Main Menu

Djokovic deported

Started by Streetwalker, January 05, 2022, 11:17:45 PM

« previous - next »

Nick

I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you.

Sheepy

Just because I don't say anything, it doesn't mean I haven't noticed!

Scott777

Quote from: Streetwalker on January 16, 2022, 12:38:02 PM

You choose not to mention for instance '' A vaccinated person is less likely to get covid in the first instance ,is less contagious and contagious for a shorter period of time resulting in less spread of the virus in highly vaccinated community

To recap COVID-19: How do vaccinations help stop the spread? | World Economic Forum (weforum.org)

I appreciate that you have been more honourable than certain people to admit when you have changed your mind, and be open to debate, but I still think you are jumping to some of your conclusions.  "A vaccinated person is less likely to get covid in the first instance" - yes, but by how much?  Is it significant, or not, and where is the evidence?

And, if you support the WEF opinion on vaccines, in absence of evidence, do you also support 'own nothing and be happy'?
Those princes who have done great things have held good faith of little account, and have known how to craftily circumvent the intellect of men.  Niccolò Machiavelli.

Nick

Quote from: Barry on January 16, 2022, 01:13:16 PM
Currently, yes, with restrictions. These could be changed any time.
https://www.gov.uk/guidance/travel-to-england-from-another-country-during-coronavirus-covid-19#:~:text=When%20you%20arrive%20in%20England%20%E2%80%93%20not%20fully%20vaccinated,these%20tests%20before%20you%20travel
If the Serbian authorities follow the correct procedure he will have a Serbian stamp in a Serbian passport identifying he has been deported from a country. This will cause issues where ever he goes. If he doesn't have the deportation identifier everyone will know the Serbian authorities haven't followed procedure which might also cause him grief. 
I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you.

Thomas

Quote from: papasmurf on January 16, 2022, 04:42:56 PM
The non compliance came to light afterwards he had ignored the regulations in his own country.
doesnt matter, there has been a further court case and the ozzie government havent deported him for any errors or lies  in compliance.

An Fhirinn an aghaidh an t-Saoghail!

papasmurf

Quote from: Thomas on January 16, 2022, 04:39:25 PM
The australian government didnt revoke his visa or deport him because of any error or lie , or breaking of any rule.
The non compliance came to light afterwards he had ignored the regulations in his own country.
Nemini parco qui vivit in orbe

Thomas

Quote from: papasmurf on January 16, 2022, 04:32:29 PM
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-australia-59935127#:~:text=Tennis%20star%20Novak%20Djokovic%20has,as%20Australia%20mulls%20deporting%20him.

Novak Djokovic admits breaking isolation while Covid positive

Published4 days ago

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/59939122
The australian government didnt revoke his visa or deport him because of any error or lie , or breaking of any rule.

Thomas

Quote from: papasmurf on January 16, 2022, 02:40:39 PM
Upon close examination by Australian authorities he didn't there were lies on his declaration.
not sure thats true pappy. The aussie immigration minister Alex Hawke said clearly on the court documents that he hadnt broke any rules and had entered oz legally.  No mention of any lies in court.

The Australian Lawyers' Alliance spoke about the Novak Djokovic situation and the federal government's decision to cancel the visa of the world No. 1. Djokovic refused to get vaccinated but flew to Australia after being granted a medical exemption for the Australian Open.
Djokovic had his visa cancelled upon his arrival to Australia but it was reinstated after he won his appeal in court. On Friday, Immigration Minister Alex Hawke exercised his power to revoke the visa of Djokovic. After the announcement was made, the federal government suggested that allowing Djokovic to stay while he is unvaccinated would send a wrong message to the society.
"One of the most dangerous aspects of the Djokovic matter is the preparedness of the federal government to deem someone to be a risk to public order simply on the basis of what it perceives that person's views might be," the Australian Lawyers' Alliance said, per Sasa Ozmo.

Djokovic had his visa cancelled for a second time

On Friday, Immigration Minister Hawke announced the decision everyone was waiting for. "Today I exercised my power under section 133C(3) of the Migration Act to cancel the visa held by Mr Novak Djokovic on health and good order grounds, on the basis that it was in the public interest to do so," Hawke said in a statement on Friday.
"This decision followed orders by the Federal Circuit and Family Court on 10 January 2022, quashing a prior cancellation decision on procedural fairness grounds. "In making this decision, I carefully considered information provided to me by the Department of Home Affairs, the Australian Border For.
and Mr Djokovic. "The Morrison Government is firmly committed to protecting Australia's borders, particularly in relation to the COVID-19 pandemic. "I thank the officers of the Department of Horne Affairs and the Australian Border Force who work every day to serve Australia's interests in increasingly challenging operational environments.

https://www.tennisworldusa.org/tennis/news/Novak_Djokovic/107720/australian-lawyers-alliance-weighs-in-on-novak-djokovic-controversy/

papasmurf

Quote from: B0ycey on January 16, 2022, 01:57:18 PM
He did enter Australia legally, 
Upon close examination by Australian authorities he didn't there were lies on his declaration.
Nemini parco qui vivit in orbe

B0ycey

Quote from: Thomas on January 16, 2022, 01:24:54 PM
He entered australia legally boycey. The decision to revoke his visa and hold him pending deportation came later.

Doesnt matter now though does it?

He did enter Australia legally, but clearly Australia have the right to cancel his visa on health and safety concerns. 

Nonetheless I don't blame Djokovic for anything. Some dipshit though it was a good idea to put down having Covid was grounds to have a medical exception and clearly Djokovic wanted to exploit that which means he should play. But the Aussies didn't want him there and ScoMo through he could get some votes off this. Hence the saga.

Thomas

Quote from: B0ycey on January 16, 2022, 01:19:42 PM

Nonetheless from my understanding in this case was Djokokic was originally released because the Australian boarder controls didn't follow the correct procedures in cancelling his visa. Not that Tennis Australia had the right to give him one.
He entered australia legally boycey. The decision to revoke his visa and hold him pending deportation came later.

Doesnt matter now though does it?

B0ycey

Quote from: Thomas on January 16, 2022, 01:12:01 PM
chance he might not. Could be though , if he is treated as a leper and outcast by the world elite for disobeying their rules , it has the opposite effect and he becomes a martyr that people rally round.

Not sure what johnson and co will do. I suspect though many in the tory party will have a large bit of sympathy for him.

He will subject to the rules of the time. I suspect by July there won't be any and as such no reason to not to give him a visa.

Nonetheless from my understanding in this case was Djokokic was originally released because the Australian boarder controls didn't follow the correct procedures in cancelling his visa. Not that Tennis Australia had the right to give him one. Which is why he is being deported now. The grounds for the cancellation of the visa is because he is seen as a national threat to health, and given the reaction to this saga, that is difficult to argue against.

Thomas