Main Menu

Pudding for 2022

Started by T00ts, January 10, 2022, 12:06:49 PM

« previous - next »

T00ts

Quote from: srb7677 on January 10, 2022, 05:24:02 PM
Not sure to be honest. Was always told it was bread pudding and never enquired as to all the ingredients. It tasted nice, whatever it was.
I have to say both are yummy!

srb7677

Quote from: T00ts on January 10, 2022, 05:10:30 PM
Bread pudding as opposed to bread and butter pudding? Quite different concoctions.
Not sure to be honest. Was always told it was bread pudding and never enquired as to all the ingredients. It tasted nice, whatever it was.
We are not all in the same boat. We are in the same storm. Some of us have yachts. Some of us have canoes. Some of us are drowning.

T00ts

Quote from: srb7677 on January 10, 2022, 05:07:54 PM
A bit basic I know but I used to love the bread pudding my nan used to cook when I was a kid back in the 70s.

No bread pudding I have ever tasted since even begins to come close to nan's.

PS, she was actually my gran on my father's side but she preferred to be referred to as nan.
Bread pudding as opposed to bread and butter pudding? Quite different concoctions. 

srb7677

A bit basic I know but I used to love the bread pudding my nan used to cook when I was a kid back in the 70s.

No bread pudding I have ever tasted since even begins to come close to nan's.

PS, she was actually my gran on my father's side but she preferred to be referred to as nan.
We are not all in the same boat. We are in the same storm. Some of us have yachts. Some of us have canoes. Some of us are drowning.

T00ts

Quote from: cromwell on January 10, 2022, 01:49:45 PM
Something I thought up,sometimes I crumble a bit of flake on it too.
Interesting. Perhaps you have missed your vocation! :-* 

T00ts

Quote from: Barry on January 10, 2022, 01:47:29 PM
My daughter asked me if I would like a particular dessert on my birthday. I requested pineapple upside down pudding (or cake) and she looked it up and it said "retro dessert". Made me feel older than I am.
Oh yes I used to make that one often. Perhaps retro is where it's all really at!

cromwell

Quote from: T00ts on January 10, 2022, 01:29:02 PM
Now that's a new recipe on me. Does it have an origin? Something you have thought up or...
Something I thought up,sometimes I crumble a bit of flake on it too.
Energy....secure and affordable,not that hard is it?

Barry

My daughter asked me if I would like a particular dessert on my birthday. I requested pineapple upside down pudding (or cake) and she looked it up and it said "retro dessert". Made me feel older than I am. 
† The end is nigh †

T00ts

Quote from: Sampanviking on January 10, 2022, 01:32:05 PM
Pudding for 2022, that's a very precise as well as a large number Toots. Are your soirees usually of this magnitude?
Dancing Dancing Dancing Dancing Thank you first giggle of the week. The actual name of this new pud will apparently be something like Queen's Platinum Pudding! They are hopeful that it will follow Victoria Sponge into the classics.  

Sampanviking

Pudding for 2022, that's a very precise as well as a large number Toots. Are your soirees usually of this magnitude?

T00ts

Quote from: cromwell on January 10, 2022, 01:15:54 PM
I like a good vanilla ice cream with meringue bits with a measure of port over it

As for puddings the political world is full of 'em. :)
Now that's a new recipe on me. Does it have an origin? Something you have thought up or...

cromwell

I like a good vanilla ice cream with meringue bits with a measure of port over it

As for puddings the political world is full of 'em. :)
Energy....secure and affordable,not that hard is it?

Streetwalker

Quote from: T00ts on January 10, 2022, 01:02:05 PM
Really? - gosh that makes my taste buds cringe just thinking about it.  Puke
No its brilliant , gets you ready for the cheese :-\

T00ts

Quote from: Streetwalker on January 10, 2022, 12:38:13 PM
Gooseberry crumble for me  . Sharper the better
Really? - gosh that makes my taste buds cringe just thinking about it.  Puke

Streetwalker

Gooseberry crumble for me  . Sharper the better