Why don't we have a right to properly defend ourselves?

Started by Barry, January 04, 2022, 03:45:01 PM

« previous - next »

Streetwalker

Quote from: Barry on January 04, 2022, 03:45:01 PM
Actually we do, but if we are attacked, we can only use as much force as is necessary to prevent the attack, which may include killing the attacker.

I was chatting to my son about this. We seem to have signed over our defence to the police to look after us when we are attacked. The trouble is, they are not there when we want them, are they?

Why can't people carry pepper spray to repel an attack? Why can't we carry a knife to repel an attack, or a baton of some sort.
I'm not suggesting we want to be armed with guns, but my son said if he lived in America, he would buy one. He's the most peaceful chap on the planet.

My question is, why can't law abiding people carry pepper spray, a baton or a knife, in case they are attacked, or to defend someone else being attacked on our streets? Would you carry a weapon of defence, if you were allowed to?
No I wouldnt carry a weapon . I dont really see myself in  any situation that would require one . 

T00ts

Quote from: Barry on January 04, 2022, 03:45:01 PM
Actually we do, but if we are attacked, we can only use as much force as is necessary to prevent the attack, which may include killing the attacker.

I was chatting to my son about this. We seem to have signed over our defence to the police to look after us when we are attacked. The trouble is, they are not there when we want them, are they?

Why can't people carry pepper spray to repel an attack? Why can't we carry a knife to repel an attack, or a baton of some sort.
I'm not suggesting we want to be armed with guns, but my son said if he lived in America, he would buy one. He's the most peaceful chap on the planet.

My question is, why can't law abiding people carry pepper spray, a baton or a knife, in case they are attacked, or to defend someone else being attacked on our streets? Would you carry a weapon of defence, if you were allowed to?
Who was that chap who shot an intruder in his house a few years back? I guess the problem is if the good and the bad can carry arms of any kind how do we differentiate between them? It would be pointless me carry anything much - they would simply knock me over. If I had a knife would I bring myself to use it? I suspect not.

Barry

† The end is nigh †