Why those parties have made me angry

Started by Barry, January 11, 2022, 03:48:53 PM

« previous - next »

Good old

Quote from: Thomas on January 15, 2022, 05:09:10 PM
i watched repeatedly as the most serious political damage was done to corybn by blairites running to speaks to the very same tory owned media you are on here constantly bleating about.

How many times did we see from blair himself downwards , rubbishing corbyn at every turn? The fecking conservatives themselves didint need to do anything , the blairites did it all for them.

The trouble with people like you good old , is yet need mass amnesia to win political battles , but most of us unfortunately for you have long memories.

A long memory is a good thing Thomas, yours is no better than anyone else's. Like most people you only pretend to retain the bits that suit you, but they are the only bits you want.  And here you go again this piece is your take on the situation, it's called spin, it's your spin. If you believe your own spin so be it ,but it is spin. Truth as Thomas, see,s it. 

Thomas

Quote from: Good old on January 15, 2022, 05:54:12 PM
If anyone takes the piss it's the we can wait tribe.
Says the man who has sat and said lets sit and wait for starmer to tumble into power these last two years.

:D
An Fhirinn an aghaidh an t-Saoghail!

Good old

Quote from: srb7677 on January 15, 2022, 04:50:44 PM
After coming out with a bucket load of it yourself.

I suggest you retreat to a quiet room and give your head a bit of a wobble. You might gain a better perspective.

It is not 1997, Blairism has royally fecked up Labour in Scotland and you have lost the working class vote, yet cannot win without them. Yet if you imagine appealing to affluent home owning liberals in London is the way to win them back, you are surely taking the piss.
If anyone takes the piss it's the we can wait tribe. Which you say you are one of. You will wait for ever and a day mate. You think you know how to gain perspective go and do it. A bucket load well that's not a F—king skip full is it? It's Thomas you read if you want to see that much. 

Thomas

Quote from: Good old on January 15, 2022, 04:17:05 PM
Political parties , change leaders for factional reasons all the time the Tories have done it two times over brexit alone, Thatcher hit the deck with Tory daggers in her back.
Corbyn, did have his critics within the party, Jewish, members were not fond of him for a start, and his links to terrorist organisations, honourable or not was always questioned.
But as far tthe nation was concerned it was the Press coverage ,driven by the Tories that made him unelectable. And acceptance of that was why the party knew a change was needed. And you talk of spin, Dancing Dancing Jesus, Thomas, you don't know yourself do you?
i watched repeatedly as the most serious political damage was done to corybn by blairites running to speaks to the very same tory owned media you are on here constantly bleating about.

How many times did we see from blair himself downwards , rubbishing corbyn at every turn? The fecking conservatives themselves didint need to do anything , the blairites did it all for them.

The trouble with people like you good old , is yet need mass amnesia to win political battles , but most of us unfortunately for you have long memories.

srb7677

Quote from: Good old on January 15, 2022, 04:17:05 PMAnd you talk of spin
After coming out with a bucket load of it yourself.

I suggest you retreat to a quiet room and give your head a bit of a wobble. You might gain a better perspective.

It is not 1997, Blairism has royally fecked up Labour in Scotland and you have lost the working class vote, yet cannot win without them. Yet if you imagine appealing to affluent home owning liberals in London is the way to win them back, you are surely taking the piss.
We are not all in the same boat. We are in the same storm. Some of us have yachts. Some of us have canoes. Some of us are drowning.

Good old

Quote from: Thomas on January 15, 2022, 03:19:26 PM
That is laughable when you consider from the 2015 elections to the labour leadership onwards , the entire uk witnessed corbyn being under non stop constant attack from the blairites in your own party while the tories sat back laughing and watching starmers mates tear the labour party into an unelectable bitterly divided mess.

...and you sit today blaming the tories for corbyns demise. I tell you good old , you spin some facking stories on this forum.:D
Political parties , change leaders for factional reasons all the time the Tories have done it two times over brexit alone, Thatcher hit the deck with Tory daggers in her back.
Corbyn, did have his critics within the party, Jewish, members were not fond of him for a start, and his links to terrorist organisations, honourable or not was always questioned.
But as far tthe nation was concerned it was the Press coverage ,driven by the Tories that made him unelectable. And acceptance of that was why the party knew a change was needed. And you talk of spin, Dancing Dancing Jesus, Thomas, you don't know yourself do you?

Thomas

Quote from: papasmurf on January 15, 2022, 03:56:03 PM
I have stated many times that the ONLY reason I  voted remain is I knew the Tories would make a bog of it, (and they have.)
They have also done nothing to protect the British mainland  coastline, quite the opposite.
There is no clue as to many trained terrorists are entering Britain as "refugees." That will have tragic consequences eventually.
Expert terrorist bomb makers are bound to get in. So far the deaths and injuries have not been anything like they would have been had the bombs used been expertly made and placed.
You told us you voted tory in the last general election , and you absolutely 100 % supported brexiters ending freedom of movement as you hate imagrunts.

papasmurf

Quote from: Thomas on January 15, 2022, 02:38:48 PM
back in the days when he was shall we say "neutral" on brexit , he was cheering on brexiters 
I have stated many times that the ONLY reason I  voted remain is I knew the Tories would make a bog of it, (and they have.)
They have also done nothing to protect the British mainland  coastline, quite the opposite.
There is no clue as to many trained terrorists are entering Britain as "refugees." That will have tragic consequences eventually.
Expert terrorist bomb makers are bound to get in. So far the deaths and injuries have not been anything like they would have been had the bombs used been expertly made and placed.
Nemini parco qui vivit in orbe

Borchester

Quote from: papasmurf on January 15, 2022, 02:03:32 PM
Obviously you have not seen the latest opinion polls.

Pappy, if it were not for people like you there would not need to be opinion polls. Boris is currently trying to kick himself up the arse, out of the door and into the street. Right now the left should be weighing votes, not counting them. But then you start up with your bleak whinges and folk like me think sod it, what is wrong with sending small boys up chimneys?

Lad, you are Bojo's last hope :)
Algerie Francais !

Good old

Quote from: srb7677 on January 15, 2022, 03:07:10 PM
I am not a Corbynite. I am a 2017 manifestoite. I don't care who leads, nor which party they lead. Deliver that and I will back you. Though it is also essential that your party ceases - at Israeli behest - to equate opposition to Israeli oppression as anti-semitism.

What you talk about there tells just how difficult the powers that be can make it .. I will only say that subject is a nail that if you hit it directly on its head it will spring out and take your eye out.

Thomas

Quote from: Good old on January 15, 2022, 03:18:21 PM
It's to early for making to much solid policy, the country is in such a mess the only policy is to try to get it back on an even keel.
we already know one of his main policies to be fair , taking the uk back into the EU by hook or by crook. While telling us jocks no to another indy ref.

So from where im sitting , that rules out anyone with a brain who

1. supports brexit

2. supports scot indy.

The rest of his "policy " will be the usual blairite fag paper to the left of the conservatives.

Labour are a big part of the uk problems , not the facking solution as i keep telling you. Most of us across the differing uk nations know it .

Thomas

Quote from: Good old on January 15, 2022, 03:02:42 PM
That's how you see him.wholly lacking in substance you say. I seem to remember , Corbyn, and Mc,donnell, being roundly being considered lacking in  reality, let alone substance. Corbyn, has been destroyed, by the real enemy the Tories,.

That is laughable when you consider from the 2015 elections to the labour leadership onwards , the entire uk witnessed corbyn being under non stop constant attack from the blairites in your own party while the tories sat back laughing and watching starmers mates tear the labour party into an unelectable bitterly divided mess.

...and you sit today blaming the tories for corbyns demise. I tell you good old , you spin some facking stories on this forum.:D

Good old

Quote from: Thomas on January 15, 2022, 02:49:11 PM
A man who simply opposes for opposing sake , no policies , and when quizzed on why we should vote for this liar , simply states vote for me  , im no a tory.

Howling.

If england votes this man into power , hell mend them is all i can say. Especially when he takes it as the green light to drag the english nation back into the EU.

It's to early for making to much solid policy, the country is in such a mess the only policy is to try to get it back on an even keel. An election two years at least away, when the worlds likely to be a totally different place . And he makes policy now? You would love that, wouldnt you? When the facts of life at that moment have changed  out of recognition .
Well the wheels have started to turn he made a speech this morning, mostly on the needs of the NHS. But quiet honestly until it's known just what it is going to be our fortune come the election period he can keep his power dry.
His biggest problem will be we are another £120 billion in debt since 2010 and that's now. 

srb7677

Quote from: Good old on January 15, 2022, 03:02:42 PM
That's how you see him.wholly lacking in substance you say. I seem to remember , Corbyn, and Mc,donnell, being roundly being considered lacking in  reality, let alone substance. Corbyn, has been destroyed, by the real enemy the Tories,.
You get called on being to left, maybe Corbynite,. I'm called Blairite, all this try's to do is say Labour is bad either way. It suggests there is no in between . The fact is you might not be totally as I describe , and believe you me, I might give some support to Blair, but I'm actually not totally out of touch with some of Corbyns ideas.  From the point of view of the party in general if people not unlike ourselves can not work it out then the Tories can do what they like.
I am not a Corbynite. I am a 2017 manifestoite. I don't care who leads, nor which party they lead. Deliver that and I will back you. Though it is also essential that your party ceases - at Israeli behest - to equate opposition to Israeli oppression as anti-semitism.
We are not all in the same boat. We are in the same storm. Some of us have yachts. Some of us have canoes. Some of us are drowning.

Good old

Quote from: srb7677 on January 15, 2022, 02:40:37 PM
Well that's true, and a big part of the problem. We haven't actually seen anything yet from Starmer beyond empty platitudes and soundbites, nothing but spin wholly lacking in substance. About as a inspiring as a solitary bit of limp lettuce on a dinner plate.
That's how you see him.wholly lacking in substance you say. I seem to remember , Corbyn, and Mc,donnell, being roundly being considered lacking in  reality, let alone substance. Corbyn, has been destroyed, by the real enemy the Tories,. 
You get called on being to left, maybe Corbynite,. I'm called Blairite, all this try's to do is say Labour is bad either way. It suggests there is no in between . The fact is you might not be totally as I describe , and believe you me, I might give some support to Blair, but I'm actually not totally out of touch with some of Corbyns ideas.  From the point of view of the party in general if people not unlike ourselves can not work it out then the Tories can do what they like.