Honours?

Started by cromwell, December 31, 2021, 11:50:30 PM

« previous - next »

cromwell

Quote from: Borchester on January 05, 2022, 10:55:28 AM
Illegal? All wars are illegal unless you pop down to the Central London County Court and get a court order.

Saddam Hussein was an arsehole and if the coalition hadn't fettled the Iraqis he would.
There's lots of arseholes in power in the world,we don't go to war with each and everyone because of that,it was Bush bruised for what he perceived his father failing to finish off saddam.

Bliar desperate to be Bush's deputy sheriff resulted in hundred of thousands dead people made homeless and the Middle East and others hating us more than they ever did before.

It was based on lies and bollocks even Bliar knows that  but he had his vanity too and all that came before what was best all round......not least for his country.

Energy....secure and affordable,not that hard is it?

Sheepy

Quote from: Good old on January 05, 2022, 12:04:03 PM
I would personally condemn , the acts you mention. But I wouldn't go after the people or persons that did something about those acts. Even if it involved violence. It's easy to condemn , I would condemn doing f—k all with someone like Sadam.

I thought you said nobody cared about any of this, just saying. 
Just because I don't say anything, it doesn't mean I haven't noticed!

Good old

Quote from: johnofgwent on January 05, 2022, 11:48:38 AM
All wars are legal. The concept of illegality is a wholly artificial piece of bullshit created by the US after they realised dropping the nuke on Hiroshima and then a s cons on Nagasaki invited the world to dump 50 on them. So they invented a court to hang people they want removed from giving accounts of the truth, a court they they refuse to send their own people to answer to.

If you're going to condemn Saddam Hussein for using chemical weapons don't forget to condemn Britain for its anthrax experiments, France for Bikini atoll and Putin for gassing his own to ensure he sent the right message to chechyn separatists who took a theatre prisoner.

And the lads with the not so well marked herc in the Falklands and in fact just about any combatant anywhere

I would personally condemn , the acts you mention. But I wouldn't go after the people or persons that did something about those acts. Even if it involved violence. It's easy to condemn , I would condemn doing f—k all with someone like Sadam.

johnofgwent

Quote from: Good old on January 05, 2022, 11:23:17 AM
When we talk legality, we are talking the UN failing to be legal in their none response to Sadam , killing thousands of his own people, over a number of years including the gassing of God knows how many Kurdish Iraqi,s . If the UN had a handle on natural Law ,Justice, they would have begged Blair, to sort the bastard out.
All wars are legal. The concept of illegality is a wholly artificial piece of bullshit created by the US after they realised dropping the nuke on Hiroshima and then a s cons on Nagasaki invited the world to dump 50 on them. So they invented a court to hang people they want removed from giving accounts of the truth, a court they they refuse to send their own people to answer to.

If you're going to condemn Saddam Hussein for using chemical weapons don't forget to condemn Britain for its anthrax experiments, France for Bikini atoll and Putin for gassing his own to ensure he sent the right message to chechyn separatists who took a theatre prisoner.

And the lads with the not so well marked herc in the Falklands and in fact just about any combatant anywhere
<t>In matters of taxation, Lord Clyde\'s summing up in the 1929 case Inland Revenue v Ayrshire Pullman Services is worth a glance.</t>

Good old

When we talk legality, we are talking the UN failing to be legal in their none response to Sadam , killing thousands of his own people, over a number of years including the gassing of God knows how many Kurdish Iraqi,s . If the UN had a handle on natural Law ,Justice, they would have begged Blair, to sort the bastard out.

Borchester

Quote from: cromwell on January 04, 2022, 11:53:50 PM
Oh dear me and Geoff Hoon has revealed again he was ordered to destroy a memo from No 10 that said they knew the war was probably illegal.

And the numbers still rise.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-10369343/Tony-Blairs-Defence-Secretary-Geoff-Hoon-says-told-BURN-secret-Iraq-memo.html

Illegal? All wars are illegal unless you pop down to the Central London County Court and get a court order.

Saddam Hussein was an arsehole and if the coalition hadn't fettled the Iraqis he would.
Algerie Francais !

cromwell

Oh dear me and Geoff Hoon has revealed again he was ordered to destroy a memo from No 10 that said they knew the war was probably illegal.

And the numbers still rise.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-10369343/Tony-Blairs-Defence-Secretary-Geoff-Hoon-says-told-BURN-secret-Iraq-memo.html

Sheepy

Quote from: cromwell on January 04, 2022, 06:15:46 PM
Many politicians have said he's had to have this award because it blocks others getting theirs,and besides they say it's a hard job.

Is it? Many people do difficult even dangerous jobs but aren't given nor expect an award nor honour,poor old Cameron the runaway hasn't got his yet nor May a dame.......why should they? it should be on merit and does anyone see merit in their term deserving of this?

Honours should be reserved for the very best and not by buggins turn,they should regard it an honour they were entrusted to lead their country even though many were mediocre in their task.

Awards should be the exception and not the rule and regarded as recognition of exceptional service  be earned by respect for what they've achieved rather than  appears the case here where it's no more than the equivalent of the bus  pass because you've reached the final stage of your working life.
Heading towards 700k and no sign of it slowing down.

cromwell

Many politicians have said he's had to have this award because it blocks others getting theirs,and besides they say it's a hard job.

Is it? Many people do difficult even dangerous jobs but aren't given nor expect an award nor honour,poor old Cameron the runaway hasn't got his yet nor May a dame.......why should they? it should be on merit and does anyone see merit in their term deserving of this?

Honours should be reserved for the very best and not by buggins turn,they should regard it an honour they were entrusted to lead their country even though many were mediocre in their task.

Awards should be the exception and not the rule and regarded as recognition of exceptional service  be earned by respect for what they've achieved rather than  appears the case here where it's no more than the equivalent of the bus  pass because you've reached the final stage of your working life.

Sheepy

Quote from: Good old on January 04, 2022, 04:43:56 PM
We don't know yet, do we? It only went the right way if it actually makes this country a better place to live in. And we don't know that yet. But we had our say and that's all. But it could never be all that matters.

As though we don't know Blair has been putting the boot in at every chance, he has even been advising EU leaders, now that is sneaky. 

Good old

Quote from: cromwell on January 04, 2022, 04:00:07 PM
.....because the result went the wrong way
We don't know yet, do we? It only went the right way if it actually makes this country a better place to live in. And we don't know that yet. But we had our say and that's all. But it could never be all that matters.

cromwell

Quote from: Borchester on January 04, 2022, 03:29:55 PM
Wonderful news! that is over 1% of the electorate!
It's not over by a long chalk,only been going three days.

cromwell

Quote from: Good old on January 04, 2022, 03:23:14 PM
What next.? How about government by on line petition? Even better if we can swing it by getting a few million to sign, that's enough to say it's what everyone wants. Beyond that.  Blair is not, the first politician in British history to get his hands dirty in a war situation. History would have a completely different slant on it if Churchill s whole record had ever been the subject of this sort of examination.
You mean referenda,yeah that was deemed a grave error........because the result went the wrong way

Good old

Quote from: T00ts on January 04, 2022, 03:25:34 PM
I think the difference was that the bombs were here and landing. No false data there.
Are you sure?about data, what sane person would have approved the Dardanelles , campaign if they had been in possession of the facts. .? Yes he was on the right side of things, at times as everybody knows.. But not always. Especially where grieving mothers came into it.

Borchester

Quote from: cromwell on January 04, 2022, 03:15:44 PM
Just passed it and hopefully near 700000 by midnights.

Wonderful news! that is over 1% of the electorate!
Algerie Francais !