Why those parties have made me angry

Started by Barry, January 11, 2022, 03:48:53 PM

« previous - next »

cromwell

Quote from: B0ycey on January 12, 2022, 02:58:59 PM
I am more sure from your response that there is more we agree on than disagree. All I will ask is do you think a monarch doesn't have the ability to rob us (given historically that is what monarchs have done certainly before Cromwell)?

The whole point of democracy is you can vote out someone who is a crook or doing a bad job. You can't do that under born privilege. If Johnson was King, he would remain king and there is nothing you can do about that. Kind of like the sleazy Lords you have who are caught buying prostitutes. They stay in power and take their prostitution money despite the revelation. Johnson on the other hand seems destined to be ousted. I don't look at Johnson and think, shit I wouldn't want him as president. I look at Johnson and think thank f**k we can vote him out.
Fair comment but I look at how they stitch things up now,I think we need a massive overhaul of the Lords,Commons and the voting system.
Energy....secure and affordable,not that hard is it?

B0ycey

Quote from: cromwell on January 12, 2022, 02:46:41 PM
Correct but I don't support crooks as presidents either,they'll stick it up as they always do  hardly anyone will vote and we'll end up with another **** on their second turn at robbing us whilst pretending it's democratic.
I am more sure from your response that there is more we agree on than disagree. All I will ask is do you think a monarch doesn't have the ability to rob us (given historically that is what monarchs have done certainly before Cromwell)?

The whole point of democracy is you can vote out someone who is a crook or doing a bad job. You can't do that under born privilege. If Johnson was King, he would remain king and there is nothing you can do about that. Kind of like the sleazy Lords you have who are caught buying prostitutes. They stay in power and take their prostitution money despite the revelation. Johnson on the other hand seems destined to be ousted. I don't look at Johnson and think, shit I wouldn't want him as president. I look at Johnson and think thank F@@@ we can vote him out.

cromwell

Quote from: B0ycey on January 12, 2022, 02:40:39 PM
Of course. But the figurehead would be elected.

Don't let the actions of Johnson cloud your judgement here. In an equal society everyone should have the opportunity to be head of state. I don't support born privilege.
Correct but I don't support crooks as presidents either,they'll stick it up as they always do  hardly anyone will vote and we'll end up with another **** on their second turn at robbing us whilst pretending it's democratic.

B0ycey

Quote from: cromwell on January 12, 2022, 02:31:25 PM
No a president will be a figurehead but still cost us,I wouldn't mind a figurehead president who is not some ex sleazy politician.
Of course. But the figurehead would be elected.

Don't let the actions of Johnson cloud your judgement here. In an equal society everyone should have the opportunity to be head of state. I don't support born privilege.

B0ycey

Quote from: Good old on January 12, 2022, 02:13:27 PM
That could be the case, and  it should be. I just wonder though, does he know she will cave in to some obscure technicality ?  Leaving him saying well that's all right then. Let's face it just a week or so ago , his dealings over his flat were washed away. Even though his late revelation of an Important E mail should have undermined his previous position.
What we got from another so called unprejudiced  investigation was , we will ignore that ,but you have undermined my position. What? Did he mean now everyone knows I was never independent?

My instinct was the plan initially was to have the inquiry undercover virtually nothing of any great relevance and to have a few minions pushed under the bus for some minor infractions to save BoJos ass. Sue Gray is after all a government official who works for BoJo and this was an inside inquiry so I do think the plan at first was to have it fixed (which is why the inquiry should have been done by a lawyer not a party official). But a BS inquiry won't fly now with the public since the shenanigans this week and now I expect the report to be damning so BoJo is going to have to take the bullet to save the party. He has held his hands up at lunch time and I suspect he will resign once the report is published. That was what I was reading from his body language given his answer every time he was asked whether he was going to resign was "wait until the enquiry has finished".

Good old

Quote from: cromwell on January 12, 2022, 02:31:25 PM
No a president will be a figurehead but still cost us,I wouldn't mind a figurehead president who is not some ex sleazy politician.

The problem being the office invariably ends up having  enormous costs . The Cromwells would know only to well.

cromwell

Quote from: B0ycey on January 12, 2022, 02:27:59 PM
Prime Minister or President? What difference does the title matter really? You still have the chance of having a Clown running the show if they get elected. However one system means giving away £100mn away in taxes to a wealthy family who has inherited vast property from feudalism and one you give power to elected representatives under democracy. It isn't the Queen I have an issue with in any case. It is the fact I don't support born privilege and if that means calling Johnson President Johnson for that belief then so be it.

B0ycey

Quote from: cromwell on January 12, 2022, 01:30:37 PM
I am a republican too but imagine him or one of the other useless tossers as president.

Prime Minister or President? What difference does the title matter really? You still have the chance of having a Clown running the show if they get elected. However one system means giving away £100mn away in taxes to a wealthy family who has inherited vast property from feudalism and one you give power to elected representatives under democracy. It isn't the Queen I have an issue with in any case. It is the fact I don't support born privilege and if that means calling Johnson President Johnson for that belief then so be it.

Good old

Quote from: B0ycey on January 12, 2022, 01:04:07 PM
I have been thinking that for a while. After watching PMQs, it is clear he is waiting for the Sue Gray inquiry before taking the bullet. He didn't want to do it today, but I don't see him wanting to cling on for much longer.

That could be the case, and  it should be. I just wonder though, does he know she will cave in to some obscure technicality ?  Leaving him saying well that's all right then. Let's face it just a week or so ago , his dealings over his flat were washed away. Even though his late revelation of an Important E mail should have undermined his previous position.
What we got from another so called unprejudiced  investigation was , we will ignore that ,but you have undermined my position. What? Did he mean now everyone knows I was never independent? 

cromwell

Quote from: B0ycey on January 12, 2022, 01:23:34 PM
He can do whatever he likes and if he makes money off it, then there are some sad Brexit losers who have money to burn out there but whatever. And who cares about peerage? I am a Republican when it comes to the monarchy.

Nonetheless forget the umpteenth scandals for one second, he was never ever PM suitable for the UK and he got his job because he was the face of Brexit and not his suitability. Brexit is over and his clown act is frankly embarrassing now. This is one crisis he is making worse by clinging on and I think it is becoming obvious even to BoJo himself that he is the problem now and it is time for him to move on. And I think he will. But not until the inquiry hammers the final nail in.
I am a republican too but imagine him or one of the other useless tossers as president.

B0ycey

Quote from: cromwell on January 12, 2022, 01:11:46 PM
And off he'll go on the talk circuit and in a few years a knighthood.  Puke
He can do whatever he likes and if he makes money off it, then there are some sad Brexit losers who have money to burn out there but whatever. And who cares about peerage? I am a Republican when it comes to the monarchy.

Nonetheless forget the umpteenth scandals for one second, he was never ever PM suitable for the UK and he got his job because he was the face of Brexit and not his suitability. Brexit is over and his clown act is frankly embarrassing now. This is one crisis he is making worse by clinging on and I think it is becoming obvious even to BoJo himself that he is the problem now and it is time for him to move on. And I think he will. But not until the inquiry hammers the final nail in.

cromwell

Quote from: Borchester on January 12, 2022, 01:10:50 PM
I am sorry that you are so timid Barry, but by and large most everyone I know carried on as before. There were some who did as they were told, but you get sad buggers everywhere.

I went into the supermarket before Christmas and some poor hysteric said that I should be wearing a mask. And so should you my dear, I replied, but I am too gallant to say so.

Not very polite, but it raised a laugh or two
Yeah very funny but the rest is cobblers.

cromwell

Quote from: B0ycey on January 12, 2022, 01:04:07 PM
I have been thinking that for a while. After watching PMQs, it is clear he is waiting for the Sue Gray inquiry before taking the bullet. He didn't want to do it today, but I don't see him wanting to cling on for much longer.
And off he'll go on the talk circuit and in a few years a knighthood.  Puke

Borchester

Quote from: Barry on January 12, 2022, 12:29:46 PM
Utter rubbish. You obviously didn't drive on empty roads in town or on empty motorways. They were empty because Lockdown 1 was the first and most severe measure, most people were willing to try 3 weeks of "Stay home, protect the NHS, save lives" to "flatten the curve".

I am sorry that you are so timid Barry, but by and large most everyone I know carried on as before. There were some who did as they were told, but you get sad buggers everywhere.

I went into the supermarket before Christmas and some poor hysteric said that I should be wearing a mask. And so should you my dear, I replied, but I am too gallant to say so.

Not very polite, but it raised a laugh or two
Algerie Francais !

B0ycey

Quote from: T00ts on January 12, 2022, 12:56:14 PM
I can't see any way back.