Main Menu

Djokovic deported

Started by Streetwalker, January 05, 2022, 11:17:45 PM

« previous - next »

cromwell

Quote from: Borchester on January 07, 2022, 09:02:01 AM

I can't say that I give a toss one way or another over this flu lark, but I have noticed that with all the pills, potion and officialdom acting like a bunch of big girl's blouses, the fatality rate has remained pretty much the same for the 5 months.
Well I can't say I don't give a toss but this has polarised opinions,if the Oz have a rule he should've stuck to it or not gone there.

Its now being made out he's some sort of political prisoner,he isn't but if that's the line they're taking it's a pity this isn't taking place in China where they're taking a much tougher line.

I have mostly kept out of these exchanges because it's pointless,stances taken have become ridiculous to the point any sense of balance has gone out of the window.
Energy....secure and affordable,not that hard is it?

Borchester

Quote from: Thomas on January 07, 2022, 08:15:20 AM
So what is the problem then? Clearly political science , rather than medical science once again. The threat here is nothing more than symbolism , an alleged unvaccintated man sending the "wrong" message out to the plebs and the political elite dont like it.
...and djokovics vaccine status , or lack of , wont make a blind bit of difference to australias outbreak one way or the other.

Its a tennis tournament mate , and 99% of the participants are not australian. If they dont like foreigners travelling in their country , then why the fack hold an international tennis tournament?
It is a surprise , for the reasons given above , and the fact the rules are an arse.

Im surprised at your stance on covid streetwalker , given

1. Your long standing commitment to personal freedoms

2.Your long standing opposition to authoritarian measures

3. The lack of common sense and medical science in those arguments , as someone i regard as normally being sensible and taking a measured view.

If this vaccine stopped the virus spreading , stopped people contracting it , then i would acknowledge you and others like you have a point. It doesnt , and you dont.

I can't say that I give a toss one way or another over this flu lark, but I have noticed that with all the pills, potion and officialdom acting like a bunch of big girl's blouses, the fatality rate has remained pretty much the same for the 5 months.
Algerie Francais !

Thomas

Quote from: Streetwalker on January 06, 2022, 11:15:48 AM
I dont suppose he is a threat to Australians or anyone else .
So what is the problem then? Clearly political science , rather than medical science once again. The threat here is nothing more than symbolism , an alleged unvaccintated man sending the "wrong" message out to the plebs and the political elite dont like it.

QuoteBut you have to take into account that Australia is in the middle of an outbreak and they are being asked to get jabbed ,wear masks almost everywhere ,quarantine if they have any contact with anyone that coughed in the last month , in short some of the toughest restrictions in the World
...and djokovics vaccine status , or lack of , wont make a blind bit of difference to australias outbreak one way or the other.

They also have travel restrictions for basically anyone that is not Australian

Its a tennis tournament mate , and 99% of the participants are not australian. If they dont like foreigners travelling in their country , then why the fack hold an international tennis tournament?

Quoteno surprise they have rejected a tennis player who thinks he is above the rules
It is a surprise , for the reasons given above , and the fact the rules are an arse.

Im surprised at your stance on covid streetwalker , given

1. Your long standing commitment to personal freedoms

2.Your long standing opposition to authoritarian measures

3. The lack of common sense and medical science in those arguments , as someone i regard as normally being sensible and taking a measured view.

If this vaccine stopped the virus spreading , stopped people contracting it , then i would acknowledge you and others like you have a point. It doesnt , and you dont.
An Fhirinn an aghaidh an t-Saoghail!

cromwell

Borchester

Algerie Francais !

Borchester

Quote from: cromwell on January 06, 2022, 03:27:24 PM
Well balls he might have but can't serve them in Oz ;)
That is cruel, but bloody funny :):)
Algerie Francais !

Barry

Quote from: Scott777 on January 06, 2022, 03:03:21 PM
TENNIS star Nikoloz Basilashvili was forced to retire after struggling to breathe and needing treatment from a doctor.

https://www.thesun.co.uk/sport/17227782/tennis-basilashvili-struggles-breathe-doctor/

Are we to assume the unsaid thing is that this was post jab? If so, can we have some clarity. If not, you are just fishing.
† The end is nigh †

Streetwalker

Quote from: Scott777 on January 06, 2022, 03:03:21 PM
TENNIS star Nikoloz Basilashvili was forced to retire after struggling to breathe and needing treatment from a doctor.

https://www.thesun.co.uk/sport/17227782/tennis-basilashvili-struggles-breathe-doctor/

And ?

cromwell

Quote from: Scott777 on January 06, 2022, 02:07:19 PM
Being scared of Covid is not a reason to use needles.  For standing his ground, he's got balls.  😁
Well balls he might have but can't serve them in Oz ;)

Scott777

Those princes who have done great things have held good faith of little account, and have known how to craftily circumvent the intellect of men.  Niccolò Machiavelli.

Sheepy

Quote from: Scott777 on January 06, 2022, 02:07:19 PM
Being scared of Covid is not a reason to use needles.  For standing his ground, he's got balls.  😁
I thought of something amusing the other day of how little things change when you think about it, Dick Turpin turned up in a mask threating your life with menaces unless you handed over all of your wealth. I don't know if he held garden parties though when out of sight. But he certainly didn't walk around in a mask all of the time.
Just because I don't say anything, it doesn't mean I haven't noticed!

Scott777

Quote from: Streetwalker on January 05, 2022, 11:17:45 PM
Looks like the Aussies are taking a hard line with the Serb  tennis star not being vaccinated . Currently with his visa cancelled sitting in the airport awaiting a plane out

Serves him right ,big tart , being scared of needles is not a medical exemption 

Those princes who have done great things have held good faith of little account, and have known how to craftily circumvent the intellect of men.  Niccolò Machiavelli.

Streetwalker

Quote from: Barry on January 06, 2022, 10:53:04 AM
Why is he a threat to the Australians? He's had a negative test before entering the country.
I dont suppose he is a threat to Australians or anyone else . But you have to take into account that Australia is in the middle of an outbreak and they are being asked to get jabbed ,wear masks almost everywhere ,quarantine if they have any contact with anyone that coughed in the last month , in short some of the toughest restrictions in the World 

They also have travel restrictions for basically anyone that is not Australian . Special dispensation is given to fully vaccinated almost exclusively on compassionate grounds  . There are Australians who have had like we did not see loved ones for months on end so its no surprise they have rejected a tennis player who thinks he is above the rules 

Barry

Quote from: Streetwalker on January 06, 2022, 10:50:09 AM
I think we did all this on another thread . Vaccine =slight increase in heart problems for people under 30 . The infection itself also carries a higher  increased risk of heart problems . 

Non of this applies to Djokovic as he is 34
Why is he a threat to the Australians? He's had a negative test before entering the country.
† The end is nigh †

Sheepy

Quote from: Streetwalker on January 06, 2022, 10:50:09 AM
I think we did all this on another thread . Vaccine =slight increase in heart problems for people under 30 . The infection itself also carries a higher  increased risk of heart problems . 

Non of this applies to Djokovic as he is 34
If it were in black and white the denial is strong.
Just because I don't say anything, it doesn't mean I haven't noticed!