the Garter.
Tony Blair has been named in the new years ho... Read more

34 signed of 100 goal

cromwell

Quote from: srb7677 on January 01, 2022, 04:49:28 PM
I have checked. And Nick's link leads to exactly the same change.org petition as mine.

If there is a rival petition doing the rounds, if anyone cares to post a link to it, I will sign that too.
It doesn't Nicks say this
QuoteWing Commander Ian Rankin started this petition to Boris Johnson (Prime Minister)
And yours says this
QuoteJames Goddard started this petition to MP's (House of Commons, Westminster)
They should be merged to be effective

srb7677

Quote from: Sheepy on January 01, 2022, 04:32:25 PM
Sign them both then.
I have checked. And Nick's link leads to exactly the same change.org petition as mine.

If there is a rival petition doing the rounds, if anyone cares to post a link to it, I will sign that too.

Sheepy

Quote from: cromwell on January 01, 2022, 04:24:27 PM
Yes ai have but there seems to be two on the go
Sign them both then. 

cromwell

Quote from: Sheepy on January 01, 2022, 02:57:02 PM
Signed the petition yet? as is your democratic right?
Yes ai have but there seems to be two on the go