Why those parties have made me angry

Started by Barry, January 11, 2022, 03:48:53 PM

« previous - next »

Barry

Quote from: Sheepy on January 11, 2022, 05:38:46 PM
Ever considered the establishment knew something everyone else didn't including the undermining of Lord Frost?
Can't see how the parties are about Brexit. The parties are about the worst kind of hypocrisy and the worst kind of elitism, which they think they can do what they like whilst the plebs suffer, even whilst those plebs are throwing themselves off car parks or onto railway lines.
Some of their supporters make light of that, but I've got to the end of my tether.
† The end is nigh †

T00ts

Quote from: Sheepy on January 11, 2022, 06:27:15 PM
We have shown no end patience 6 years of it.
Maybe. I reckon we have it in us to hang on. We are British, have a stiff upper lip and queuing is a national pastime. We'll be fine.

Sheepy

Quote from: T00ts on January 11, 2022, 06:23:00 PM
I never said that. I can't help it if I agree with you.
We have shown no end patience 6 years of it.
Just because I don't say anything, it doesn't mean I haven't noticed!

T00ts

Quote from: Sheepy on January 11, 2022, 06:10:48 PM
Ah so now you know better than the rest of us, who knew?
I never said that. I can't help it if I agree with you. 

Sheepy

Quote from: T00ts on January 11, 2022, 06:09:09 PM
I don't doubt it - I should think he has joined a long line awaiting their moment. Patience!
Ah so now you know better than the rest of us, who knew?

T00ts

Quote from: Sheepy on January 11, 2022, 06:07:19 PM
Well let's just say Lord Frost will have his revenge.
I don't doubt it - I should think he has joined a long line awaiting their moment. Patience!

Sheepy

Quote from: T00ts on January 11, 2022, 06:06:00 PM
Ah bless. The problem is that without concrete evidence rather than hearsay/rumour truth is like beauty - in the eye of the beholder. :P
Well let's just say Lord Frost will have his revenge. 

T00ts

Quote from: Sheepy on January 11, 2022, 05:55:36 PM
Why give it up? if it is true which it is.
Ah bless. The problem is that without concrete evidence rather than hearsay/rumour truth is like beauty - in the eye of the beholder. :P

T00ts

Quote from: Good old on January 11, 2022, 05:57:48 PM
No I am not calling for an election, believe it or not , we are in such a state as a country , an election as such will only shift the blame for the over all mess. No I want the Tories to try and sort their own mess.
If they can not, we may as well know that in two years time, Starmer, needs to start from scratch not pick up now and get the blame in two years.  As for , is Starmer capable,? Who knows for sure, but one thing is for sure and that is Boris, is taking British, politics to new depths, and if the Tories themselves value any trace of integrity in how our politics are conducted he should not remain in office.
Ah There I would agree. Which is why we the electorate need patience. Anger only hurts ourselves anyway - a complete waste of energy.

Good old

Quote from: T00ts on January 11, 2022, 05:19:19 PM
And once again I would say what are you going to call for? A fallen Government? An election? It is not in your or my gift to call it. No to some extent I have agreed it's a mess but would your friend Starmer be any more competent? Gosh poor chap he keeps getting Covid - he could be even less at his desk than BJ. No it's up to the parliamentary members to feel the mood of the public and bring their leaders into line. We as the electorate can only watch and patiently wait.
Rome was never built in a day and we need to wait for the machines to turn and a potential new leader to appear. The talk is Rishi so they are already looking and have been for a while. Personally I hope it isn't him but it remains that BJ must be given a chance to get it right. His failure will not be the failure of the Conservative party. Unlike the Corbyn effect on Labour.

No I am not calling for an election, believe it or not , we are in such a state as a country , an election as such will only shift the blame for the over all mess. No I want the Tories to try and sort their own mess.
If they can not, we may as well know that in two years time, Starmer, needs to start from scratch not pick up now and get the blame in two years.  As for , is Starmer capable,? Who knows for sure, but one thing is for sure and that is Boris, is taking British, politics to new depths, and if the Tories themselves value any trace of integrity in how our politics are conducted he should not remain in office.

Sheepy

Quote from: T00ts on January 11, 2022, 05:46:06 PM
Give it up Sheeps. Explain why any Government  of any colour of hypocrisy would intentionally undermine their own country. In fact don't bother. It must be a real nightmare to only see faults in others.
Why give it up? if it is true which it is.

Borchester

Quote from: T00ts on January 11, 2022, 04:51:54 PM
I'm sorry, my reaction was borne out of sheer frustration. I agree that Government - and I believe on all sides - has got it all so wrong at present. The trouble is that if we react violently we will throw the baby out with the bath water. This is a moment for some deep thought. I am sure the current Cabinet and BJ are more than aware of the 'anger' out there but it is created in so many ways not least by the frustration encountered over the last 2 years. I have no doubt that on the evidence of other countries before us they were right to shut down just as everyone else had. We have to remember that they were running scared of just what Covid would do to those where their first responsibility is protection.
I have read that Cabinet/Whitehall were working 24/7 at the time (which I can easily believe and said so at the time) trying to get a handle on it. Those in Government etc are not experts in very much, certainly not scientists or medical researchers, and quite rightly they listened hard to those who had the expertise. My question all along has been just what would anyone else with a job in Downing St have done?
So, shattered, in a work bubble where they saw each other all the time they got together in the garden. So what? Really! They are human beings who simply didn't think what they were doing. Apologise and move on. Of course that won't satisfy those with a 'bring the Government down' agenda.
My next question is this. Is anyone in the world really truly thinking rationally at present? There are so many problems looming - is a garden party that looked pretty socially distanced, a few polite drinks or even an online quiz, really such a big deal? There is so much bigger a picture.
Look on the bright side Toots.

I know that Boris appears to have lost a certain amount of his natural rat like cunning recently, but I doubt that he has gone completely doolally. The local elections are due in four months so we can expect some sort of bung.
Algerie Francais !

T00ts

Quote from: Sheepy on January 11, 2022, 05:38:46 PM
Ever considered the establishment knew something everyone else didn't including the undermining of Lord Frost?
Give it up Sheeps. Explain why any Government  of any colour of hypocrisy would intentionally undermine their own country. In fact don't bother. It must be a real nightmare to only see faults in others. 

Sheepy

T00ts

Quote from: Barry on January 11, 2022, 05:12:24 PM
I appreciate the general tone of your post, which is why I thanked it.

This wasn't in the period of social distancing. It was in the time when two women in Derbyshire were being fined for having a coffee together in the open air. When all schools were closed and children were murdered because their parents could not cope.
But you are very brave to try to say that it is no big deal. It really is a big deal. Hypocrisy and creating laws to control the plebs whilst having a 100 people party is despicable. They will have to take the consequences
Government is not responsible for the despicable acts of others. They had a choice. Yes the Government made a PR misjudgement. In the case of the two women and their coffee I believe the police were pulled up on it for not understanding the rules and yes there was a lot of that. Schools were closed except for essential workers kids but just how much were their unions part of that?  I certainly would not have wanted to try and make those decisions and I doubt any of us would but hey ho why worry about the pressure others are under. Just tear them apart. 
I have more or less isolated now since March 1st 2020 and do not resent the efforts made to protect people like me. I am grateful to everyone. Laws I was always told are for idiots and if you think about it Government could no more test IQ of each individual before a decision to protect them was made. It must be a nightmare trying to 'save' idiots who really don't care or want to be saved or simply don't understand the threat.
They met up as work colleagues and it was ill judged. Was it terminal? No!