Honours?

Started by cromwell, December 31, 2021, 11:50:30 PM

« previous - next »

T00ts

Quote from: Good old on January 04, 2022, 03:23:14 PM
What next.? How about government by on line petition? Even better if we can swing it by getting a few million to sign, that's enough to say it's what everyone wants. Beyond that.  Blair is not, the first politician in British history to get his hands dirty in a war situation. History would have a completely different slant on it if Churchill s whole record had ever been the subject of this sort of examination.
I think the difference was that the bombs were here and landing. No false data there.

Good old

What next.? How about government by on line petition? Even better if we can swing it by getting a few million to sign, that's enough to say it's what everyone wants. Beyond that.  Blair is not, the first politician in British history to get his hands dirty in a war situation. History would have a completely different slant on it if Churchill s whole record had ever been the subject of this sort of examination.

cromwell

And now Boris is making sure everyone knows it was nowt to do with him.
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-10367169/Keir-Starmer-backs-knighthood-Tony-Blair.html

The Queen backing down?probably not........perhaps some advisors will visit Tone and suggest in  the interests of the monarchy and a peaceful resolution he should decide it better if he turns it down.
Energy....secure and affordable,not that hard is it?

cromwell

Quote from: Sheepy on January 04, 2022, 02:11:27 PM
Its gonna be 600,000 very soon but then people have lost interest in fighting for democracy.
Just passed it and hopefully near 700000 by midnights.

Sheepy

Quote from: T00ts on January 04, 2022, 02:50:47 PM
How many people demonstrated against the Iraq war? I seem to remember a million if not more and Blair ignored them. He's not going to worry about a petition and will assume it's just the usual rent a crowd. Perhaps if it was to creep up to several million he might blink.

He has blinked when his minions were on TV trying to back him. Once they are sent packing, he might not have a choice. I am sure though he will try and hold out as long as he can. Pull every sneaky string pullable because that is what he does.
Just because I don't say anything, it doesn't mean I haven't noticed!

T00ts

How many people demonstrated against the Iraq war? I seem to remember a million if not more and Blair ignored them. He's not going to worry about a petition and will assume it's just the usual rent a crowd. Perhaps if it was to creep up to several million he might blink.

Sheepy

Quote from: cromwell on January 04, 2022, 02:23:39 PM
That hangs on whether this is ignored
Let's just say it wouldn't be a very wise thing if it were. Personally, I don't think it will be and we might well see it handed back as a step over the line has been taken.

cromwell

Quote from: Sheepy on January 04, 2022, 02:11:27 PM
Its gonna be 600,000 very soon but then people have lost interest in fighting for democracy.
That hangs on whether this is ignored

Sheepy

Borchester

Quote from: Thomas on January 01, 2022, 02:00:48 PM

Do you hink bojo had a word in lizzies ear to give tony a knighthood as a bit of a piss take as well as another dart thrown at the labour party in general?

Fackin brilliant .;D

Never thought about it Tommy, but you might have a point. It could be that Betty was looking at the TV and thought, well, the horse racing is off and I need something by way of some excitment. I know, Tony Blair. I will make the poor, needy little sod a knight or some such. That should create a bit of fuss
:)
Algerie Francais !

cromwell

I was wrong I said it was growing by 100000 signatures a day,thanks to good old Steamer that looks to be 200000 :) Butt Kick

cromwell

Quote from: T00ts on January 04, 2022, 10:26:07 AM
I don't suppose anyone not personally affected by him is really. There are those who lost people in the Iraq war who are annoyed but I suspect the uproar will be ignored until it dies away. I certainly think Blair's skin is thick enough and after all why would he give the opportunity to wear those clothes that go with the 'Sir'. I should think his thespian mouth is watering at the prospect of parading in them. Dancing
It's growing by over 100000 signatures a day,it seems Sir Steamer (pile of ....) has been on the box this morning listing Bliars good works like peace in NI,if I recall it was Mo Mowlam who did all the real work while Tone the **** took all the credit.

Weighed against the disasters and death the scales would bang down on that side but like some bent sixties grocer Steamer was desperately tipping it the other way.

He's trying to defend  the indefensible because he thinks Blairism the key to no 10,Baz made a valid point on this thread a while back about Assange who I had mixed feelings about but is to be extradited for his crimes.......getting those scales out again and weighing with them fairly who caused the greater number of deaths and destruction? 

Answers on a signature to the petition and despatch this creature back under his stone.

Sheepy

Quote from: Good old on January 04, 2022, 10:01:54 AM
So I'm told , the order of the garter , ends with death. On that note I'm also told 36 of its members were terminated by having their heads removed. So there is hope , for Blair haters.::)
Winston Churchill ,refused this honour in 1945. On the basis he felt he had never been elected PM,
Changed his mind in 1953.
Well, it isn't the same any longer, the worldwide press has hold of it now and the world is watching. 

Sheepy

Quote from: T00ts on January 04, 2022, 10:26:07 AM
I don't suppose anyone not personally affected by him is really. There are those who lost people in the Iraq war who are annoyed but I suspect the uproar will be ignored until it dies away. I certainly think Blair's skin is thick enough and after all why would he give the opportunity to wear those clothes that go with the 'Sir'. I should think his thespian mouth is watering at the prospect of parading in them. Dancing

Well on the Brightside, people haven't set fire to parliament twice or invaded congress so they must think their voice still counts over the Left and Right game. As I keep saying we will see.

T00ts

Quote from: Sheepy on January 04, 2022, 10:16:30 AM
I was told yesterday nobody was bothered by it, I guess that was one of those political untruths.
I don't suppose anyone not personally affected by him is really. There are those who lost people in the Iraq war who are annoyed but I suspect the uproar will be ignored until it dies away. I certainly think Blair's skin is thick enough and after all why would he give the opportunity to wear those clothes that go with the 'Sir'. I should think his thespian mouth is watering at the prospect of parading in them. Dancing