Why those parties have made me angry

Started by Barry, January 11, 2022, 03:48:53 PM

« previous - next »

Borchester

Quote from: Good old on January 14, 2022, 10:31:53 PM
I really don't think people would be that bothered if Boris, and the crew in Downing Street , had just had the odd half pint in an office break.
The odd half pint? Jesus. Brave New World. You guys really do live in the fast lane. Half a pint? That isn't even a dirty glass.
Algerie Francais !

Good old

Quote from: srb7677 on January 14, 2022, 10:09:46 PM
Wow, Starmer revealed to be a hypocrite!!!

If anyone had bothered to ask any of the 200,000 people who have left the party already and know him to be a brazen liar, we could have told you that. lol

I really don't think people would be that bothered if Boris, and the crew in Downing Street , had just had the odd half pint in an office break. But it was bring your own booze.Send out for a suitcase of more wine. Put the music on let's dance .
It's pretty obvious that photo, is nothing more than an office break. Anyway it's old news. And was not deemed as out of order. But any port in a storm.

srb7677

Quote from: cromwell on January 14, 2022, 04:21:37 PM
And of course it had to happen a picture of Starmer drinking with staff during lockdown......oh dear

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-10403057/Tories-accuse-Keir-Starmer-hypocrite-party-row.html
Wow, Starmer revealed to be a hypocrite!!!

If anyone had bothered to ask any of the 200,000 people who have left the party already and know him to be a brazen liar, we could have told you that. lol
We are not all in the same boat. We are in the same storm. Some of us have yachts. Some of us have canoes. Some of us are drowning.

johnofgwent

Quote from: cromwell on January 14, 2022, 06:36:05 PM
Funnily enough had many jobs but was never allowed alcohol in workplace  in fact if you did you got the boot.

The "digital agency" in Cirencester and Bristol behind such classics as "compare the meerkat" had booze fridges in the offices with time locks that opened at 4pm on s Friday so you could have a couple of beers or glasses of wine before driving home on a friday.

That was 2012.....

<t>In matters of taxation, Lord Clyde\'s summing up in the 1929 case Inland Revenue v Ayrshire Pullman Services is worth a glance.</t>

papasmurf

Nemini parco qui vivit in orbe

Barry

Quote from: papasmurf on January 14, 2022, 07:04:39 PM
14 so far, (Channel 4 news this evening.)
Probably 1 for each of the 12 days of Christmas, as calculated by Diane Abbott.
† The end is nigh †

papasmurf

Quote from: Good old on January 14, 2022, 06:38:08 PM
News this evening, they are coming out of the woodwork, queuing up it seems to own up to party  nights and days.
I'm losing count
14 so far, (Channel 4 news this evening.)
Nemini parco qui vivit in orbe

Good old

News this evening, they are coming out of the woodwork, queuing up it seems to own up to party  nights and days.
I'm losing count

cromwell

Quote from: B0ycey on January 14, 2022, 06:24:17 PM
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=EqKhlDIfb9U

BoJo hard at work I see.
Funnily enough had many jobs but was never allowed alcohol in workplace  in fact if you did you got the boot.
Energy....secure and affordable,not that hard is it?

Good old

Quote from: johnofgwent on January 14, 2022, 04:21:04 PM
Really ?

What part of Blair lied to parliament that there was a skills shortage and set up a bogus fast tracked visa scheme and sent two of his cabinet to India to fill this country with IT workers who had no practical idea did you manage to missIo
Well I don't claim other PMs were squeaky clean,  But they were a bloody sight more clever in what they slapped the publics, and the Queens face with..And nothing from the past can alter this man is not only a liar , but  totally unfit for office right now. Blair, lied , they all have lied. Very few got caught ,and dammed for it. Nothing that Blair ever did or didn't do , alters the fact that Boris, is a disaster in his own time.

B0ycey

Quote from: Good old on January 14, 2022, 03:40:12 PM
The mystery at the moment is why the Met, are not all over this.
Because the MET, like everyone else, are waiting to see what Sue Gray uncovers. In fact yesterday if I was Johnson I would be a little bit worried about what the MET said yesterday actually. The normally say they don't pursue historic Covid breaches. Now they are saying they are waiting to see if Sue Gray discovers something worth pursuing. And what is worse, they say they are being kept updated by the Cabinet Office. And that is laymen that have been kept updated by Sue Gray.

I don't know whether Johnson is the architect for these breaches or not or whether he really did just stumble into a "works meeting". But what we do know is Number Ten was party central during lockdown and for the sakes of respect in politics, the Captain needs to go down with this sinking ship.

B0ycey

Guy walks to an off-licence to buy a suitcase full of booze for a "gathering" that lasted into the early hours for two peoples leaving do's. Tories: we need to wait for Sue Gray to tell us whether there was a party. They seriously need to replay their interviews and watch them back. Ridiculous.

If Sue Gray is indeed the Iron Lady we hear that she is who doesn't leave any stone unturned, then Number Ten is fucked. If someone keeps leaking stories every other day then clearly there is a mountain of evidence out there as well. If BoJo had any sense he would quit now before the next story comes out. Because at this rate we can expect War and Peace to be written by Sue Gray.

Good old

Quote from: cromwell on January 14, 2022, 04:07:59 PM
Whilst he has done all the things you cite I guess you know what I'm going to say he hasn't caused a bloodbath.
Well yes I didn't think you would miss the chance to say so. It's good that he hasn't . But as you have more or less said before I believe , he is still a complete disaster for the PMs office, public trust in authority, and British politics in general.
And trivial as some would have it, lucky  not to be the subject of a criminal investigation.

cromwell

Energy....secure and affordable,not that hard is it?