Honours?

Started by cromwell, December 31, 2021, 11:50:30 PM

« previous - next »

srb7677

Quote from: cromwell on January 06, 2022, 12:03:43 PM
Tony is under the illusion he matters has tasted power and still wishes to wield it,witness his failed efforts as Mr peace and institute.

Why tories queue up for his advice is beyond me.
That he - so complicit in the Iraq war that did so much lasting damage in the region - should ever have been appointed a peace envoy for the Middle East was a sick joke from the start, oozing with hypocrisy and contempt. It was a two fingered salute to anyone with an ounce of morality and international knowledge. As for appointing the right man for the role, appointing him for that one would be right up there with appointing Heinrich Himmler as ambassador to Israel. Or Keir Starmer as an advocate for the oppressed Palestinians, for that matter.
We are not all in the same boat. We are in the same storm. Some of us have yachts. Some of us have canoes. Some of us are drowning.

Borchester

Tony is under the illusion he matters has tasted power and still wishes to wield it,witness his failed efforts as Mr peace and institute.

No doubt, but we know that these days a knighthood is worth sod all and poor Tony is a sad bugger for wanting one.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f-3RQeYDVgw
Algerie Francais !

Sheepy

Just because I don't say anything, it doesn't mean I haven't noticed!

Barry

Quote from: Sheepy on January 06, 2022, 02:08:23 PM
I guess you have to ask yourselves if he has acted in any way honourably in his career or was it all for power, money and personal gain. At the same time has the Queen made a bad error of judgement on this one.
I think there is an indication that HM Queen is no longer making the decisions.
† The end is nigh †

cromwell

Quote from: Sheepy on January 06, 2022, 02:08:23 PM
I guess you have to ask yourselves if he has acted in any way honourably in his career or was it all for power, money and personal gain. At the same time has the Queen made a bad error of judgement on this one.
I would say both.
Energy....secure and affordable,not that hard is it?

Sheepy

Good old

Tony is under the illusion he matters 

This might answer Borkies question to a degree. If they are so keen for his advice, he is entitled to think he is on the money. That doesn't make him electable  , and they the people that seek his advice have already assassinated his character, so they know that.

cromwell

Quote from: Borchester on January 06, 2022, 11:58:01 AM
Which rather raises the question, why would such an intelligent man chase such a pointless trinket.

Tony Mark I was notorious for his desire to be popular. But after he resigned he joined the left footers and now appears desperate to piss everyone off.I suspect it is all that Catholic guilt coming to the fore
Tony is under the illusion he matters has tasted power and still wishes to wield it,witness his failed efforts as Mr peace and institute.

Why tories queue up for his advice is beyond me.

Borchester

Quote from: srb7677 on January 05, 2022, 07:37:52 PM
A new poll finds that the public overwhelmingly reject the new Blair nighthood with only 14% approving and 63% disapproving, 41% strongly disapproving. Clearly those issueing these titles do not give a flying one for what we the mere public think.

Public overwhelmingly against Tony Blair knighthood, poll finds | The Independent

Which rather raises the question, why would such an intelligent man chase such a pointless trinket.

Tony Mark I was notorious for his desire to be popular. But after he resigned he joined the left footers and now appears desperate to piss everyone off.I suspect it is all that Catholic guilt coming to the fore

Algerie Francais !

Barry

† The end is nigh †

cromwell

Quote from: Sheepy on January 06, 2022, 10:11:30 AM
It has become a constant battle between the people who you vote for removing more and more freedoms and those who say no this isn't right. Democracy is being abused. 
I would agree,we now need to bring them to account without ending up going down the same road.

Sheepy

It has become a constant battle between the people who you vote for removing more and more freedoms and those who say no this isn't right. Democracy is being abused.  

Good old

Quote from: cromwell on January 05, 2022, 04:31:59 PM
Well if you want to forget the morals it's estimated saddam killed between 50 to 100000 of his people the estimate as a direct result of the bush Bliar war is half a million Iraqis.

Now tell me he deserves an award or complain that people condemn him whilst you think it fine to condemn saddam.
Well yes you did say estimate and estimated. But what the hell, we disagree , I think we can both agree on that.
:) 

cromwell

Quote from: Good old on January 05, 2022, 08:02:19 PM

No I haven't moved anything, I gave no actual number just a broad assessment in hundreds of thousands.
You gave assessments for what you claim, And if you want to make your argument on casualties as a result of the war ,then you need to recognise Saddams, killing would not have stopped . A good deal of the killing directly after the war and to this day was militia, fights that could well have happened sooner or later anyway. Other wars ,that was only making the point that others have created other wars and not got this criticism.
I simply disagree , the thousands fighting Iran, Kuwait , the many thousands we know of in his own  country.and he was no friend, and given the chance a threat.
The allies created the most death and damage, 1939-1946 it doesn't mean it was wrong to be in the fight.
Yes you have moved the goalposts,and no I didnt give assessment I gave you figures freely available and you are equating ww2 and why it was fought with gulf war 2.

Anyway the poll in Steve's posts rather looks  like a substantial majority aren't happy with it.

We disagree.