Why those parties have made me angry

Started by Barry, January 11, 2022, 03:48:53 PM

« previous - next »

johnofgwent

Quote from: Good old on January 14, 2022, 03:40:12 PM
Never mind this Mrs Grey. Or whoever else they dream up.  She doesn't need to confirm this partying was rife. She doesn't need to tell us Boris ,is the boss in Downing Street, so must take the blame.  If Boris, is not already dammed, there is something dreadfully wrong ..it isn't the best situation for the country. But if this is not dealt with, with even the mere resemblance of honourable behaviour, the door is wide open from here on. We have had many reasons to criticise PMs of various persuasions  over many years , but I can not think of one that has persistently attempted or actually ridden rough shod over not just convention but at times the law. Including parliamentary practice.
The mystery at the moment is why the Met, are not all over this.

Really ?

What part of Blair lied to parliament that there was a skills shortage and set up a bogus fast tracked visa scheme and sent two of his cabinet to India to fill this country with IT workers who had no practical idea did you manage to miss
<t>In matters of taxation, Lord Clyde\'s summing up in the 1929 case Inland Revenue v Ayrshire Pullman Services is worth a glance.</t>

cromwell

Quote from: Good old on January 14, 2022, 03:40:12 PM
Never mind this Mrs Grey. Or whoever else they dream up.  She doesn't need to confirm this partying was rife. She doesn't need to tell us Boris ,is the boss in Downing Street, so must take the blame.  If Boris, is not already dammed, there is something dreadfully wrong ..it isn't the best situation for the country. But if this is not dealt with, with even the mere resemblance of honourable behaviour, the door is wide open from here on. We have had many reasons to criticise PMs of various persuasions  over many years , but I can not think of one that has persistently attempted or actually ridden rough shod over not just convention but at times the law. Including parliamentary practice.
Whilst he has done all the things you cite I guess you know what I'm going to say he hasn't caused a bloodbath.
Energy....secure and affordable,not that hard is it?

Good old

Quote from: papasmurf on January 14, 2022, 12:37:45 PM
Breaking:-

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-59997364

Downing Street apologises to Queen over lockdown parties

Published7 minutes ago

Downing Street has apologised to Buckingham Palace for two staff parties in No 10 the night before Prince Philip's funeral.

The gatherings, first reported by The Telegraph, took place on 16 April 2021 and went on until the early hours.
The PM's spokesman said it was "deeply regrettable that this took place at a time of national mourning".
Boris Johnson was not at either party - but he faces questions over alleged Covid rule-breaking at No 10.

Never mind this Mrs Grey. Or whoever else they dream up.  She doesn't need to confirm this partying was rife. She doesn't need to tell us Boris ,is the boss in Downing Street, so must take the blame.  If Boris, is not already dammed, there is something dreadfully wrong ..it isn't the best situation for the country. But if this is not dealt with, with even the mere resemblance of honourable behaviour, the door is wide open from here on. We have had many reasons to criticise PMs of various persuasions  over many years , but I can not think of one that has persistently attempted or actually ridden rough shod over not just convention but at times the law. Including parliamentary practice.

johnofgwent

Quote from: cromwell on January 14, 2022, 02:43:30 PM
I think this woman is due her £12000 back.

https://www.standard.co.uk/news/crime/prince-philip-downing-street-hackney-party-lockdown-covid-rules-b976690.html

This of course is the point.

People were fined for doing what Cummings did and they were told no appeal can be made against the fine. 

Either Cummings needs to be taken out and publicly crucified not for breaking the law but for having the arrogance to presume he could and get away with it, which he has, OR everyone fined for doing nothing more than what these bastard's did needs refunding WITH INTEREST AND their record expunged in the same way Clegg demanded buggers of boys between 16 and 21 be.
<t>In matters of taxation, Lord Clyde\'s summing up in the 1929 case Inland Revenue v Ayrshire Pullman Services is worth a glance.</t>

cromwell

johnofgwent

Quote from: T00ts on January 11, 2022, 04:20:41 PM
Ok so all the cabinet and most of No 10 resign. Where does that leave us? I am so very sick of the hysteria of one thing after another on all sides with little evident logic or reason. So people are cross - it's fashionable so let's all jump on the bandwagon and chase the offenders off into the desert.

When the next election comes you can make your displeasure shown then but let's stop the knee jerk reactions to everything that the media etc spends so much time and effort stirring. Barry you stated somewhere that we are in a post truth place now. If you believe that truly then look at what is really happening. The dissention comes from only one place.

Well, all right. I take your point. If they all resigned who the hell would take over. If there were a no confidence vote Starmer would be a Zionist disaster. I get that.

But this does not mean forgive and forget

Boris and Ferguson deserve to be strung by the balls on that zipwire he was left hanging on, then beaten about the head with a cricket bat. And that's just a start. Cummings should be attached to a waterproof GoPro and a hundredweight of lead and thrown into the Thames and his death livestreamed. And then the stream kept running to see the tidal predators feasting on him.

These bastard's went out of their way to instil fear into the population at all levels. In my grandfather's time we called such scum Lord Haw Haw and shot them, publicly if possible.

There can be no forgiveness. There must be retribution. Not now. But soon.

papasmurf

Breaking:-

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-59997364

Downing Street apologises to Queen over lockdown parties

Published7 minutes ago

Downing Street has apologised to Buckingham Palace for two staff parties in No 10 the night before Prince Philip's funeral.

The gatherings, first reported by The Telegraph, took place on 16 April 2021 and went on until the early hours.
The PM's spokesman said it was "deeply regrettable that this took place at a time of national mourning".
Boris Johnson was not at either party - but he faces questions over alleged Covid rule-breaking at No 10.

Nemini parco qui vivit in orbe

papasmurf

Quote from: Good old on January 13, 2022, 12:16:44 PM

Most of there work meetings must be conducted with the participants bringing and drinking their own booze. >:(
I wonder if the booze and nibbles were paid for using Number 10 issued to staff credit cards.
Nemini parco qui vivit in orbe

srb7677

Quote from: Good old on January 13, 2022, 12:16:44 PM
It's very clear this morning that the Tory party is getting behind the story, that they all thought their party, was actually a work situation.
Well now we know why they are making such a balls up of the affairs of this country.
Most of there work meetings must be conducted with the participants bringing and drinking their own booze. >:(
I think I might suggest the following to our managers. Since this is how work seems to be conducted by our leaders, we should all be allowed to bring a bottle in to work and consume it during our shifts, preferably whilst wearing party hats. Maybe a DJ on the shop floor could be the norm, with staff doing some impromptu singing and dancing from time to time. And when it is time for some of us to clock out, we can all form a line and do the conga up to the clocking machine.
We are not all in the same boat. We are in the same storm. Some of us have yachts. Some of us have canoes. Some of us are drowning.

Good old

It's very clear this morning that the Tory party is getting behind the story, that they all thought their party, was actually a work situation.
Well now we know why they are making such a balls up of the affairs of this country.
Most of there work meetings must be conducted with the participants bringing and drinking their own booze. >:(

Good old

Quote from: cromwell on January 13, 2022, 10:10:33 AM
No not at all,he's still there in the background pouring his poison in Steamers ear.

He's held up as a shining example of labours success,I know you would find it easier if we all forgot the bad bits and only remembered the good such as they were but so many saw through the evil emperors new clothes which btw Starmer still justifies.

Interestingly watching Peston last night and McDonnell was on saying Boris was a liar (and he is) and that by hanging on he's damaging the tories (which he is) I only spat my tea out laughing when he wibbled on that it was destroying not just trust in the tories but labour too in fact the whole of politics lol .......what trust and where's he been all these years.

There was another bloke on an author whose name escapes me but he said  he can't think of a recent PM who would have countenanced this idea of a party in the garden of no 10 ( so much for Borky thinking Boris cunning) but then crucially went on to say but at least he's not killed anyone and describing how in the last 25 years or so how politics have changed and the attitudes of those in what we on here call the Westminster bubble.

Interesting time period :P

I only caught a little of Peston, I had , had enough of , Boris, by then . I did catch a little of McDonnell, and I can understand you laughing.
Trust in politics, and politicians, has been wafer thin for some time now. In a partisan way, ( not our fault) he was admitting ,Boris, has probably put the last nail in. He is right  of course if taken as a whole, trust in the whole system is disappearing.
Boris, doesn't appear to have killed anyone, but he might prove to be the man that applied the final death  blow to a system that has always relied heavily on the illusion of being trustworthy.  It sure is an interesting period. And I would add a dangerous period.

cromwell

Quote from: Good old on January 13, 2022, 09:32:11 AM
Poor hard done Labour. Is the picture that post paints. Blair  ,is not the Labour Party, or haven't you noticed. Blair is an individual that led the party for a period, some 15 years or so ago.  His record remains a matter of opinion.
Whether you like it or not.
No not at all,he's still there in the background pouring his poison in Steamers ear.

He's held up as a shining example of labours success,I know you would find it easier if we all forgot the bad bits and only remembered the good such as they were but so many saw through the evil emperors new clothes which btw Starmer still justifies.

Interestingly watching Peston last night and McDonnell was on saying Boris was a liar (and he is) and that by hanging on he's damaging the tories (which he is) I only spat my tea out laughing when he wibbled on that it was destroying not just trust in the tories but labour too in fact the whole of politics lol .......what trust and where's he been all these years.

There was another bloke on an author whose name escapes me but he said  he can't think of a recent PM who would have countenanced this idea of a party in the garden of no 10 ( so much for Borky thinking Boris cunning) but then crucially went on to say but at least he's not killed anyone and describing how in the last 25 years or so how politics have changed and the attitudes of those in what we on here call the Westminster bubble.

Interesting time period :P

Good old

Quote from: cromwell on January 12, 2022, 11:13:09 PM
Cobblers you brought up how poor Tone had a police interview and awful Boris hasn't (as yet)try to paint a picture of poor hard done to Bliar it's more than fair to highlight his despicable record as a whole no matter how hard you try disguise it.
Poor hard done Labour. Is the picture that post paints. Blair  ,is not the Labour Party, or haven't you noticed. Blair is an individual that led the party for a period, some 15 years or so ago.  His record remains a matter of opinion.
Whether you like it or not.

cromwell

Quote from: Good old on January 12, 2022, 10:54:07 PM
Any comparison had nothing to do with ,Iraq read the piece.it's about peerages for money. And makes the point , Boris, has overseen far more , probable peerages for money than Blair, ever might have done.  No matter what you think of Blair,  Boris, has proved himself to be what I for one always thought he was. A first class prat. And bringing Iraq, back to the table doesn't alter that.
Cobblers you brought up how poor Tone had a police interview and awful Boris hasn't (as yet)try to paint a picture of poor hard done to Bliar it's more than fair to highlight his despicable record as a whole no matter how hard you try disguise it.

Good old

Quote from: cromwell on January 12, 2022, 10:21:35 PM
Quite so to compare his transgressionsto Boris having a party are laughable.
That's not what  was done in my post, and you know it . The subject of that post had nothing what so ever to do with Blair's record on Iraq,. Everyone here knows your view of Blair. The Iraq, situation is not comparable to this present situation that's obvious. except for you it doesnt need it to be , the mere mention of Blair, sets you off diverting from the simple fact that we are talking about Johnson. Not Blair. Except in the context of that man being interviewed by the police.