This is what you get if you vote green

Started by cromwell, January 10, 2022, 05:01:26 AM

« previous - next »

Borchester

Quote from: johnofgwent on February 18, 2022, 08:22:38 PM
Stunning tale on a satellite channel earlier tonight

Apparently the burghers of this 500 year old German town were delighted with the go green option of geothermal energy and happily signed up to drill a borehole 150 metres into the ground 15 years ago and enjoyed a d cafe and a half of free energy.

But the water pumped up reacted with the bedrock on which their town was built, reacting with it and converting it to gypsum. Which expands

As a result their 500 year old properties are cracking up.

There was no trouble until they followed the ideas of the Greta brigade and started going green, destroying their environment without knowing why.......

That is so true.

I like the idea of planting trees and poddling about on my bike, but the Greta Glumbergs of the world have made the whole business so bloody boring.
Algerie Francais !

johnofgwent

Stunning tale on a satellite channel earlier tonight

Apparently the burghers of this 500 year old German town were delighted with the go green option of geothermal energy and happily signed up to drill a borehole 150 metres into the ground 15 years ago and enjoyed a d cafe and a half of free energy.

But the water pumped up reacted with the bedrock on which their town was built, reacting with it and converting it to gypsum. Which expands

As a result their 500 year old properties are cracking up.

There was no trouble until they followed the ideas of the Greta brigade and started going green, destroying their environment without knowing why.......

<t>In matters of taxation, Lord Clyde\'s summing up in the 1929 case Inland Revenue v Ayrshire Pullman Services is worth a glance.</t>

papasmurf

Quote from: Streetwalker on January 10, 2022, 01:33:41 PM
  Queer feckers down in Brighton

Apparently so, 11–15% of the city's population aged 16 or over is thought to be lesbian, gay or bisexual.
Nemini parco qui vivit in orbe

HDQQ

Quote from: Streetwalker on January 22, 2022, 04:37:43 PM
Fat Man on a Bicycle (1914) | BFI - YouTube
This large man is displaying behaviours that are rarely found among cyclists. It is not an accurate portrayal of cyclists Dancing
Formerly known as Hyperduck Quack Quack.
I might not be an expert but I do know enough to correct you when you're wrong!

Streetwalker

Quote from: HDQQ on January 22, 2022, 01:28:34 PM

If cycle lanes are well thought out and (as far as possible) physically segregated from motor traffic, more people would use them and that would reduce congestion further - at least in good weather.
Fat Man on a Bicycle (1914) | BFI - YouTube

HDQQ

I would very much doubt if London is the world's most congested city despite a recent report to that effect. On the few occasions I've been to central London in recent years it seems noticeably less congested than it was 40-50 years ago. Of course there were only a few disjointed stretches of the M25 in existence in those days so there was no 'London by-pass' so through traffic had the choice of the North Circular or going right through central London.  I well remember family trips of yore from the Home Counties down to the West Country via Hyde Park Corner.

If cycle lanes are well thought out and (as far as possible) physically segregated from motor traffic, more people would use them and that would reduce congestion further - at least in good weather.
Formerly known as Hyperduck Quack Quack.
I might not be an expert but I do know enough to correct you when you're wrong!

Streetwalker

A complete waste of time and money is what you get .  Queer feckers down in Brighton 

Not only being replicated in Manchester ,London has a  similar daft bugger in charge  created the worlds most congested city 

Cycle lanes blamed as London becomes world's most congested city | Evening Standard

And the connection is ?

cromwell

I don't live in Brighton ( thankfully) but here's a cyclist with a brain challenging the dogma I only came across this looking around the country because of the **** who masquerading as mayor in Mancland.
https://www.brightonandhovenews.org/2022/01/10/a-hove-seafront-cyclist-gives-her-verdict-on-duplicate-lane/

But here in Manchester where we have the arsehole Burnham with ideas as daft,make massive cycle lanes hardly used thereby causing traffic jams for no good reason then say it's causing more pollution and introduce a charge,,,,,,,bloody idiocy.
Energy....secure and affordable,not that hard is it?