1997 revisited. Labour proposing windfall tax.

Started by srb7677, January 10, 2022, 08:12:49 AM

« previous - next »

Thomas

Quote from: srb7677 on January 10, 2022, 08:12:49 AM
These Labour prats really do seem to think it is 1997 revisited. Now they are coming up with a repeat of their windfall tax policy, this time on gas and North Sea oil....

Labour proposes windfall tax on North Sea oil and gas to reduce bills | Labour | The Guardian

I remember the last one....a one off levy that disappeared without trace thereafter followed by no real change at all. Once Labour was in power of course. We still all continued to be ripped off.

This is just another similar one off gimmick and I think those old enough to remember the last one are far more likely to see through it this time. What the energy sector needs is major structural reform, and probably some measure of public ownership, but Sir Wet Lettuce, advised by Tory Blur with his new shitehood, is never going to deliver meaningfull change. This windfall tax idea is just a transparent populist gimmick.
The labour party , once more , want scotland to subsidise england ? I did see that and laughed srb , and of course most scottish are laughing at starmer yet again.

Did you see corbyn is thinking of starting his own new party ? Wonder how that will go down in englandshire? Hopefully it does go ahead and takes many many votes of of starmers new new labour.

An Fhirinn an aghaidh an t-Saoghail!

srb7677

These Labour prats really do seem to think it is 1997 revisited. Now they are coming up with a repeat of their windfall tax policy, this time on gas and North Sea oil....

Labour proposes windfall tax on North Sea oil and gas to reduce bills | Labour | The Guardian

I remember the last one....a one off levy that disappeared without trace thereafter followed by no real change at all. Once Labour was in power of course. We still all continued to be ripped off. 

This is just another similar one off gimmick and I think those old enough to remember the last one are far more likely to see through it this time. What the energy sector needs is major structural reform, and probably some measure of public ownership, but Sir Wet Lettuce, advised by Tory Blur with his new shitehood, is never going to deliver meaningfull change. This windfall tax idea is just a transparent populist gimmick.
We are not all in the same boat. We are in the same storm. Some of us have yachts. Some of us have canoes. Some of us are drowning.