Why those parties have made me angry

Started by Barry, January 11, 2022, 03:48:53 PM

« previous - next »

Thomas

Quote from: papasmurf on January 15, 2022, 01:43:58 PM
I have not said sorry, quite the opposite in fact. The Tories need no help from the media to be demonised they are doing that to themselves.
You have been demonising them at every opportunity these past ten years , but they keep getting elected. You must be doing something right pappy. Keep up the good work.
An Fhirinn an aghaidh an t-Saoghail!

papasmurf

Quote from: Thomas on January 15, 2022, 01:34:02 PM
pappy your back . Having said sorry , this must be like being a wean in a sweetie shop for you with all this tory demonising in the media?;D
I have not said sorry, quite the opposite in fact. The Tories need no help from the media to be demonised they are doing that to themselves.
Nemini parco qui vivit in orbe

Thomas

Quote from: papasmurf on January 15, 2022, 01:30:57 PM

pappy your back . Having said sorry , this must be like being a wean in a sweetie shop for you with all this tory demonising in the media?;D

Thomas

Quote from: Good old on January 15, 2022, 10:26:46 AM
Well that's a matter of opinion. One things for sure though. Your guessing.  Beside that, How clever have true Brits been in their present choice of the man in charge of the paperwork?
Ahh.....back to sneering at the idiot plebs. Typical labour .

I mean it couldnt be anything to do with the fact that tactical political genius keir starmers brexit policy guided the labour party to one of their worst defeats in history in 2019 , where he attempted to piss on the backs of 60 odd percent of his own labour constituencies who voted brexit in 2016 , while holding a gun to corbyns head and forcing him to cheer on remain whenwe all knew corbyn like many in old labour were lifelong anti EU/(eec)?

It cant ever be the fault of labour for opposing the public on most issues in my lifetime can it? Naw its always those idiot plebs using thier votes unwisely?

...and you wonder why we all despise the labour party?

papasmurf

Thomas

Quote from: Good old on January 12, 2022, 10:54:07 PM
Any comparison had nothing to do with ,Iraq read the piece.it's about peerages for money. And makes the point , Boris, has overseen far more , probable peerages for money than Blair, ever might have done.  No matter what you think of Blair,  Boris, has proved himself to be what I for one always thought he was. A first class prat. And bringing Iraq, back to the table doesn't alter that.
howling. Absolutely howling.:D

papasmurf

If you can't spot that it's a party when you walk in, you really ought to take a trip to Barnard Castle to get your eyes tested.

Sheepy

Quote from: Good old on January 15, 2022, 10:26:46 AM
Well that's a matter of opinion. One things for sure though. Your guessing.  Beside that, How clever have true Brits been in their present choice of the man in charge of the paperwork?
Not very, but something which has been in place for a few hundred years and has its fingers in many pies takes time of its own before people work it out for themselves. So no rush hang around and eventually you will see it as well. Boris and you remainers might well be doing us all a favour and not realising it. 
Just because I don't say anything, it doesn't mean I haven't noticed!

Good old

Quote from: johnofgwent on January 15, 2022, 10:14:54 AM
Well quite. No true Brit is stupid enough to put him in charge of any meaningful paperwork.

Well that's a matter of opinion. One things for sure though. Your guessing.  Beside that, How clever have true Brits been in their present choice of the man in charge of the paperwork?

johnofgwent

Quote from: Good old on January 15, 2022, 10:13:13 AM
And one things for sure he wouldn't F—k up the afternoon paper work.

Well quite. No true Brit is stupid enough to put him in charge of any meaningful paperwork. 
<t>In matters of taxation, Lord Clyde\'s summing up in the 1929 case Inland Revenue v Ayrshire Pullman Services is worth a glance.</t>

Good old

Quote from: Borchester on January 14, 2022, 11:07:50 PM
The odd half pint? Jesus. Brave New World. You guys really do live in the fast lane. Half a pint? That isn't even a dirty glass.

Precisely, and that's what Starmer appears to swallow. So what is the problem? He wasn't deemed to break rules when this happened last year. And one things for sure he wouldn't F—k up the afternoon paper work.

johnofgwent

Quote from: Good old on January 14, 2022, 10:31:53 PM
I really don't think people would be that bothered if Boris, and the crew in Downing Street , had just had the odd half pint in an office break. But it was bring your own booze.Send out for a suitcase of more wine. Put the music on let's dance .
It's pretty obvious that photo, is nothing more than an office break. Anyway it's old news. And was not deemed as out of order. But any port in a storm.

When I entered the world of proper work in 1982 not just paid academic tomfoolery as I had enjoyed since about 75, it was the norm for some in the office to take lunch in wholly liquid form, although I never did myself.

But it was the norm for people to have a pint with whatever pie mash veg and gravy or similar the pub up the road from the office served up. No eyelids were batted if you washed it down with non alcoholic stuff, but neither was a f**k given if two or three pints went down with it.

But over the last couple of governments Boris' included this sort of thing has been frowned upon by those third party lobbyists that have the ear of ministers.

And because that is the case and bollocks like dry January is given the breath to live and not strangled by ministers in the national interest, f**k NO I DO care that these f**kers drink at work. Because I can't. Not that I'd want to if I could but these f**kers created the environment where I can't then ride roughshod over that where they're concerned.

It's called arrogance and it's why I want to take a shovel to the face of the Berk with the hair

<t>In matters of taxation, Lord Clyde\'s summing up in the 1929 case Inland Revenue v Ayrshire Pullman Services is worth a glance.</t>

johnofgwent

Quote from: srb7677 on January 15, 2022, 08:16:11 AM
Even if driving I can get away with one pint and still remain under the limit. What is the point of half a pint?

It is a handy weight to be comfortably lifted by a limp wristed royal unused to real work.

Go on, pull a photo of Charlie in full Farage mode in the local pub. What measure glass is he holding in his right hand .... Exactly ...

srb7677

Quote from: Borchester on January 14, 2022, 11:07:50 PM
The odd half pint? Jesus. Brave New World. You guys really do live in the fast lane. Half a pint? That isn't even a dirty glass.
Even if driving I can get away with one pint and still remain under the limit. What is the point of half a pint?
We are not all in the same boat. We are in the same storm. Some of us have yachts. Some of us have canoes. Some of us are drowning.

johnofgwent

Quote from: srb7677 on January 14, 2022, 10:09:46 PM
Wow, Starmer revealed to be a hypocrite!!!

If anyone had bothered to ask any of the 200,000 people who have left the party already and know him to be a brazen liar, we could have told you that. lol
Whilst I understand and take your word to be the gospel truth, it is nice to have photographic evidence. Juries like that kind of thing

He should have pondered harder on this, perhaps

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-56805144